Canton - Chrono 517 - Floor Standing Speakers
You Save: $400.00
Last pair available now in black, pre-loved ex-demo model in great condition. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions
The high-gloss varnished baffle combined with a vinyl cabinet surface and Canton’s typical diamond-cut aluminum rings are defining features of the current Chrono series. Proven technology within: aluminum-manganese tweeters, 18 dB crossover and midrange systems with aluminum cone membranes and our latest version of our wave surrounds.
Aluminium-manganese tweeter system
The tried and tested aluminiummanganese tweeter system transmits music signals up to 40,000 Hz. A transmission front plate made of aluminium acts as a wave guide and supports the dispersion characteristics of the system.
Exclusive diamond-cut aluminium rings
The aluminium chassis is as elegant as it is impressive and comes equipped with exclusive, diamondcut aluminium rings. These increase the mechanical stability of the loudspeaker system, which is a particular advantage at high volumes. All this goes to underline the high quality of the Chrono Series.
At first glance the new Chrono Series appears unchanged, keeping true to its original design. A closer look, however, reveals the new styling – with diamond-cut aluminium rings, improved HDF cabinet construction with downfire bass reflex vent, conical spacer and solid socket construction.
The bi-wiring/bi-amping connection terminal means that the tweeter and mid-range ranges can be controlled separately from the woofers. Stable 24-carat, gold plated screw terminals ensure optimum signal transmission.
The robust and acoustically neutral fabric covers hide the technology from view and fit neatly over the baffle. The rear-fix cover fastening on the back of the loudspeaker is a practical highlight.
The attractive combination of high gloss baffle and cabinets with structured décor is available in black or white. The exclusive diamond-cut aluminium rings give the Chrono Series its striking new look.
- Engineering Principle - 3-way bass reflex
- Nom. /Music power handling - 110 / 170 watts
- SPL (1 watt/1m) - 87.5 db
- Frequency response - 25...40.000 Hz
- Crossover frequency - 300 / 3.000 Hz
- Woofer - 1 x 160 mm (6''), Aluminum (Wave surround)
- Midrange - 1 x 160 mm (6''), Aluminum (Wave surround)
- Tweeter - 1 x 25 mm (1''), aluminum-manganese
- Special Features - Rear-Fix
- Warranty - 5 years
- Nominal Impedance - 4...8 ohms
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - W: 19 cm (7.5") | 23 cm (9.1") with base x H: 95 cm (37.4") with base and equipment feet x D: 28 cm (11") | 30 cm (11.8") with base
- Weight - 17 kg
- Carton Content - Chrono 517, Equipment feet Spikes, Equipment feet, Fabric grill and Manual