Electrocompaniet - ECM 2 - Network Media Streamer w/ DAC
Our high performance balanced network media player.
The ECM 2 is a media player with a built-in DAC module from our ECD 2, built to faithfully reproduce high resolution and lossless digital music and video.
It will enable you to enjoy high resolution audio, watch (and listen to!) video in full HD, and it decodes DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD formats for optimum quality.
Combining bit-perfect audio streaming and the acclaimed ECD 2 DAC lets you enjoy your media collection like never before.
Cutting-edge audio and video combined with state of the art analog circuits based on Electrocompaniet principles will give your digital files the classic Electrocompaniet sound;
- Ultra-detailed and accurate, yet warm open and musical.
- The ECM 2 can of course be used as a stand-alone DAC.
- The ECM 2 can be controlled via smartphone or tablet, or via the remote of the attached screen or projector.
- The user interfaces are product specific to allow for the best possible experience when browsing, playing or controlling. All you need to do is to download the app.
- The ECM 2 plays music, movies or shows from any networked storage, usb disk or internal, user selectable drive.
Connected to the internet, the ECM 2 will automatically retrieve covers and other relevant information on music, films and shows to let you get the most from your collection.
Easy to control
Our free app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices offers easy access to all features and settings of the system.
It allows you to command your system, set it up and control it.
Music - Video -Streaming
The ECM 2 plays music, movies, and television shows from network attached storage, an usb disk or an internal drive.
- All measurements are made at 120V / 240V //50Hz / 60Hz
- No. of channels - 2
- Output Impedance - 300 Ohms
- Noise floor (20 - 20 kHz) - < -145 dB
- Frequency response - 0.5 - 48 kHz
- THD+N - < 0,0005 %
- Upsampling rate - 192 kHz, 24 bit
- Digital/Analog conversion - 192 kHz, 24 bit
- Input sampling rate - 2 x SPDIF Coax = 192 kHz, 24 bit, 2 x SPDIF TOSLink = 192 kHz, 24 bit
- Network connection - Wi-Fi or LAN
- Internal drive - Docking, self installation. 3.5"/2.5" - unlimited capacity.
- Video - 1xHDMI Full HD 1080p
- Supported audio formats - All popular formats including: WAV/WAVE, MP3, AAC+, Vorbis, AC3, DTS, ALAC, FLAC, APE, AIFF, WMA, up to 192kHZ/24bit, DSD, up to DSD 128 (5.6 MHz)
- Supported video formats - All popular formats including: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), up to 1080p with HD 192kHz/24bit audio
- Supported control interfaces - DLNA, UPnP, Android and iOS remote Internal storage: docking, self installation
- Streaming services: - Spotify Connect, TIDAL, WiMP, Qobuz, Internet Radio
- Power consumption(no load or signal) - 50 W
- Standby - 0.5 W
- Dimensions - 465mm W x 371mm D x 78mm H
- Weight - 8.5 kg
Note: Please be advised that all HiFi streaming products of this type are dependent on a powerful and stable wireless network, which requires a good router. If you plan to have more than one streaming unit on your network, we recommend wiring as many of the devices as possible to the router for maximum stability. The free routers you get from Internet service providers are often of poor quality and we strongly recommend investing in a good router adapted to these needs. Streaming systems of this type should not be combined with wireless network extenders. Electrocompaniet has full built-in wireless networking capability, but for the sake of stability and audio quality – especially with 24-bit high-resolution music files – you should use a wired connection if possible. You can then be sure to get the optimal musical experience from your Electrocompaniet streaming device.