Clearaudio - Basic V2 - Phono Preamplifier
Already the design, with all its minimalism, points to the significant progress that lies in this phono precursor. Visually inspired by the legendary absolute phono paart also the basic V2 audiophile innovation with the grown analog competence of clearaudio.
Their case is milled from high quality all-aluminum and is available in the original color of the material or black anodized. The only visible control element on the top is a subtle power switch, which - once activated - opens up the whole variety of complex sound spectra.
This can be optimally exploited according to the technical equipment of the user: At the bottom can be selected manually by means of a switch between moving coil (MC) and moving magnet operation (MM).
Due to the pickup adjustment in active MC mode, the basic V2 is compatible with the most demanding MC systems on the market without further adjustments. Their equipment guarantees a significant improvement in performance. On the one hand, there are the gold-plated RCA inputs and outputs, the processing of which sets standards in quality and performance for trouble-free signal transmission. On the other hand, the basic V2 has an optionally switchable subsonic filter that suppresses extremely low, potentially disturbing frequencies in MM / MC mode. The RIAA equalization accuracy is well below 0.1 decibels.
Because of such features, this reveals an analogous sound image of revolutionary authenticity in the audiophile allrounder segment. In such detail, conserved music has never been accessible to consumers' broad audiences.
- FASHION - MM / MC (Subsonic filter switchable)
- GAIN @ 1 KHZ - +46 dB (MM mode) , +66 dB (MC mode)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 47 kOhm / 270 pF (MM mode) , 500 ohms / 270 pF (MC mode)
- MM / MC INPUT - switchable (on underside)
- RIAA - 75 μs / 318 μs / 3180 μs, 2 passive filters
- RIAA ACCURACY - ± 0.1 dB
- THD - <0.002% (IEC A)
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO - -72 dB (MM mode) , -67 dB (MC mode)
- CROSSTALK - > 90 dB (@ 1 kHz)
- MAX. OUTPUT VOLTAGE - > 10 V (@ 1 kHz)
- SUBSONIC FILTER - 20 Hz (-18 dB / Oct .; switchable to underside, for each channel)
- POWER CONSUMPTION - Max. Power consumption during operation: 3 Watt, standby mode: <0.3 watt="" li="">
- POWER SUPPLY - ± 18 V DC (external power supply, 1.4 m cable length)
- OUTPUTS - asymmetrical (cinch)
- MASS - approx. 1.2 kg (pre-stage + power supply)
- DIMENSIONS (B / T / H in inches) - Pre-Stage: 4.64 x 5.71 (6.22 with MPC Cinch) x 1.65 , Power Supply: 3.94 x 2.17 x 3.46
- DIMENSIONS (W / D / H in mm) - Pre-Stage: 118 x 145 (158 with MPC Cinch) x 42 Power Supply: 100 x 55 x 80