EGM - Red Series - Flat Speaker Cable
- 99.99% Solid Core, 14 AWG Copper Conductors
- Rhodium Plated Connectors
- 300 Micron Solid Core Conductors for low Shielding effect
- Low capacitance & skin effect
- Direction markings
- More efficient than stranded or twisted construction
- Design & Hand Made in Australia
Handmade in Australia, this cable comes with easy to identify red and black ends, with sturdy rhodium plated terminal connections – making identification effortless while installing. With lengths starting from a convenient 2.5 metres to 5m, these flat wire cables have low capacitance and less skin effect compared to common multi-stranded cable. This cable gives clean, balanced high fidelity sound. The solid-core copper conductors are protected by sturdy insulation for long life and safety. This cable is a great investment, with positive sound improvements for both home theatre system and stereo setups. The Red Series V2 cable is a better sounding cable than the Grey, suitable for higher resolution systems. It also features a third nylon outer sheath and thicker 14 AWG copper conductors with the more expensive rhodium plating rather than gold plated banana plugs.
EGM Audio Red Series V2 Cable Construction:
- Layer 3: Nylon Sheath – Outer jacket gives extra protection to the cable.
- Layer 2: PVC Clear Jacket – This thin outer PVC jacket helps give the cable axial mechanical strength and resistance while giving a high degree of flexibility to the cable.
- Layer 1: Conductors – 2x single core, 99.999% OFC pure electrolytic copper. Highest purity of copper available for any Audio Equipment on the market.