Clearaudio - Absolute Phono Inside - Preamplifier
The absolute phono inside uses the absolute phono's innovative circuit design including the current amplification first gain stage. However in the Inside, this is incorporated within the phonostage's main body. Through careful fine tuning, Clearaudio have been able to deliver many of the improvements bought about by the absolute phono in a more conventional phonostage configuration. Both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs are provided for connection to any tonearm on the market. These feed the fully balanced current amplification first gain stage, avoiding any need to set cartridge loading and thereby ensuring a perfect synergistic match with any moving coil cartridge. This amplified signal then passes to the specially designed main RIAA phonostage, along a signal path free of the usual relays and coupling capacitors, which again enables a more clean, pure and accurate sound. The signal is then equalised and fed to the balanced XLR outputs. The result? The signal to noise ratio is significantly enhanced, almost matching the headshell-mounted absolute phono's ten decibel improvement.
The absolute phono inside is built without compromise, incorporating an anti-resonance sandwich construction machined from solid blocks of aluminium and panzerholz wood. The sophisticated power supply, located in a second, similar, matching, chassis, keeps mains interference to a minimum. Hand-selected state-of-the-art non-magnetic silver Clearaudio Glimmer capacitors positioned at key areas of the circuit further ensure excellent clarity and purity of sound. Like the absolute phono, a single multi-function switch for 'On', 'Off' and 'Mute' modes ensures a sleek finish.
- POWER SUPPLY: Switching power supply. Input: 50 – 60 Hz / 100 - 265 V AC
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 90 dB (A-weighted)
- CHANNEL SEPARATION: 100 dB
- THD: < 0,001 %
- GAIN (@ 1KHZ): 60 dB
- RIAA: RIAA standard, deviation less than 0.1 dB
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 64 Ohm (balanced XLR), 32 Ohm (unbalanced RCA)
- INPUT: 2 (balanced XLR / unbalanced RCA)
- POWER CONSUMPTION: Consumption in operation: 6.5 Watt. Off mode: 0.0 Watt
- TOTAL WEIGHT: approx. 3.25 kg (Preamplifier) approx. 3.20 kg (Power supply)
- DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in inches): Phonostage: approx. 9.45 x 6.30x 2.56, Power Supply: approx. 9.45 x 6.30x 2.56
- DIMENSIONS (W/D/H in mm): Phonostage: approx. 240 x 160 x 65, Power Supply: approx. 240 x 160 x 65