cocktailAudio - X35 - All-In-One Music Player
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is cocktailAudio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
The most advanced All-In-One Music Player, CD Ripper, Music Server, Network Streamer, Digital Recorder, and more
The X35 is the most innovative all-in-one HiFi system, which is featured by CD Ripper, Music Server, Network Streamer, Music Recorder, total 200 watts powerful amplifier built-in, and more. Just connect speakers to experience true high fidelity sound and great features.
By adding speakers, you will get a great hifi systems with versatile functions immediately. The X35 will deliver audiophile level sound quality to you.
Features of Hardware and Engineering
- Equipped with high-performance Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0Ghz
- ESS ES9018K2M Sabre³² Reference DAC built-in
- Combined with two(2) separate high-performance Class D Amplifiers for left and right with total 200 watts
- Isolated power source circuit design for digital and analogue parts
- Toroidal transformer to minimize idle noise
- High speed optical disk drive for quick CD ripping
- 7 inch TFT LCD(1024 x 600 pixels) screen for intuitive GUI
- DAB+/FM Tuner built-in
- Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbps) built-in
- Support up to 8TB(Tera Bytes) storage like 3.5"/2.5" hard disk or SSD
- Rugged chassis contruction with 13mm thickness aluminum front and knobs with CNC cutting
- HDMI Out connector for using an external screen like TV as its GUI screen
Features of functions and usage
- Support various file formats like DSD(64/128/256), DXD(24Bit/352.8Khz), PCM singal up to 32Bit/384Khz including 24Bit/192Khz WAV/FLAC and full range hi-res audio file formats
- Breathtaking sound quality delivered by ES9018K2M Sabre³² Reference DAC
- CD Ripping with professional CD metadata and album cover art provided by Gracenote
- Phono Input(Moving Magnet) for Turntable. Play LP directly and record it
- Recording function with hi-res sampling rate 192Khz
- High Connectivity
- Versatile network functions
- Major Music Streaming Services(TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz) and Internet Radio available
- Customised Remote Control App, NOVATRON MusicX for iOS and Android
- Provides customized WebInterface(WebUI) for remote control and MusicDB management by PC
- Support 'Roon Ready', which is the famous Music Player for Music Lovers
Many Useful functions
Created by custom-designed smart software developed by in-house R&D centre
- To merge multialbum or rip it into one folder(Album): You can rip Multi-album into one folder (album)
- Reservation Recording: Schedule when you want the X35 to record iRadio with reservation recording
- Auto Cutting function: Using this function, you can cut recorded LP(long one file) into individual track(file) automatically
- Edit recorded files: Edit recorded files cutting by unit of track or adding album tag info
- ROON Ready: If you like 'ROON' remote app from Roonlabs, you can use it with the X35
- Audio file format conversion: Convert existing audio files into other formats, (e.g. mp3, FLAC, WAV, MP4) for use on other devices -MP3 player, car stereo, etc
- Audio CD Burning: You can burn Audio CD with the X35
- Gapless Playback
- Record in 192KHz sample rate: Record from Analog IN, AUX IN, FM Radio and iRadio to high quality digital file like 192KHz sample rate
- Photo Slideshow: Photo slideshow while listening to your tracks
- Scroll Speed: Control text scroll speed on the screen
- HDD Format: Easy solution to format hard disk with Linux file system or NTFS
- Import & Export your music: Import/Export music to/from the X35 Music DB via USB or over a network
- Edit music tag info
- Make Playlist
- Music DB backup & Restore
- Make 'My Playlist’: This is virtual playlist
- Auto Shutdown: Schedule when you want the X35 powered off
- HDD Sleep: Go into sleep mode as set
- USB Keyboard: Use an USB keyboard to edit song tag info easily
- Section Repeat: Set specific section to play repeatedly
- Resume Play: After booting up, resume playing automatically where it was last stopped.
Breathtaking Sound Quality delivered by qualified components and circuit design technology
Equipped with qualified components like ESS SABRE³² Reference DAC ES9018K2M, two(2) high performance digital amplifiers, TCXO oscillator and high quality Toroidal Transformer including isolated power source circuit design technology and in-house R&D know-how for circuit designing, the X35 will deliver wonderful sound experience to you
High Performance System Resources and custom-designed software
Based on Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0GHz and custom-designed software, the X35 got everything ready for delivering powerful operation performance, plenty of features and functions powered by advanced software developed in-house.
High performance two(2) Digital Amplifiers for Left and Right with dynamic total 200 watts and low harmonic distortion
The X35 has two(2) digital amplifiers built-in seperately for left and right to create powerful sound with extremely low harmonic distortion
Support various Hi-Res audio formats
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD(24Bit/352.8KHz), up to 32Bit/384KHz PCM signal including HD FLAC(24Bit/192KHz), HD WAV(24Bit/192KHz), APE/CUE, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AIF, AAC, M4A, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, M3U, PLS, etc
CD Ripping with Gracenote CD metadata and album cover art
Load all your CDs onto the Music Database of X35 in FLAC, ALAC, WAV or MP3 file format with CD metadata and album cover art from Gracenote
Music Database function
The X35 has a well-organized Music Database built-in, which offers very nice and convenient functions like SEARCH, Display by text or cover art, SORT, etc
Phono Input for your turntable
Just connect turntable to the X35 directly. You can enjoy your precious LP music with great sound, and record it to the X35 in digital file. Of course, the X30 offers very smart and convenient auto cutting function to edit the recorded music with easy
Recording with 192Khz hi-res sampling rate
The X35 offers a recording function for internet radio, DAB+/FM Radio, Analog In, Phono In, AUX In and Digital In. You can make your own digital music collection with high quality sound
Auto/Manual Cutting for the recorded files
Very smart auto/manual cutting function to edit the recorded files is available at the X35. You can easily edit the recorded files and make a nice music collection
Versatile Networking and Remote Control with a Customised App
Connect the X35 to your network for streaming music to and from other devices, listen to cloud based music services and control remotely using mobile devices with our customised remote control app, NOVATRON MusicX or WebInterface
Control remotely by mobile devices with Customised Remote Control App, MusicX
Control remotely by PC with WebInterface
You can control the X35 by your PC thanks to its WebInterface function
Support various network protocols like UPnP Server/Client/Renderer, Samba Server/Client
You can stream songs to and from other compatible devices in the same network
AirPlay and Spotify Connect
You can play songs from iOS devices and musics from Spotify on the X35 wirelessly
Major Music Streaming Services integrated
You can access tens of thousands of internet radio stations and online music services like TIDAL, Deezer and Qobuz
7 inch TFT LCD Screen for Intuitive GUI and HDMI Out for external screen
7 inch big screen will let you control the X35 easily with intuitive GUI, and connect it to your TV or external screen to view bigger GUI or a slideshow of photos while listening to your music collection
DAB+/FM Radio Tuner built-in
Enjoy high quality digital radio via DAB+ Tuner, and record any song or broadcast with high quality sound
The X35 offers 2xUSB3.0 host, 1xUSB2.0 host, GigaFast Ethernet LAN and HDMI Out for external screen
Multiple inputs and outputs for various external devices
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output
- Digital Out(Coaxial, Toslink, AES/EBU, HDMI)
- Digital In
- Analog Out/Input
- Phono Input
- And more. . . . .
Rugged and durable casing
The X35 front panel is based on 13mm thickness aluminium with CNC cutting and total metal chassis. The die-cast aluminum feet provide rigidity along with additional resistance from external vibration.
Storage for Music Server
3.5"/2.5" SATA hard disk and Solid State Drive(SSD) is accepted to the X35, which supports up to 8TB capacity. You can install a storage easily thanks to a customized storage drive bay(drawer)
- Host CPU & Memory: CPU: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 running at 1.0GHz; Main Memory: DDR-1066 1GByte; EMMC 8GByte
- CD Player: Type - Front loading; Supported media - CD, CD-DA, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW
- Display: 7.0" TFT LCD(1,024 x 600pixels)(* able to connect to ext. screen via HDMI out)
- Interface: Key & Jog(Volume/Scroll), IR Remote Control, Customized Remote App for iOS and Android devices, Web Interface
- Amplifier (Speaker Out): Rated output : 100W + 100W @ 1Khz, 8ohm, 0.1% THD(Total 200 watts) (Dual Digital Amplifiers built-in separately for left and right)
- Analog Out (Sabre³² ES9018K2M DAC): PRE-OUT (L&R RCA) - L&R RCA, Dynamic Range: 127dB (Max 2Vrms, Stereo) THD+N: 0.0004%; Headphone Out - 6.35mm Jack, 100mW+100mW@1Khz, 600ohm, 0.1% THD
- Digital out (Variable/Fixed): COAXIAL x 1 - S/PDIF 75ohm RCA, Sample rate up to 24bit/192KHz; TOSLINK x 1 - S/PDIF, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; AES/EBU/XRL x 1 - 110ohm, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; USB Audio x 1 - USB Audio Class 2.0 Output; HDMI Out x 1 - HDMI Audio Out(*Shared with HDMI Out for external screen)
- Analog Input (Sensitivity): LINE In x 1 - L&R RCA at the rear, default 2Vrms(controllable 1~4Vrms); Aux In x 1 - 3.5mm Phone Jack on the front, default 1Vrms(controllable 0.5~2Vrms); Phono In x 1 - MM Input, default 7.5mVrms(controllable 3.75~15mVrms)
- Digital Input: COAXIAL x 1 - Sample Rate up to 24bit/192Khz; TOSLINK x 1 - Sample Rate up to 24bit/192Khz; AES/EBU/XLR x 1 - Sample Rate up to 24bit/192Khz
- Supported Storage: Hard Disk - 2.5" SATA, up to 2TB, 3.5" SATA, up to 8TB; SSD - 2.5" SATA, up to 2TB (* Bigger capacity of storage will be supported by firmware update when available in the market)
- TUNER: DAB+/FM Radio - Selectable for DAB/DAB+ or FM Radio
- Connectivity: USB Host - USB3.0(5V/1A) x 3 at rear (One is shared for USB Audio Out), USB2.0(5V/1A) x 1 at front; Network - Wired Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbs), Wireless(Option) ※ 802.11b/g/n WiFi USB dongle(Option); HDMI Out - Connect to external screen(* Shared with HDMI Audio Out)
- Codec & Format supported: DSD(DSD64, DSD128, DSD256), DXD(24Bit/352.8KHz), HD WAV(24Bit/192KHz), HD FLAC(24Bit/192KHz), APE/CUE, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AIF, AAC, M4A, MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, M3U, PLS, etc
- Network Protocols Supported: UPnP(DLNA) Server/Client/Media Renderer, Samba Server/Client, FTP Server, Web Server, etc
- Internet Services: Internet Radio - Airable; Online Music Services - TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify Connect
- Supported OSD Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Korean,(To be added by request)
- Isolated Power Management: Toroidal Transformer - For audio signal management; 500W internal SMPS - For digital CPU management
- Power Source: 220V area - AC 220V - 240V, 50/60Hz; 110V area - AC 110V - 120V, 50/60Hz
- Mechanical: Material - Front 13mm thickness aluminum by CNC cutting, Knob Aluminum by CNC cutting, Body metal; Dimension - 441mm(W) x 330mm(D) x 111mm(H) with foot
- Certificate: CE, FCC, EMI, etc
※ Specification to be changed without notification