Golden Ear - Super Centre Reference - Centre Speaker
The SuperCentres are high-performance centre channel speakers appropriate for the highest quality home theatre systems. They are designed to perfectly complement and match our Triton Towers and Aon Bookshelf loudspeakers, both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, both minimising their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
These centre channel speaker models incorporate a D’Appolito Array of two newly developed long-throw 5-1/4˝ bass/midrange drivers (four, with reference focused field magnet structures, on the Reference model) surrounding one of our signature High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters (and a High-Gauss Reference HVFR on the Reference model). The 5-1/4˝ drivers incorporate spiderleg cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as our unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP), to minimise cross-apex wave propagation interference. They also utilise top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that both extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. Since the top-mounted passive radiators put out a very low frequency pressure wave, they only require an inch or two of clearance above them so they can be placed in cabinets/wall units if desired (always position the speaker at the front of the opening for best performance).
Sonically, the SuperCentres offer the same lifelike, highly detailed, high-resolution, smooth, open, boxless sound quality that our SuperSat centres are famous for, but with additional low frequency extension and greater power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.
The top of the SuperCentre lineup is the reference-performance SuperCentre Reference, the perfect match for large GoldenEar home theatre systems. Only 35” wide, it includes four 5-1/4" drivers utilising the focused-field magnet structure developed for the Triton Reference, the GoldenEar Reference high-gauss High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, and three planar passive radiators. The unique linear-phase crossover network employs a fully balanced topology which reduces stray capacitances for dramatically improved clarity. It utilises precision film capacitors and special internal wiring to perfectly blend the drivers for a seamless homogeneous sound. There are three separate internal chambers: a larger one in the centre which contains two 5-1/4˝ drivers which run up to meet the tweeter and are coupled to the larger, 7˝ x 10˝ passive radiator in the centre, and two smaller ones which each contain a special 5-1/4˝ driver engineered for low frequency response, which runs up to 500 Hz, and is coupled to one of the smaller, 6-3/4˝ x 8˝ passives.
5-1/4˝ High-Definition Bass/Midrange Driver
- Exceptionally Long-Throw for Tremendous Dynamic Range and Extended Bass
- Rigid Free-Flow Cast-Basket Chassis
- Proprietary Computer Optimized Cone Topology
- High-Gauss Magnet Assembly
- 1˝ High-Temperature Kapton Former Voice Coil
- Extremely Extended Resonant-Free Linear Frequency Response Characteristics
Quadratic Planar Low-Frequency Radiator
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance
- Performs Like a well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior transient Performance and Control. SuperCenter X Uses One, SuperCenter XL Uses Two, SuperCenter XXL Uses Three
High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR)
- Tweeter Diaphragm is a High Temperature Film
- High-Power Neodymium Magnets
- Squeezes/Pressurizes Air Instead of Pushing It
- Greater Control, Smoother More Extended Response
- Vanishingly Low Distortion
- Dramatically Improved Dynamic Range and Detail
- Superb Dispersion Characteristics
- High-Gauss Reference HVFR on Reference Model
- Dimensions: 88.9 cm (35 ̋) W x 14.6 cm (5-3/4 ̋) H x 28 cm (11 ̋) D.
- Weight - 31 lbs (14 kg)
- Frequency Response: 33 Hz – 35 kHz.
- Efficiency: 91 dB.
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms.
- Driver Complement: Four 5-1/4 ̋ cast-basket mid/bass drivers, Two 6-3/4 ̋ x 8 ̋ quadratic planar low-frequency radiators, One 7 ̋ x 10 ̋ quadratic planar low-frequency radiator, One high-velocity folded ribbon (HVFRTM) tweeter.
- Recommended Amplification: 20 – 350 watt/channel.