Amphion - Argon7LS - Floorstanding Speakers
kept in limited quantities, please enquire for stock levelsFeatures:
- Handmade in Finland
- Argon7LS is the new front-runner in Amphion’s Argon family of high-end home audio speakers.
- Argon7LS uses the Amphion’s signature approach to crossover and passive radiator design.
- Argon7LS integrates acoustic design features proven in the finest global studio facilities.
- Argon7LS’s specifically designed waveguide creates an even, room-wide, sweet spot dispersion.
Argon7LS floorstanding loudspeaker is the largest model in Amphion’s Argon family of high-end home audio speakers. Argon7LS follows the trend of employing design and technologies from Amphion's professional studio monitor line. This approach provides extremely natural, transparent, and precise sound reproduction with deep emotional impact. Argon7LS ‘floorstanders’ deliver an exceptionally precise imaging and wide sweet spot, keeping the sound well-balanced even when you move around the room.
Argon7LS uses a passive radiator design which is also present in all Amphion studio monitors as well as Argon3S and Argon3LS home audio loudspeakers. Passive radiators eliminate the known problems associated with reflex cabinets, where the correct signal is always followed by an unwanted tail. Argon7LS design creates a more natural energy transfer, providing the listener with an improved physical connection to the music, even on lower listening levels.
Just like all Amphion loudspeaker models, Argon7LS uses the company’s signature approach to crossover design. Placed at 1600 Hz, the crossover is located outside the most sensitive human hearing range, allowing the use of the tweeter in that area, where our hearing is most perceptive. This way the speakers perform as point-sources, solving the problems we generally experience with coaxial or dual concentric designs, where the tweeter is housed in the moving “waveguide” ie. the woofer. The specifically designed waveguide creates an even dispersion, allowing you to immerse yourself into a room-wide sweet spot.
Amphion’s acoustic design together with the unique approach to crossover implementation, have proven their value in some of the finest recording, mixing, mastering, and postproduction facilities around the globe. Argon7LS loudspeaker uses very similar technologies and is fine-tuned for home use. This makes them the perfect alternative for audio enthusiasts who want to experience their recordings as the producer and artist intended.
- Operating principle: Two-way, passive radiators
- Drivers: 1″ titanium tweeter, 2 x 6½” aluminum woofer
- Weight: 30 kg (66 lbs)
- Crossover point: 1600 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Frequency response: 28 – 25.000 Hz -6dB
- Power recommendation: 50 – 150 W
- Dimensions (mm): see photo
- Optional colour grilles sold separately