Arcam - FMJ P349 - Power Amplifier
Arcam's P349 power amplifier represents the pinnacle of Arcam’s audio engineering. We set out to incorporate everything we have learnt in almost 40 years to deliver a power amplifier that will set new standards and provide class leading sound quality for the best possible reproduction of your music.
Drawing on the many years of amplifier design experience at Arcam, the P349 uses the best quality components and engineering practice to produce a product that will give many years of musical pleasure and reliable service.
With a class G amplifier, toroidal based power supply, acoustically damped chassis, paralleled transistor output stages and exceptionally low levels of distortion and noise the P349 is capable of reproducing music with all its original authority and detail. Rest assured you will be hearing the music just as the artist intended.
The P349 has been designed to leapfrog the competition with a massive 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms. It delivers 50 watts in pure class A mode while allowing for huge extra power reserves from our latest generation class G topology that is both clever and efficient. During normal operation, distortion is measured in less than one part per million so that this massive power is deliver with total control and finesse.
There have been great strides made in improving audio sources and loudspeakers in recent years and the time is right to match them in the field of amplifier design. This ground breaking amplifier is a must audition amplifier for music lovers who understand that power is nothing without control.
The P349 has been designed with system building flexibility in mind and can be used with P49s to create the ultimate multi-channel amplification set up.
- Continuous power output (20Hz—20kHz at 0.2% THD), per channel
- Three channels, 8Ω, 20Hz—20kHz - 180W
- Two channels, 8Ω, 20Hz—20kHz - 200W
- Single channel, 8Ω, at 1 kHz - 220W
- Single channel, 4Ω, at 1 kHz - 400W
- Harmonic distortion, 80% power, 8Ω at 1 kHz - 0.001%
- PWR IN input: RCA type/XLR type
- Nominal sensitivity for 200W / 8Ω 1.15V (RCA type) 2.3V (XLR type)
- Input impedance 10kΩ (RCA type) 10kΩ (XLR type)
- Frequency response 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.05dB (RCA type)
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) ref 50W / 8Ω 110 dB (RCA type)
- Mains voltage 110–120V~ or 220–240V~
- Power consumption (maximum) 1 kW
- Dimensions W x D x H (including feet) 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net) 18.0kg
- Weight (packed) 19.7kg
- Supplied accessories Mains lead
- NOTE: All specification values are typical unless otherwise stated.