The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
HEOS - SuperLink - Multi-Room Preamplifier
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is HEOS the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Whole home multi-zone audio in a single chassis.
Specifically designed with the custom installer in mind—and building off the success of the HEOS Link—the Denon HEOS Super Link provides coverage to all four HEOS zones in a single 1U (1.75” tall) chassis. With robust, third party control from popular manufacturers including Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC and ELAN, the HEOS Super Link is customizable within almost any professional-quality home audio environment.
Each zone features a stereo pair of pre-amp outputs, and each zone can be configured for stereo or mixed mono output. The matrix switching system features 4 optical digital inputs, 4 coaxial digital inputs and 4 analogue stereo inputs, any of which can be assigned to any zone, and every zone features a dedicated USB port for connection to an external USB drive.
Equipped to handle virtually any combination of speaker configurations, HEOS SuperLink features built-in DSP high pass/low pass filters - set any output to full range, subwoofer or satellite speaker modes, with adjustable crossover points.
Dual RJ-45 Ethernet LAN ports are provided, for connection to the network and sharing the internet connection with other devices, and HEOS SuperLink is 3rd party control compatible.
HEOS Super Link comes with removable feet and attachable rack ears, allowing rack or shelf placement.
Once installed and connected, HEOS Super Link setup and configuration is fast and easy via our HEOS app (iOS, Android and Kindle Fire).
- Designed by CI specialists for Custom Integration professionals
- Whole home multi-zone audio (4 HEOS zones)
- Pre-amp outputs for each zone, including dedicated analogue, finer optic and coaxial outputs
- Amazon Alexia voice integration
- Dual RJ-45 ethernet LAN ports
- Stereo/Mono selectable output
- Only 1RU high; removable rack ears included
- 3rd part controllable
- Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital+ down mixing to stereo
All HEOS devices feature:
Every room can have its own HEOS sound. Or, group multiple devices to fill the house with the same song. Multi-room means multiple options.
Apps & Streaming Services
Cloud music, streaming music and your music library—all your favorite sources are supported by this amazing FREE app.
Amazing Sound Quality
It’s no accident that HEOS devices produce pristine sound. They are engineered by the experts at Denon, innovators in audio for more than 100 years.
It’s amazing how quickly you can start listening to your HEOS devices. Place your product, and you will be listening to music in minutes. It’s really that simple.
- Pre-amp section - Dedicated pre-amplifier output for each zone including analogue and digital (optical/coaxial) outputs, to connect to an existing stereo system or an external power amplifier. Analogue pre-out is also switchable to an „LFE/Subwoofer“ configuration to connect a powered subwoofer in any zone.
- Music Subscription Services - The HEOS app lets you choose from popular subscription streaming services including Spotify, TuneIn, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and Mood:Mix. More services will be added soon.
- Internet Radio Stations - Streaming AAC, MP3, WMA (via the TuneIn service)
- Music Formats Supported - HEOS Super Link supports:, WMA: Up to and including 192kbps, AAC and MP3: Up to and including 320kbps, WAV, ALAC and FLAC: Up to and including 24-bit/192kHz., DSD: 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz
- Picture Formats Supported - HEOS Super Link supports JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF album art picture formats.
- USB Drives Supported - HEOS Super Link offers 4 built-in USB ports. Music content on a USB drive can be played back in each of the HEOS Super Link's zones, or on any or all other HEOS players on your network.“Availability of music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
- Wired Connection - Connect to the network using 1 of the 2 RJ-45 wired LAN ports.
- Power Supply - 100~240 Volts AC, 50~60 Hz auto-switching
- What's In The Box - HEOS Super Link, AC power cords, Ethernet Cable, Quick Start Guide, 2 rack ears
- Controls & Indicators - Power/standby; Ethernet status 1/2; Zones 1~4 active status
- Weight - 4.8 kg
- Multiple Language Support - English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Polish
- Dimensions (H x W x D) - 50 x 430 x 384 mm (without rack ears), 44 x 484 x 384 mm (with rack ears)
- Operating Temperature Range - 5°C~35°C
- Product Finish - Black