INNUOS - Statement - Music Server
INNUOS' flagship server, designed to take Digital Audio to a new level of performance. A state-of-the-art source for the most discerning audiophiles.
- New linear power supply architecture with 8 independent PSU Rails
- EMI-optimised motherboard exclusively designed for Innuos
- Custom-designed Ethernet and USB Reclockers with 3bpp OCXO clocks
- 10mm CNC-machined aluminium chassis
- 8GB RAM with 4GB In-Memory Playback
- New Generation Quad-core Intel CPU
- Asymmetrical isolation feet
New Linear Power Architecture
Partnering once again with Dr. Sean Jacobs, a new power supply architecture was designed exclusively for the Statement. The power supply is distributed between two enclosures, with one enclosure containing the AC/DC conversion stage and the other containing the regulation stage together with the server components.
The advantage is clear: regulated “clean” power traverses a very short path, soldered point to point, with the least resistance and exposure to EMI. This is superior in efficiency compared to a traditional architecture where a separate power supply is used – regulated “clean” power needs to go through more obstacles of internal cabling, output connectors, cable, input connectors and more internal cable before it reaches its destination.
8 Independent Linear PSU Rails
Each critical component of the server receives its own dedicated power supply from one of the 8 independent power rails, further preventing component cross-contamination. Of particular note is the use of a dedicated power supply for each of the Ethernet and USB high-precision OCXO clocks, ensuring these clocks work at their best.
Custom-designed Ethernet and USB Re-clocker
Not fully satisfied with existing USB and Ethernet re-clocking designs, Innuos designed in-house their own boards for this purpose. At the heart of the design are 3 principles: The use of very high-precision OCXO clocks for timing the signals, extreme care in powering important components preventing cross-contamination, and extremely short paths between components.
While the use of OCXO clocks is not new, the way they are powered and the layout of the board has proven to be extremely important for their performance. As an example, dozens of USB controllers were analysed in terms of how they were powered and clocked so that they allowed this control to be done externally. The USB Controller is regulated by no less than 3 ultra-low noise regulators, one per independent voltage.
Keeping the clock very close to the controllers, via a dedicated track on the board itself, helps to avoid the losses in signal quality that come with the use of external clock units.
10mm CNC-machined Aluminium Chassis
Housed in a casing of 10mm-thick CNC-machined aluminium, the Statement is not just a pretty face. The thick metal enclosure helps to isolate external EMI, and its weight helps dampen harmful vibration into the system. By using a double-enclosure design, it also helps to contain the vibration effects of the massive 540VA toroidal transformer at its heart.
The motherboard has been fully EMI-optimised to INNUOS' own exclusive design by, removing any unnecessary, noise-generating components capable of compromising audio. A fully-customised BIOS ensures the hardware works at its lowest noise without impairing performance. Further EMI treatment is then applied to the motherboard so that EMI is absorbed rather than reflected to other components.
Powered by innuOS
InnuOS’ unique innuOS operating system was developed in-house and allows complete Music Library management from your tablet, smartphone, or computer. Ripping CDs, importing music, editing album data (including covers), playing, streaming and backing up your music library can all be performed from the comfort of your smart device.
innuOS also contains many intelligent features to help organise your Music Library, such as their rule-based music import engine and Assisted CD Ripping mode. innuOS can also run in Roon Core or Roon Bridge mode
INTELLIGENT CD RIPPING
- Bit-Perfect Ripping: Using AccurateStream technology, extract every last bit of your CDs into WAV or FLAC files.
- Automatic CD Ripping: Just pop-in a CD! innuOS will automatically get full album data and cover from multiple online databases, rip your CD and eject when done.
- Assisted CD Ripping: Assisted CD Ripping allows you to see and edit all the album data and cover obtained from the online databases before you rip the CD. Great for Classical Music!
- Quiet Mode: Love to listen to music whilst ripping your CDs and want absolute silence? Just engage Quiet Mode for slowing down ripping, making it much quieter and with less vibration.
- Offline Ripping: CDs can be ripped without internet connection. When connected, album data and cover for all offline ripped CDs will be obtained with a simple click.
DIGITAL MUSIC IMPORT
Import Wizards for Existing Libraries - Pre-defined wizards for importing music from USB storage, Music Servers and NAS.
Intelligent Import Engine - innuOS takes all the hard work of importing music by intelligently analysing the music files and applying a number of rules such as:
- Organising the music based on format quality (compressed, cd quality or high-resolution), Artist and Album
- Removing very long file names or illegal characters
- Adding metadata to WAV files based on folder structure
Download from Online Stores - Qobuz, Linn Records, HD Tracks, HiResAudio, B&W Society of Sound, iTunes, Amazon and more. Just download the music files (even if they are in a zip or tar file) to the Auto Import shared folder and the server will take care of adding and updating the music library.
MUSIC LIBRARY MANAGEMENT
Edit or Delete Albums - Browse your library, select the album you want to update and just start editing directly on your tablet or smartphone. You can change the cover, manage genres based on previously used genres or simply delete the album - couldn’t be easier.
Quarantine - Quarantine is a staging area, separate from the Music Library, where any albums requiring attention are placed so they can be fixed before they go into the Music Library. These include:
- Albums with no metadata
- Ripped albums with damaged tracks
- Potentially duplicated albums
- Albums ripped offline
Automatic Music Library Update - After music is added, modified or deleted, the library is automatically updated as well as any connected systems such as Sonos or UPnP Streamers.
MUSIC SERVER MANAGEMENT
Automatic Network Identification - No more figuring out IP addresses find your server. Just go to my.innuos.com on your tablet or smartphone to list all Innuos devices on the network and access the innuOS App from there.
Remote Updates - Update the system with a touch of a button to benefit from our continuous improvements: new functionalities, enriched customer experience or enhanced sound quality.
Automatic Backup to USB Drive or NAS - Backup of your music library can be set on innuOS to start automatically based on library growth (e.g. every time 50 CDs are added) to either a USB backup drive or to a NAS on the network.
HI-FI MUSIC PLAYER
Rediscover Your Music and Discover New One - Play all your music as well as Internet Radio and streaming services with the best sound quality by connecting directly to a DAC or Digital Amplifier via asynchronous USB. Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz require premium subscriptions
Supports All Major Music Formats - The innuOS Music Player plays FLAC, DSD, MQA, WAV, Apple Lossless, AIFF, M4A and MP3 supporting bitrates up to 32bit/384KHz and NativeDSD, when connecting to compatible DACs
Playback from NAS - Play music stored on an external NAS drive.
Roon-Ready Player - The innuOS Music Player can optionally become a Roon-Ready player so you can use the amazing Roon interface to explore your music like never before.
STREAMERS AND MULTI-ROOM SYSTEMS
Perfect Integration with Sonos - innuOS can automatically connect its music library to a Sonos system at the touch of a button as well as automatically rescan the Sonos Music Library when any album is added, modified or deleted from the Music Library.
Fast and Reliable UPnP Server - innuOS also contains a UPnP Server configured out-of-the-box to work flawlessly with a number of UPnP-based systems:
- Wireless multi-room speakers such as Bang & Olufsen, Denon HEOS, BOSE and many others
- Music streamers from Naim, Linn , Moon, Auralic and many others
Roon Server - innuOS will also optionally integrate Roon Core* so you can use innuOS with other Roon-Ready streamers for a complete multi-room system.
* A Roon license, purchased separately, is required
Home Automation - innuOS can be integrated with the most popular home automation control systems such as RTI, Control4, KNX, AMX, Elan, Crestron and iRidium.
- Digital Output: Re-clocked USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2; DoP, Native DSD and MQA; Re-clocked dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 2x USB 2.0 (1x re-clocked, 1x non-reclocked), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
- CD Formats: Red Book
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Audio format for stored CDs: FLAC (zero compression), WAV
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , up to DSD128 via DoP, Native DSD on selected DACs
- Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
USER CONTROL INTERFACES
- Web Interface: Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers
- Mobile: App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD drive: TEAC Slot-loading drive
- Hard Drive: 1TB SSD with Vibration and EMI treatment, 2TB SSD, 4TB SSD
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
STREAMING AND CD STORAGE
- UPnP/DLNA: Integrated UPnP Server
- Streaming Services: Qobuz, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Internet Radio
- Roon Compatibility: Roon Core and Roon Bridge
- Average CD Storage Time: 5 minutes
- CD Metadata: FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
- Compatible Music Systems: Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System DLNA/UPnP compatible devices; USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2; USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol; Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Network: Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates; Network router with at least one available ethernet port; Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Recommended App (USB Connection Only): iPeng 9 (iOS), OrangeSqueeze (Android), Squeeze Control (Windows 10)
- Mains Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC – 8x Internal Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 20W when idle, 35W peak
- Dimensions: Main: 90 x 420 x 350mm (H x W x D); Power: 110 x 420 x 350 (H x W x D)
- Weight: Main: 8.2kg; Power: 13.4kg
- In the box: Innuos Statement Music Server, Mains Cable, 2x 0.3m umbilical interconnect, 2m Ethernet Cable, Quick Start Guide