Lindemann - Limetree Headphone - Headphone Amplifier
The Limetree HEADPHONE is a high-class headphone amplifier for all music lovers who want to get a higher resolution and more tonal colours from their headphones.
It amplifies purely in the analog domain for superior quality with the smallest of signals and/or when listening at soft volume. High-current output stages in class-A technology guarantee a reproduction which is both punchy and precisely resolved. For true connoisseurs!
- Beside three inputs to connect e.g. network players, CD players or a phono preamp, the Limetree HEADPHONE offers a headphone output and a line output to control active speakers or a power amplifier.
- Almost any headphones of 16 to 300 ohms can be driven with great sounding results. A setting device on the bottom of the housing allows to adjust the volume level to the respective headphone impedance.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
Lindemann have put a good deal of detail work into the circuit design. Very short signal paths, finest components and an extremely clean supply voltage make this amplifier what it really is: an essential tool for headphone freaks.
The analog volume control comes from the studio sector and is currently representing the measure of all things. It ensures a very high resolution and minimal losses with low-level signals.
The current amplification is provided by completely discrete "diamond" buffers working in a non-feedback class-A mode. In terms of sound these are wonderfully agile and detailed and deliver very good dynamics values.
As power supply Lindemann use a “medical grade“ wall plug transformer which ensures a particularly good isolation from line disturbances. Together with the elaborated onboard filtering and special voltage regulators, they were able to realise an exceptionally low-noise power supply with a ripple voltage below 10 µV.
- Measurement conditions: 22 °C, 230 V mains voltage, Audio Precision AP2722
- Power consumption: 0.15 W standby, 2.6 W operation
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 130 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 5.1 in)
- Weight: 295 g (10.4 oz)
- Inputs: 3x RCA inputs
- Outputs: 1x headphone output, 1x line output
- Gain: 12 dBs (10 kOhms load)
- Distortions: <0.001 % (at 0.5 V output and 10 kOhms load)
- S/N ratio: >98 dBV (A-weighted, 600 ohms termination)
- Frequency response: 1 Hz - 300 kHz (-3 dB)