Duntech - Princess C5800 - Floorstanding Speakers
Winning the accolade as the “world’s most accurate loudspeaker” was no accident. It was the result of research over four decades to design a product that faithfully reproduced sound as it is heard naturally by the human ear.
Duntech’s engineers involvement in early designs of ground base communication and telemetry antennae for NASA lunar moon landing enabled us to develop a depth of knowledge of how wave energy propagates. This enabled Duntech to redefining new parameters of sound reproduction, resulting in a breakthrough with new measurement technique of frequency, phase response, time alignment, crossover network and diffraction control.With these knowledge, a pulse coherent loudspeaker that contains all the nuances of a complex musical sound was born.
Like all Duntech classic designs, the new Princess is a sealed box design constructed entirely from Finland Birch plywood. The front panel itself is 91mm thick and the cabinet are heavily braced to achieve maximum stiffness. The whole speaker weighs a massive 140kg per speaker. The metal plinth is a combination of aluminium and stainless steel sandwich and supported on 4 precision massive stainless steel spikes.
The mid-range tweeter section was milled out of a 50mm thick solid aluminium alloy. Diffractions are treated by a combination of felt and angular face much like a “stealth” fighter aircraft.
The entire crossover is “Hardwired” with consideration to direction of signal flow. Silver solder is used from the crossover to the drive units and to minimise microphonic influence, it is located outside and behind the cabinet that enables the speaker to give us her best performance.
- Frequency Response: Measured at 3.5M (11.5ft) on the tweeter axis - 35Hz-25KHz ±1.5dB
- Efficiency: Referenced at 1M (3.3 ft) on tweeter axis with an input of 2.83 volts RMS (1 watt at 8 ohms) - 90dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance - 4 ohms
- Power Rating: Peak power for 10 mS - 1000 watts
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 150 watts
- Pulse Coherency Factor: Propagation time error at 3.5M (11.5 ft) on tweeter axis - Less than 10µS
- Harmonic Distortion: Referenced at 1M (3.3 ft) on the tweeter axis with an input of 2.83 volts RMS (1 watt at 8 ohms) - Less than 0.5% THD above 50Hz
- Relative Phase Variation Versus Frequency: Varies less that ±25 deg - 110Hz-18KHz
- Crossover design - First order
- Drivers - 2x250mm Woofers, 2x90mm Bass, 1x25mm Tweeter
- Input Terminals: Cardas CPBP to accepts spade connections - Yes
- Finish - Pommele Bubinga
- Dimensions (HxWxD) - 1900mm x 475mm x 700mm
- Weight - 140Kg per speaker