Clearaudio - Concept MC - Turntable
Clearaudio's vision for the concept: design an elegantly styled turntable package featuring a level of groundbreaking technology usually only found in high-end turntables, combining plug-and-play simplicity with outstanding sound quality and affordability.
Beneath the sleek, contemporary exterior is a level of technical sophistication unique to Clearaudio.
The concept’s body is carefully crafted from medium-density wood fibre (or, optionally, pressure-formed solid wood) with a selection of smart made-to-match surface finishes. The body’s upper layer incorporates a special high-tech satined plastic compound designed to minimise unwanted resonance.
The DC motor is fed by an external voltage-stabilised power supply and is completely decoupled from the turntable’s body to ensure no mechanical interference.
The concept tonearm features a magnetic bearing that is friction-free for extremely low distortion and superb performance. The package is completed with the high quality CONCEPT MM or CONCEPT MC cartridge (Upgrade possible).
Innovative, high-performing, user-friendly and affordable. Now that’s what we call an unbeatable concept.
The Clearaudio Concept MC also comes in wood finishes. Click here for more information>
- CONSTRUCTION DETAILS - Resonance-optimised bodywork; body comprises medium-density wood fibre or pressure-formed solid wood; upper layer incorporates high-tech satined plastic compound.
- SPEED RANGES - Electronic speed selection, 33 ⅓, 45 rpm (78 rpm optional)
- DRIVE UNIT - Decoupled and resonance damped DC motor, flat belt-drive and plug-in power supply unit designed for worldwide use with all networks and power frequencies.
- BEARING - Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze housing, running on a Teflon thrust-pad.
- PLATTER - Synthetic material, CNC precision milled surface; 30mm / 1.18 inch thickness; aluminum sub-platter
- SPEED VARIATION - ± 0.05 %
- POWER CONSUMPTION - Max. consumption: 1.5 Watt, Consumption in operation: 0.5 Watt, Off mode: 0.0 Watt
- WEIGHT - Approx. 7.5kg / Wood: 7.9kg (incl. motor, tonearm and cartridge)
- DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in mm) - Approx. 420 x 350 x 125 (with tonearm)