Creek Audio - Evolution 100A - Integrated Amplifier
To maintain a family resemblance with the lower powered amplifier, the EVOLUTION 100A is housed in a similar slim case with engraved front panel and solid metal control knobs as the EVOLUTION 50A. It is available with either a Black or Silver brushed aluminium front panel and uses the same ingenious soft push button design as the EVOLUTION 50 series, offering excellent tactile feel and backlit optical indication of functions, for optimum user-friendliness.
The front panel features a large OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display. The white on black display provides higher clarity and resolution than a normal display and has a wide range of customised graphic symbols. Display brightness levels can be changed or turned-off, if not required, via the menu system.
In addition to greatly increased performance, thanks to ingenious new circuit design, the EVOLUTION 100A has been equipped with 2 sets of high quality loudspeaker binding posts, with local and remote switching for A & B outputs. Optional extras include the ability to plug the Sequel mk3 Phono pre-amp inside and add the AMBIT FM/AM radio or RUBY DAC/Bluetooth/FM radio module to the expansion slot on the rear panel.
At the heart of any high-end amplifier there must be a good power supply; The EVOLUTION 100A uses a massive 360 Watt, low profile, toroidal mains transformer, with multiple windings for high and low voltages and current, to separate the power amp, pre-amp and digital circuitry. Creek’s long-standing design policy of paralleling several small capacitors in the power supply creates an ultra-high specification capacitor, with low inductance and ultra low impedance. This significantly improves filtering and helps produce a very powerful and accurate sound from such a relatively small amplifier.
After testing several methods of building a high performance and high efficiency power amplifier, suitable for this new model, David Gamble
- POWER OUTPUT - >110 Watts into 8 Ohms
- POWER OUTPUT - >170 Watts into 4 Ohms
- CONTINUOUS CURRENT - >8.5 Amps (sine wave)
- MAX CURRENT - +/- 26 Amps, current burst into 0.5 Ohms
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE - <0.05 Ohms – 20Hz to 20KHz
- THD - < 0.002%
- SNR - >102dB – Line Input
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 10Hz – 100KHz +/- 2dB Line
- GAIN - 33.3dB (x46) via power amp input
- INPUT SENSITIVITY - 650mV
- CROSSTALK - -80dB at 1Khz
- DC OFFEST - < +/-10mV
- PRE-AMP INPUTS - 5x RCA unbalanced – 1x Balanced XLR
- POWER-AMP INPUTS - Input 3 & 4via RCA or XLR
- OPTIONAL TUNER - AMBIT FM/AM plug-in module
- OUTPUTS - 2 Pairs
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT - Dedicated low impedance amp (<50 Ohms)
- IR BUS - Powered output for IR repeater
- OPERATING VOLTAGES - 110V/230V Switchable
- CONSUMPTION (AT IDLE) - <20 Watts (no standby)
- CONSUMPTION (AT FULL POWER) - 500 Watts
- WEIGHT - 9Kgs
- DIMENSIONS - 430x60x280mm W/H/D