Clearaudio - Ovation - Turntable
This product is the turntable deck only
Within a precision-machined chassis comprising a sandwich of aluminium and panzerholz bulletproof wood, 100,000 tiny metal balls eliminate any possibility of harmful resonances. Hidden under a 40mm-thick platter made of resonancedamping POM is a very quiet decoupled DC motor with high torque.
With Clearaudio's optical speed control (OSC) and ceramic magnetic bearing (CMB), the Ovation achieves supreme speed stability and redefines the standards in its class. Audio journal 'The Absolute Sound' recognised the Ovation's superior qualities and declared it 'Turntable of the Year'.
- Construction Details - Resonance–optimised chassis, recommended tonearm with magnetic bearing technology
- Speed Ranges - Comfortable speed change, 33 ⅓, 45 and 78 rpm
- Drive Unit - Decoupled DC motor in chassis, resonance damping device. Belt driven.
- Bearing - Polished ceramic shaft in a sintered bronze bushing, magnetic bearing (CMB)
- Platter - Made out of synthetic material, 40 mm thickness Aluminium subplatter. Ovation with silver base and wood trim comes with an acrylic platter
- Speed Accuracy (measured) - ± 0.03 %
- Power Consumption - Max. consumption: 8.6 Watt Consumption in operation: 2.5 Watt, Standby mode: 2.5 Watt, Off mode: 0.0 Watt
- Total Weight - Approx. 13.5 kg
- Dimensions (mm) - Approx. 420 x 350 x 135 (without tonearm)
- Suggested tonearms: Satisfy Kardarn, Unify, Tracer, Magnify
- Suggested Cartridges: Maestro V2, Charisma V2, Talismann V2 MC, Concerto V2 MC