Audiolab - M-DAC Mini - DAC
You Save: $124.99
The M-DAC Mini’s design deliberately blurs the lines between home hi-fi DACs and pocket-size portable units. It is ideally sized to sit discretely on a desk or table, with accessible, easy-to-use controls and a traditional analogue volume knob.
There is also sufficient internal space to enable in the inclusion of discreet audiophile-grade components in key circuits, eschewing the space-saving compromise often inherent in portable DAC designs. Yet its diminutive form factor makes the M-DAC Mini easy to carry and place wherever it is needed, untethered to the mains supply thanks to its rechargeable battery.
The Finest DAC Circuitry
Like the M-DAC+, the M-DAC Mini is equipped to process PCM audio data up to 32-bit/384kHz via USB, ensuring it is primed to take full advantage of hi-res digital sound both now and in the future. The USB input also supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 – a significant inclusion, as DSD has an important role to play in the developing hi-res audio scene.
Sonic performance is paramount throughout the M-DAC Mini’s circuit design. For example, while most portable DACs control volume in the digital domain, which results in lost ‘bits’ and therefore reduced signal quality, the M-DAC Mini uses a high-quality analogue potentiometer like those more commonly found in full-size hi-fi separates.
Small yet mighty
The M-DAC Mini, Like the M-DAC and M-DAC+ combines advanced digital-to-analogue conversion with a high-performance Class A JFET output stage and dedicated headphone amp section, to deliver superb sound whether hooked up to an amp and speakers, or feeding active speakers, or driving a pair of headphones.
The inclusion of battery power for the first time in an M-DAC component is not simply about portability. It also benefits performance, supplying clean and stable DC power – free from the distortion introduced by common switch-mode power supplies, yet without the need for a bulky, costly audiophile-grade mains PSU. A mains charger is included in the package; when connected to the mains, iOS and Android devices can be charged directly from the M-DAC Mini.
- DAC - ESS Sabre32 9018 K2M
- Sampling Rate - 32-bit/32kHz -192kHz (Coax, Optical), 32-bit/32kHz - 384kHz (USB), 2.8MHz-11.2MHz USB DSD (DSD64, DSD128, DSD256)
- Digital Inputs - 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink Optical, 1 x USB MicroB for PC/Android, 1 x USB Type-A for Apple iOS Devices, 1 x Bluetooth (V3.0 with aptX)
- Frequency Response - 20Hz-20kHz (+/-0.2dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio - 115dB A Weighted
- Output Voltage - 5Vrms ±0.1V
- Digital Output Connections - 1 x RCA Phono and 1 x Optical TOSlink
- Analogue Output Connections - 1 pair RCA Phono, 1 x 6.35mm Headphone socket
- Battery - Li-ion Type DC 3.7V 5000mAh
- Playback time - Up to 7 hours
- Dimensions (H x W x D) - 34 x 136 x 178mm
- Weight - 0.55kg
- Colour Choice - Black