The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
CocktailAudio - X45 Pro - Reference Music Server & DAC
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is cocktailAudio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Feel great and dynamic sound created by a combination of SABRE PRO Flagship ES9038PRO DAC and OPA627BP Precision High-Speed OP Amp
The X45Pro is the world's highest performance multi-purpose Music Player with the functions of DAC, CD Ripper, Network Streamer, Music Recorder and much more for the audiophiles, equipped with SABRE PRO Flagship ES9038PRO DAC chip supporting up to PCM 768Khz sample rate and native DSD512 and delivering an unprecedented Dynamic Range, and OPA627BP Precision High-Speed Operational Amplifier. To minimise electrical and idle noises, power source circuit for digital and analogue parts is designed isolatedly, and Toroidal Transformer and SMPS are completely shielded with aluminum. The X45Pro whole enclosure is precisely crafted with beautiful glass-sanding aluminum, which is fabricated by precision CNC machine. The overwhelming and various functions offered by our custom-designed software developed by in-house R&D team complete the X45Pro as a wonderful device for the audiophiles.
Features of Hardware and Engineering
- Equipped with high-performance Quad Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0Ghz
- SABRE PRO Flagship ES9038PRO DAC chips supporting up to PCM 768Khz sample rate and native DSD512
- OPA627BP Precision High-Speed Operational Amplifier
- 16 Core Microcontroller with Advanced RISC Architecture for high performance USB DAC function
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output built-in to connect an external USB DAC
- Isolated power source circuit design for digital and analogue parts
- Toroidal transformer and SMPS are completely shielded with aluminium to minimise idle noise and electrical noise
- High speed optical disk drive for quick CD ripping
- Phono Input(Moving Magnet) for turntable
- 7 inch TFT LCD(1024 x 600 pixels) screen for intuitive GUI
- DAB+/FM Tuner built-in
- Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbps) built-in
- Support up to 8TB(Tera Bytes) storage like 3.5"/2.5" hard disk or SSD
- Whole enclosure is crafted with beautifully anodised and precisely CNC-machined aluminium
- Equipped with top-quality connectors
- HDMI Out connector for an external screen like TV as its GUI screen or audio signal out
Versatile Software functionalities and usage
- Support various file formats like MQA, DSD(64/128/256/512), DXD(24Bit/352.8Khz), PCM singal up to 32Bit/768Khz including 24Bit/192Khz WAV/FLAC and full range hi-res audio file formats
- Reference-level sound quality delivered by a combination of ES9038PRO Flagship DAC chip and OPA627BP OP Amp
- CD Ripping with professional CD metadata and album cover art provided by Gracenote
- Connect turntable and play LP directly to record it via Phono Input(Moving Magnet)
- Load your vinyl and cassette tape collections, DAB+/FM radio, Internet radio to X45Pro MusicDB via recording function with hi-res sampling rate 192Khz
- Play hi-res files(like MQA, DSD, etc) in your PC directly through X45Pro via its far advanced USB DAC function
- High Connectivity
- Versatile network functions
- Major Music Streaming Services(TIDAL, TIDAL MQA, Deezer, Qobuz, Napster) and Internet Radio(Airable) available
- Customised Remote Control App, NOVATRON MusicX for iOS and Android
- Provides customised WebInterface(WebUI) for remote control and MusicDB management by PC
- Support 'Roon Ready', which is the famous Music Player for Music Lovers
Many Useful functions
Created by custom-designed smart software developed by in-house R&D centre
- Listing by Text or Cover Art: To display album or song list by Text or Cover Art by pressing TEXT/ART key of RC
- Alarm: X45Pro offers Alarm function
- Sleep function: Pressing SLEEP key of RC will make X45Pro powered off automatically after set time
- Clock & Display OFF: Pressing CLOCK key of RC will make X45Pro screen show current clock or off
- Jump to Song Mode: On Now Playing screen, pressing CAP/NUM key of RC will lead you to 'Jump to Song Mode' or 'Seek to Percent Mode' On 'Jump to Song Mode', pressing numeric key is to jump to the song equal to the pressed number
- Seek to Percent Mode: On 'Seek to Percent Mode' pressing numeric key is to seek the location of the playing file equal to the pressed number
- Auto CD Ripping function: When you want to rip many CDs, Auto CD ripping function will be helpful. If you insert CD to the X45Pro, remaining tasks will be done by X45Pro until the CD is ejected after CD ripping is completed
- Display Mode: You can display Music DB list by unit of Album, Genre, Track, Artist, Composer, Year, Mood, etc
- To merge multi-album or rip it into one folder(Album): You can rip Multi-album into one folder (album)
- Reservation Recording: Schedule when you want the X45Pro to record iRadio with reservation recording
- Auto Cutting function: Using this function, you can edit a file recorded by X45Pro easily
- Edit recorded files: Edit recorded files cutting by unit of track or adding album tag info
- ROON Ready: If you like 'ROON' remote app from Roonlabs, you can use it with the X45Pro
- Audio file format conversion: Convert existing audio files into other formats, (e.g. mp3, FLAC, WAV, MP4) for use on other devices -MP3 player, car stereo, etc
- Audio CD Burning: You can burn Audio CD with the X45Pro
- Gapless Playback
- Scroll Speed: Control text scroll speed on the screen
- HDD Format: Easy solution to format hard disk with Linux file system or NTFS
- Import & Export your music: Import/Export music to/from the X45Pro Music DB via USB or over a network
- Edit music tag info
- Make Playlist
- Music DB backup & Restore
- Make 'My Playlist’: This is virtual playlist. If you stop playing it, My Playlist will disappear
- Auto Shutdown: Schedule when you want the X45Pro powered off
- HDD Sleep: Go into sleep mode as set
- USB Keyboard: Use an USB keyboard to edit song tag info easily
- Section Repeat: Set specific section to play repeatedly
- Resume Play: After booting up, resume playing automatically where it was last stopped
High Performance System & Custom designed Software
Equipped with Quad Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0GHz, 64Bit/1000MIPS Microcontroller and custom-designed software, the X45Pro is a perfect high performance audio system platform to delivery great sound and versatile functions
Feel wondeful and Dynamic sound
You can feel great sound of reference-level delivered by a perfect combination of Sabre PRO flagship ES9038PRO DAC chip and OPA627BP OP Amp. By supporting up to PCM 768Khz sample rate and DSD 512, the X45Pro brings greater resolution and a more dynamic sound to satisfy audiophiles' desire for perfect sound.
Isolated power circuit design for digital and analogue parts with aluminum shielded Toroidal Transformer and custom-designed SMPS
To minimise electrical and idle noises, power source circuit for digital and analogue parts is designed isolatedly, and Toroidal Transformer and SMPS are perfectly shielded with aluminium.
The reference-level high performance Player & DAC created by accumulated in-house R&D know-how and qualified components adoption
Based on ESS Sabre PRO flagship ES9038PRO DAC chip and OPA627BP Precision High-Speed Operational Amplifier with 64Bit XMOS chip, TCXO oscillator, isolated power source circuit design technology, completely shielded high-quality Toroidal Transformer and in-house R&D know-how for circuit designing, the X45Pro well deserves a device for highend audiophiles
XMOS 64Bit/1000MIPS 16 Core Powerful Microcontroller for high-performancen USB DAC function for PC users
X45Pro USB DAC function can support up to PCM 768Khz/32Bit, DSD Native 512 and MQA
Beautiful Aluminum Enclosure fabricated by precision CNC machine
The X45Pro whole enclosure is precisely crafted with beautiful glasssanding aluminum, which is fabricated by precision CNC machine.
High quality Analog Out terminal
High quality with well-shielded analogue out terminal guarantees lossless signal transmission
Balanced & Unbalanced Analogue Out
Balanced XLR: Dynamic Range : 137dB(Max 6.5Vrms, stereo) THD +N: 0.0003%. Unbalanced RCA: Dynamic Range: 137dB(Max 2Vrms, stereo) THD +N: 0.0003%
USB Audio Class 2.0 Output
An external USB DAC can be connected for PC users
DAB+ Tuner and FM Radio Tuner
For high quality digital radio, X45Pro offers DAB+ tuner also
Phono In(Moving Magnet) for a turntable
Default sensitivity is 7.5mVrms and controllable 3.75~15mVrms
6.35mm Headphone Out at the front
X45Pro offers Headphone Out with sensitivity of 100mW+100mW@1Khz, 600ohm, 0.006% THD
Two(2) High speed USB 3.0 USB host port
For quick data transfer purpose, X45Pro offers two(2) high speed USB3.0 Host Ports at rear side
CD Ripping with Gracenote CD metadata and Album cover art
Load all your CD collection onto the X45Pro Music Database in FLAC, ALAC, WAV or MP3 file format with professional CD metadata and album cover art from Gracenote
High Quality Ripping Software developed by In-House R&D team
X45Pro offers very high quality of CD Ripping result as it checks data density of each track and manages CD Ripping Speed, and error by itself
Music Database function
The X45Pro has a well-organised Music Database built-in, which offers very nice and convenient functions like SEARCH, display by text or cover art, SORT, various View, etc
Phono Input(MM) for your turntable
Just connect turntable to the X45Pro Phono-In directly to play your precious LP music and record it to the X45Pro in hi-res digital file. The X45Pro offers very smart and convenient auto cutting function to edit the recorded file with easy
Recording with 192Khz hi-res sampling rate
The X45Pro offers a recording function for internet radio, DAB+/ FM radio and Digital Inputs. You can make your own digital music collection with wonderful sound
Auto/Manual Cutting for the recorded files
Auto/Manual cutting function to edit the recorded files is available at the X45Pro. You can easily edit files and import them into X45Pro Music Database
Versatile Networking and Remote Control with a Customised App
Connect the X45Pro to your network for streaming music to and from other devices, listen to cloud based music services and control remotely using mobile devices with our customised remote control app, NOVATRON MusicX or WebInterface
Control remotely by mobile devices with customised Remote Control App, NOVATRON MusicX app
Major Music Streaming Services integrated
You can access tens of thousands of internet radio stations and online music services like TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and Qobuz including Spotify Connect function
Control remotely by PC with WebInterface
Control the X45Pro remotely by your PC with its nice WebInterface function
Support various network protocols like UPnP Server/Client/Renderer, Samba Server/Client
Stream songs to and from other compatible devices in the same network
AirPlay and Spotify Connect
You can play songs from iOS devices and musics from Spotify via X45Pro wirelessly
Control X45Pro by Roon
As X45Pro supports 'Roon Ready', you can control X45Pro with Roon, which is great music player for music loves
7 inch TFT LCD Screen for Intuitive GUI and HDMI Out for external screen
7 inch big screen will let you control the X45Pro easily with intuitive GUI, and connect it to your TV for an external screen to view bigger GUI or a slideshow of photos while listening to your music collection
DAB+/FM Radio Tuner built-in
Enjoy high quality digital radio via DAB+ Tuner, and record any song or broadcast with high quality sound
High Connectivity for various external devices
- 2 x USB3.0 host at rear and 1 x USB2.0 host at front
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output
- GigaFast Ethernet LAN
- HDMI Out for external screen or Audio out
- USB Audio Input for USB DAC function
- Digital Out(Coaxial, Toslink, AES/EBU XLR, HDMI)
- Digital In
- Analog Out/Input
- Phono Input
- And more.....
Storage for Music Server
3.5"/2.5" SATA hard disk and Solid State Drive(SSD) is accepted to the X45Pro, which supports up to 8TB capacity. You can install a storage easily thanks to a customised storage drive bay(drawer)
Rugged and Beautiful Aluminum Enclosure fabricated by precision CNC machine
The X45Pro whole enclosure is precisely crafted with beautiful glass-sanding aluminium, which is fabricated by precision CNC machine. This will help surely to deliver more beautiful sound for music lovers
- Host CPU & Memory: CPU - Quad Core ARM Cortex A9 running at 1.0GHz; Main Memory - DDR-1066 1GByte; NAND Flash 8GByte
- CD Player: Front Loading; Supported media - CD, CD-DA, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW
- Display: 7.0" TFT LCD(1,024 x 600pixels)(* able to connect to ext. screen via HDMI out)
- Interface: Key & Jog(Volume/Scroll), IR Remote Control, Customised Remote App for iOS and Android devices, Web Interface
- Analog Out (SABRE Flagship ES9038PRO DAC): Balanced(PRE-OUT) - XLR, Dynamic Range 137dB (Max 6.5Vrms, Stereo) THD +N: 0.0003%; Unbalanced(PRE-OUT) - RCA, Dynamic Range 137dB (Max 2Vrms, Stereo) THD +N: 0.0003%; Headphone Out - 6.35mm Jack, 100mW+100mW@1Khz, 600ohm, 0.006% THD
- Digital out (Variable/Fixed): COAXIAL x 1 - S/PDIF 75ohm RCA, Sample rate up to 24bit/192KHz; TOSLINK x 1 - S/PDIF, Sample rate up to 24bit/192KHz; AES/EBU/XRL x 1 - 110ohm, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; USB Audio x 1 - USB Audio Class 2.0 Output; HDMI Out x 1 - HDMI Audio Out(*Shared with HDMI Out for external screen)
- Analog Input: LINE In x 1 - L&R RCA at the rear, default 2Vrms(controllable 1~4Vrms); Aux In x 1 - 3.5mm Phone Jack on the front, default 1Vrms(controllable 0.5~2Vrms); Phono In x 1 - MM Input, default 7.5mVrms(controllable 3.75~15mVrms)
- Digital Input: COAXIAL x 1 - Sample Rate: up to 24bit/192Khz; TOSLINK x 1 - Sample Rate: up to 24bit/192Khz; AES/EBU XLR x 1 - Sample Rate: up to 24bit/192Khz
- USB Audio Input (USB DAC): USB B type connector, USB Audio Class 2.0 input (support up to PCM 768Khz/32Bit, DSD Native 512, and MQA file)
- Supported Storage: Hard Disk - 2.5" SATA, up to 2TB; SSD - 3.5" SATA, up to 8TB & 2.5" SATA, up to 2TB (* Bigger capacity of storage will be supported by firmware update when available in the market)
- Tuner: DAB+/FM - Selectable for DAB/DAB+ or FM Radio
- Connectivity: USB Host - USB3.0(5V/1A) x 2 at rear & USB2.0(5V/1A) x 1 at front; Network - Wired = Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbs), Wireless(Option) = ※ 802.11b/g/n WiFi USB dongle(Option); HDMI Out - Connect to external screen(* Shared with HDMI Audio Out)
- Codec&Format supported: MQA, PCM 768Khz/32Bit, DSD(DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, *DSD512), DXD(24Bit/352.8KHz), HD WAV(24Bit/192KHz), HD FLAC(24Bit/192KHz), APE/CUE, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AIF, AAC, M4A, MP3, WMA, CAF, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, M3U, PLS, etc (* Note : DSD512 is supported by Analog Out only)
- Network Protocols Supported: UPnP(DLNA) Server/Client/Media Renderer, Samba Server/Client, FTP Server, Web Server, etc
- Internet Services: Internet Radio - Airable; Online Music Services - TIDAL, TIDAL MQA, Deezer, Qobuz, Napster, Spotify Connect (* Note: Amazon Music will be available via firmware update)
- Supported OSD languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Korean,(To be added by request)
- Isolated Power management: Toroidal Transformer For audio signal management; 70W internal SMPS For digital CPU management (Toroidal & SMPS are shielded to minimise electrical noise)
- 12V Trigger Out: Max 200mA, 12V
- Power Source: 220V area = AC 220V - 240V, 50/60Hz; 110V area = AC 110V - 120V, 50/60Hz
- Material: Whole chassis is based on CNC-machined high quality aluminium
- Dimensions: 440mm(W) x 329mm(D) x 130mm(H) with foot
- Weight: 13.2Kg (Device only without accessory and carton box)
- Certificate: CE, FCC, EMI, etc
※ Specification to be changed without notification