Golden Ear - Triton 5 - Floor Standing Speakers
The Triton Five and Triton Seven Towers bring Speaker-of-the-Year Award winning Triton Series performance into a more compact size and even more affordable price range. GoldenEar’s Triton Towers have set new performance and value standards all around the world. The Triton Five and Triton Seven passive towers follow in this auspicious tradition. Although they are Tritons without built-in powered subwoofers, they still achieve superbly deep, subwoofer-like impactful bass performance by combining advanced technology drivers with our highly evolved and sophisticated Frequency Dependent Damping bass loading technology.
Their unique cabinet shape is both acoustically purposeful as well as strikingly attractive. Its stylish rearward rake, in conjunction with the complex crossover, both aligns the driver array precisely for a coherent wave-launch directed at ear level at the listening position, as well as results in non-parallel front and rear baffles for better control of internal standing waves. And, of course, the non-parallel side cabinet walls and slanted top provide the same acoustical performance benefit, as well as looking great. Their precise and totally boxless imaging characteristics are further enhanced by the narrow front baffle, as well as the diffractionless designer grille cloth sock which adds additional sheer damping to the cabinet. In addition, the beautifully sculpted piano-gloss black base adds significantly to their dynamic stability.
Like the signature Triton Two, they combine a D’Appolito array of bass/midrange drivers, which surround the same, now famous, High Velocity Folded Ribbon Driver (HVFR™), used in all the Triton Towers. The HVFR™ tweeter functions by pressurizing the air, rather than pushing and pulling it, for much better impedance matching with the air in the room. This results in superb extension combined with a silky smooth non-fatiguing character, which is both unique and extraordinary. The spiderleg cast-basket bass/ midrange drivers, newly developed at our Arnprior, Canada engineering facility, have been specifically designed for exceptionally long-throw for tremendous dynamic range and extraordinarily deep bass response.
In addition, their precisely curved cone combined with a specially formulated polypropylene cone material and unique apical glue bonding technique delivers superb high-definition midrange clarity and presence. Like the powered Tritons, they incorporate two (Triton Seven) or Four (Triton Five) side-mounted sub-bass radiators that are located on either side of the cabinet down near the floor for optimum coupling to the room.
The Tritons’ high resolution sonic performance makes them perfect for the highest quality two channel systems as well as the best multi-channel music and home theatre systems. As with all GoldenEar speakers, development work is conducted at our Arnprior engineering facility utilizing our full-size anechoic chamber, which is an exact duplicate of the chamber at the NRC in Ottawa, Canada, in combination with intense critical listening.
HIGH-VELOCITY FOLDED RIBBON TWEETER (HVFR)
- Tweeter Diaphragm is a High Temperature Film
- High-Power Neodymium Magnets
- Squeezes/Pressurizes Air Instead of Pushing It
- Greater Control, Smoother More Extended Response
- Vanishingly Low Distortion
- Dramatically Improved Dynamic Range and Detail
- Superb Dispersion Characteristics
- Superior Impedance Match to Air
5.25˝ AND 6˝ HIGH-DEFINITION BASS/MIDRANGE DRIVER
- Designed with Exceptionally LongThrow for Tremendous Dynamic Range and Extraordinarily Deep Bass
- Rigid Free-Flow Cast-Basket Chassis
- Proprietary Computer Optimized Cone Topology
- High-Gauss Magnet Assembly
- 1˝ High-Temperature Kapton Former Voice Coil
- Extremely Extended Resonant-Free Linear Frequency Response Characteristics
INFRASONIC PLANAR SUB-BASS RADIATORS
- Planar Radiators, Two for Triton Seven, Four for Triton Five
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance to the Infrasonic Region
- Performs Like a well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior transient Performance and Control
- Dimensions - 6-5/8˝ (16.8 cm) W (front) x 8-1⁄8˝ (20.5 cm) W (rear) x 12-3⁄8˝ (31.3 cm) D x 44-1⁄4˝ (112.4 cm) H / Base: 11˝ (27.9 cm) W x 16-1⁄2˝ (41.9 cm) D
- Weight - 18 kg
- Frequency Response - 26 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement - Two - 6˝ High-Definition Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Drivers, coupled to: Four - 8˝ Planar Sub-Bass Radiators, One - HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Recommended Amplification - 15 - 400 watt/channel