Clearaudio - Concept MC Wood - Turntable
Indent product - 12 week lead time
Clearaudio's vision for the concept: design an elegantly styled turntable package featuring a level of groundbreaking technology usually only found in high-end turntables, combining plug-and-play simplicity with outstanding sound quality and affordability.
Beneath the sleek, contemporary exterior is a level of technical sophistication unique to Clearaudio.
The concept’s body is carefully crafted from medium-density wood fibre (or, optionally, pressure-formed solid wood) with a selection of smart made-to-match surface finishes. The body’s upper layer incorporates a special high-tech satined plastic compound designed to minimise unwanted resonance.
The DC motor is fed by an external voltage-stabilised power supply and is completely decoupled from the turntable’s body to ensure no mechanical interference.
The concept tonearm features a magnetic bearing that is friction-free for extremely low distortion and superb performance. The package is completed with the high quality CONCEPT MM or CONCEPT MC cartridge (Upgrade possible).
Innovative, high-performing, user-friendly and affordable. Now that’s what we call an unbeatable concept.
- CONSTRUCTION DETAILS - Resonance-optimised bodywork; body comprises medium-density wood fibre or pressure-formed solid wood; upper layer incorporates high-tech satined plastic compound.
- SPEED RANGES - Electronic speed selection, 33 ⅓, 45 rpm (78 rpm optional)
- DRIVE UNIT - Decoupled and resonance damped DC motor, flat belt-drive and plug-in power supply unit designed for worldwide use with all networks and power frequencies
- BEARING - Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze housing, running on a Teflon thrust-pad.
- PLATTER - Synthetic material, CNC precision milled surface; 30mm / 1.18 inch thickness; aluminum sub-platter
- SPEED VARIATION - ± 0.05 %
- POWER CONSUMPTION - Max. consumption: 1.5 Watt, Consumption in operation: 0.5 Watt, Off mode: 0.0 Watt
- WEIGHT - Approx. 7.5kg / Wood: 7.9kg (incl. motor, tonearm and cartridge)
- DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in mm) - Approx. 420 x 350 x 125 (with tonearm)
Concept MC Cartridge
Here, audiophile explorers discover what the optimisation of magnetic circuits can deliver: this cartridge releases crystal clear sounds and represents nothing less than a revolution in its class.
Equipped with a boron cantilever, the concept mc has channel matching to within half a decibel, 11 ohms internal impedance and is fitted with a Micro Line stylus – features normally unheard of in this price range. All of which adds up to make this high quality cartridge a bargain for the cost-conscious high-end fan.
Essence MC Cartridge
Take the best and make it better"… sometimes the Clearaudio motto proves to be quite a challenge. Especially when it calls for a brand new cartridge design that will improve upon our entry-level concept mc cartridge but without breaking a key price point!
How did we do it? By taking the 'essence' of the concept mc design and applying even tighter controls to every element of its construction. The boron cantilever, the micro-line stylus and of course the Clearaudio-patented moving coil generator have been subjected to the most stringent scrutiny, thus ensuring superb dynamics, fine resolution and channel matching of better than 0.5dB.
The electrical parameters are such that the essence mc will match with almost any MC phonostage, guaranteeing superb results: natural tonality, three-dimensional sound-staging, vivid dynamics and captivating musicality. That's the essence of our new MC!
Satisfy Kardan Tonearm
A precise, magnetic antiskating adjustment with a gentle sensitiveness, without mechanic disturbance - for pure music.
Become a witness of revolutionary direct wiring, where the signal travels uninterrupted from the cartridge to the Phono-preamplifier.
Only a few amongst the best offer this feature – it's one of a kind.
Construction Details - Resonance-optimised chassis
Speed Ranges - 33 ⅓, 45 and 78 rpm
Drive Unit - Decoupled DC motor with low noise bearings
Bearing - Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing, runs on a mirror of Teflon
Platter - POM, 30 mm thickness
Speed Accuracy (measured) - ± 0.04 %
Power Consumption - Max. consumption: 1.5 Watt, Consumption in operation: 0.5 Watt, Off mode: 0.0 Watt
Total Weight - Approx. 7.5 kg (incl. motor, tonearm and cartridge)
Dimensions(mm) - Approx. 420 x 350 x 125 (with tonearm)