The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
Lindemann - Musicbook Power 1000 - Power Amplifier
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Lindemann Audio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
What makes actually a good power amplifier? Sufficient output, good technical specs with low distortions and a high damping factor, perhaps also a high efficiency. This is certainly true, but doesn’t say much about the acoustic result Lindemann can achieve with a loudspeaker. A really good power amp can drive a loudspeaker in such a way that even the very last ounce of musical information becomes perceivable. And always in a sovereign and very relaxed manner.
The Musicbook POWER is not only the ideal game partner for the Musicbook SOURCE, but also knows how to get even the finest musical details out of a loudspeaker. Of course, with excellent measured values and minimal power consumption.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
- The Musicbook POWER is a real allrounder and can be combined with virtually all kinds of loudspeakers. Speakers with an average or high sensitivity are already perfect game partners for the Musicbook POWER 500. For speakers with a low sensitivity or low impedance we recommend the Musicbook POWER 1000 which can ”push out” more than 20 amperes of current.
- The Musicbook POWER has a smart automatic switch-on. As soon as music is being played, it will automatically come on and then turn off again once the job’s been done. This is convenient and, by the way, it will also help you to save energy.
- For normal volume levels the Musicbook POWER consumes less than 20 W. At medium to high levels, the efficiency of the Musicbook POWER is up to 5 times greater than with conventionally built amplifiers. This helps to save both your wallet and the environment.
- The Musicbook POWER uses the currently best class-D amplifier technology: not only does the N-Core technology offer excellent measured values for distortions, noise and damping factor – above all, it is completely devoid of sound effects. A "wire with gain" hits the nail on the head.
- Speed, dynamics, transparency and mighty authority in the sub-low range. But nonetheless totally relaxed and absolutely natural. This is how the sound of the Musicbook Power can be best described. One could also say: big listening fun!
- The Musicbook POWER has extensive protection circuits against short circuit, excess current or DC at the output. There is also an intelligent temperature monitoring that will mute the device in case of overload until the temperature has returned to normal.
A unique feature of the Musicbook POWER is the possibility to run one power amp per channel in “vertical bi-amping" mode. This requires a loudspeaker with separate connections for the bass and the high/midrange. Each range is driven by a proprietary power amp. The result is a clear improvement in sound quality in the fundamental range and an enhanced overall transparency of reproduction. In most cases the bass range will equally benefit from this.
In bi-amping mode the Musicbook POWER offers a level control for the bass which is now adjustable in ten steps. This feature is a real problem solver in many living rooms. Depending on the speaker placement less can be more here! This is especially true of large speakers which are difficult to set up.
The Musicbook POWER is a top-level class-D amplifier. This "N-Core" design (a reference to "encore") is nothing but a revolution in this field. The measured values of these amplifiers are remarkable for several reasons: very low distortions, an extremely high damping factor and a linear frequency response up to 45 kHz. Even more important is the fact that the distortions will not increase at high modulation or towards high frequencies, and the frequency response does not depend on the speaker impedance. Hence the connected loudspeaker does exactly what it’s supposed to do. It is controlled perfectly. The result is a supremely musical reproduction without any resonances or coloration
- Mains connection: 90-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 0,5 W stand-by, 16 W operation, 1200 W max.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 280 x 220 x 63 mm
- Weight: 3,4 kg
- XLR Inputs: analog line-level inputs
- Input voltage for full modulation: 2,38 V
- Input impedance: 50 kOhms
- Speaker outputs: banana plugs 4mm
- Speaker impedance range: 2 – 8 Ohms
- Output power: 2 x 500 W @ 4 Ohms
- Gain: 25,5 dB
- THD: < 0,003%
- Frequency response: 1 Hz – 45 kHz (-3 dB)
- Signal-to-noise ration: > 110 dB
- Switch-on threshold: ca. 0,5 mV balanced
- Switch-on delay: ca. 2-3 seconds
- Switch-off time: ca. 75 minutes
- DC at output: Amp shuts down. Must be disconnected from mains and switched on again. LED is permanently on red.
- Over temperature: LED flashes red. In case of further temperature rise, the amp is muted until the temperature is back to normal again.
- Current limiting: Amp is muted. Output current switching threshold: 27 A