Lindemann - Limetree Bridge - Network Adapter
The Limetree BRIDGE is a high-quality network adapter designed to transfer music from streaming services and local storage media digitally in studio master quality to existing D/A converters or other devices with digital inputs. This makes it possible to upgrade an existing hi-fi system with streaming for little money. Here Lindemann would like to address owners of older LINDEMANN devices such as the 820S or the 825, but of course all other customers with a converter or a CD player with a digital input as well.
For this purpose the Limetree BRIDGE is simply connected with the network by means of a LAN cable or via WLAN. It has also a USB port for connecting harddisks or USB storage media. There is an optical and a coaxial digital output. A professional studio engineering sample rate converter makes sure that all streamed formats can be played back on an existing converter without major losses in sound quality.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
- The LINDEMANN streaming platform offers a studio master grade reproduction. Either through a LAN connection or wireless via WLAN. Due to WPS, integrating the device into your existing system is just a breeze. Moreover, the ARM core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- The digital outputs of the BRIDGE can be perfectly adapted to the input specifications of the respective converter. In the course of this the digital input signals are modified by a high-class studio engineering sample rate converter in such a way that all resolutions of the streaming platform can be played back without sound losses.
- The Limetree BRIDGE offers a Bluetooth function which enables a wireless music playback e.g. from smartphones or tablets. At the same time the A2DP Bluetooth audio transmission protocol ensures the very best sound quality.
- he LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets. The album-oriented programming convinces by fluent browsing and an easy, intuitive operation. Lindemann's definitive highlight.
- The Limetree BRIDGE can play back music from USB storage media such as USB sticks or harddisks. For this purpose the device is equipped with a USB host port on the back.
The Limetree BRIDGE is controlled almost exclusively via the newly designed LINDEMANN app which is available both for Android and iOS. Apart from the smartphone version, there is also a proprietary tablet version in the landscape mode. The app allows a fluent, intuitive browsing and searching. A new feature is the simultaneous display of browse view and play view. In addition you can also call up your current play queue. The album-oriented programming allows the playback of a complete album with just one push of a button!
In addition, the range of streaming services is diversified, with a clear focus on studio master quality and hi-fi subscriptions. Customers may choose between TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio and Spotify. Through our partner airable they will also get access to thousands of podcasts and radio stations worldwide.
The circuitry of the Limetree BRIDGE – designed around the powerful streaming platform – has been tuned for optimum signal quality. All music files are post-synchronised by an ultra precise FemtoClock. The data processed in this way are free from “jitter“, the most frequent cause of a poor digital playback quality. When output over the digital outs, the DSD data are automatically converted into high-resolution PCM data so that owners of older DACs can also enjoy high-res media of all kinds. With many older DACs the Limetree BRIDGE’s exceptionally low-jitter digital signal produces an audible increase in sound quality.
For the power supply Lindemann use a high-quality “medical grade“ wall plug transformer which ensures a particularly good isolation from line disturbances. Owing to the elaborated onboard filtering and special voltage regulators, they were able to realise an exceptionally low-noise power supply with a ripple voltage below 10 µV.
- Power consumption: 0.1 W standby, 3.5 W operation, 8 W max.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 107 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 4.2 in)
- Weight: 300 g (0.66 lbs)
- Power supply: 5V DC
- RCA coaxial 75 ohms: max. resolution 192 kHz, 24 bit
- TOS optical: max. resolution 192 kHz, 24 bit
- Clock: Ultra low jitter MEMS FemtoClock
- Mode 1: PCM is output as 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz, DSD is output as PCM 88.2 kHz
- Mode 2: PCM is output as 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz, DSD is output as PCM 176.4 kHz
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB 2.0 high-speed host interface, max. output current 1.5 A
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, DSD
- UPnP and DLNA support
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit (WLAN up to 192 kHz)
- DSD resolution: DSD 64 up to DSD 256 (WLAN up to DSD 128)
- Gapless playback
- Streaming services: TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, Spotify
- Internet radio and podcast