Duntech - Senator - Floorstanding Speakers
The following information is general only. Please enquire for more in-depth details or for model comparison.
The Senator is the second in the new line up of the latest designs from Duntech Audio.
To design the Senator, Duntech's design team had to follow a set of rules they call “Duntech design directives”.
Firstly, the cabinet has to be a sealed box. The musical transient is faster in a sealed box. They call this “attack and decay”. The attack has to be instant and decay should not linger on too long. If it does it will add to the distortion and will come through as a smear mainly in the lower frequencies, such as a muddy bass. The speaker has to be “Pulse Coherent”. All drive units have to act and react in the same direction instantly. Only a sealed box design can do that. A pulse coherent speaker is extremely important for an accurate sound reproduction. If the sound signals are coherent, then it leaves the speaker and arrives to the listener at the same time. Besides “Coherency” the speaker also has to be “Time Aligned”. In other words, the acoustic centres of all drive units have to be on aligned on one plane. The issues caused by mechanical time alignment are addressed by the usage of felt, a patent owned by Duntech for many years.
All these attributes put together, gave us a design that is extremely neutral, pure in sound and emotional in content.
To minimise microphonics and achieve the maximum sound performance Duntech have decided to locate the crossover unit outside the loudspeaker cabinet.
All loudspeakers undergo an extensive testing procedure to ensure a precisely matched stereo pair. Each speaker is then re-measured to give it the 100% approval for packing and delivery.
With such demanding commitment to quality control it is not surprising that every Duntech product is treated like a member of their family by many Duntech owners.
They are confident that the Senator will serve you faithfully for many years and hope your only reason for change would be to welcome another member of the Duntech family.
- Frequency Response: Measured at 3.5M (11.5ft) on the tweeter axis - 45Hz-35KHz (±1.5dB)(-3dB @ 42Hz)
- Efficiency - 90dB SPL @ 1 watt (2.83V at 1 metre)
- Nominal Impedance - 4 ohms
- Power Rating: Peak power for 10 µS - 500 watts
- Recommended Amplifier Power: Minimum RMS per channel - 100 watts
- Pulse Coherency Factor: Propagation time error at 3.5M (11.5 ft) on the tweeter axis - Less than 10µS
- Crossover - First-order
- Enclosure Type - Sealed box
- Drivers - 2 x 180mm Bass, 1 x 25mm Tweeter
- Input Terminals - Cardas CPBP Spade connections
- Bi-Wiring - No
- Finish - Pommele Bubinga
- Dimensions (HxWxD) - 1345mm x 360mm x 470mm
- Weight (packed) - 54kg per speaker