Clearaudio - Balance V2 - Phono Preamplifier
As listening maturity increases, so do the demands of analog music lovers. It is precisely this eloquent target group that is dedicated to the innovative pre-amp balance V2. The successor to the balance + offers some interesting settings and control options for individual sound optimization, but remains puristic in design and intuitively manageable in terms of usability.
The new balance V2 is not only visually reminiscent of the excellence of the pre-amp absolute phono, but also the quality, features and processing of each individual component are proof of the highest audio competence. This begins with the precision-milled housings made of solid aluminum, which is also available in black anodized on request. The phono preamp features outputs for headphones with 6.3-millimeter jack as well as XLR and RCA, which can be occupied in parallel.
The RCA inputs and outputs are characterized by their high quality gold plating and thus extremely precise, trouble-free signal transmission. There is a switch on the bottom of the phono preamp body to select between XLR and RCA inputs. At the same place are the switch between MM and MC operation.
This allows audiophile users to adapt the preamp to their personal set-up - no matter whether Moving Magnet or moving coil technology is used for sound pickup. Other adjustment options include the volume control, which is manually on the front of the balance V2 possible and can also be switched to mute or automatic push of a button.
In this mode, the output level is at maximum power. Like the basic V2, the balance V2 has the pickup adjustment to play a variety of available on the market MM / MC pickup without further settings. The high-precision RIAA equalization achieves a record of less than 0.1 decibel accuracy. The switchable Subsonic filter suppresses particularly low frequencies in order to additionally optimize the detail accuracy of the reproduction. Potentially disturbing mains frequencies are prevented by the external power supply in a separate aluminum housing as well as by grounding by means of ground connection.
- FASHION - MM / MC (Subsonic filter switchable)
- GAIN @ 1 KHZ - +46 dB (MM mode) , +66 dB (MC mode)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 47 kOhm / 270 pF (MM mode) , 500 ohms / 270 pF (MC mode)
- MM / MC INPUT - switchable (on underside)
- RIAA - 75 μs / 318 μs / 3180 μs, 2 passive filters
- RIAA ACCURACY - ± 0.1 dB
- THD - <0.001% (IEC A)
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO - -78 dB (MM mode) , -79 dB (MC mode)
- CROSSTALK - > 92 dB (@ 1 kHz)
- MAX. OUTPUT VOLTAGE - > 12V (@ 1kHz)
- SUBSONIC FILTER - 20 Hz (-6 dB / oct; switchable to bottom, for each channel)
- POWER CONSUMPTION - Max. Power consumption during operation: 6.6 Watt
- Standby mode: <0.3 watt="" li="">
- Switched off: 0 Watt
- POWER SUPPLY - ± 18 V DC (+21 V DC external power supply, 1.4 m cable length)
- OUTPUTS - asymmetric (MPC RCA) , balanced (XLR) , headphone jack (1/4 "jack)
- MASS - approx. 2.3 kg (precursor) , approx. 1.4 kg (power supply)
- DIMENSIONS (B / T / H in inches) - Pre-Stage: 9.44 x 5.71 (6.22 with MPC Cinch) x 2.44 , Power Adapter: 9.44 x 5.71 x 2.44
- DIMENSIONS (W / D / H in mm) - Preamp: 240 x 145 (158 with MPC cinch) x 62 Power adapter: 240 x 145 x 62