Lindemann - Musicbook Source°CD - CD Player
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Lindemann Audio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
A signal source which can really do everything and still sound like big high-end?
Lindemann proudly present: the Musicbook SOURCE is an incredibly versatile source that meets even the highest demands on sound quality. Be it music from streaming services or from a music server, from CDs or LPs, everything’s possible and easy to operate via the app. Friends of high-class headphones will also get their money’s worth: the built-in class-A amplifier sets benchmarks in this class. The icing on the cake is the excellent phono MM input for turntables!
Connect your Musicbook SOURCE to a suitable power amplifier such as the Musicbook POWER or directly to active loudspeakers, and from now on you’ll be enjoying music in the most beautiful way: rich in detail and yet relaxed, with a wide stage or a small ensemble, dynamically vigorous or soft and emotional.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
- Streaming 4.0 makes it possible. The new LINDEMANN streaming platform offers music playback from the internet in high-res quality with 24-bit resolution. And all that wireless via WLAN. Owing to WPS the connection to the router is a piece of cake. The ARM-core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets in landscape mode. The album oriented programming excels by a fluent browsing and an easy, intuitive operation. The app allows to control all functions and settings of the Musicbook SOURCE.
- Technologically the Musicbook SOURCE is far ahead of the competition: all digital input signals are converted into DSD, a highly appreciated data format among audiophiles all over the world. This completely new approach raises in particular “normal” CD grade recordings to an exceptionally high sound quality level.
- Via USB the Musicbook SOURCE supports the connection of external CD-ROM drives and thus transforms easily into a top-class CD player without high costs! And this, of course, plug-and-play; the drive is automatically recognised and integrated via the LINDEMANN app. Control and CD text support included.
- The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook SOURCE has a powerful output stage which can drive headphones from 16 to 200 ohms. Owing to class A mode, the high damping factor and ultra short signal paths in the device the sound quality is beyond any doubt.
- The Bluetooth function of the Musicbook SOURCE enables direct wireless music playback from smartphones or tablets (without a network). Here the A2DP Bluetooth audio transfer protocol guarantees ultimate sound quality.
- Lindemann use a proven and robust CD-ROM drive which is very quiet in operation and stands out by its short access times. The drive serves as a data supplier and reads only media in the CD/CD-R/CD-RW formats. The music data on the CD are buffered and played back directly via the Musicbook’s streaming core. For this purpose playback software is used which has been specially optimized for music reproduction. Owing to the subsequent data processing (re-sampling) and the D/A conversion as a 1-bit signal (DSD), the Musicbook as a CD player achieves a sound quality level that makes all previous Lindemann CD players look very outdated.
- The phono MM preamp of the Musicbook SOURCE has been derived from our well-known Limetree PHONO and offers an exceptional sound quality from vinyl records. The input is very low-noise and can also be driven by high-output MC-systems. The sensitivity is adjustable via the app.
- A special highlight is the multi-room feature which allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually. Convenient controlling is provided by the LINDEMANN app
- Two digital SPDIF inputs allow to connect digital sources like e.g. CD drives.
- Two analog line inputs allow to connect sources like TV, tuner or tape recorders.
All functions of the Musicbook SOURCE can be controlled conveniently via the newly developed LINDEMANN app which is available for Android and iOS, for tablets also in the particularly lucid landscape mode. The app offers an easy to understand and intuitive control over the various sources. A comprehensive menu for the device settings makes the operation of the Musicbook as easy as 1-2-3.
The integrated multi-room function allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually.
The supply of streaming services is broadly diversified, with a clear focus on streaming in high-res quality. Make your choice between TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, and HighResAudio. Furthermore, besides internet radio there are also podcasts from a large range of providers.
The optionally available remote control made of high-quality aluminium offers all basic functions of the Musicbook and also gives you a quick access without opening the app.
The circuitry of the Musicbook SOURCE has been designed around the high-performance streaming platform and fine-tuned for optimum sound quality.
In the digital-analog converter of the Musicbook SOURCE Lindemann use one of the best-sounding converter elements of all times, the AK4493 from the Japanese digital specialist AKM. This converter excels metrologically by extremely low distortion figures and musically by natural timbres, a perfect timing and a totally relaxed pace. The converter blocks are run in mono mode, i.e. each channel has its own D/A converter. But there is more! Prior to the actual conversion, all digital input signals are submitted to an ultra-precise re-sampling by means of an MEMS femto-clock. The thus generated data are absolutely jitter-free: the basic prerequisite for perfect sound with digital music! An additional improvement offers the possibility to convert all data into a 1-bit signal (DSD). From a musical point of view, this operation mode is the icing on the cake and opens up an all new sonic dimension.
The analog preamp of the SOURCE uses a purely analog volume control around the MUSES 72320. This element is used in components which cost many times as much and is beyond any doubt regarding sound quality. The built-in phono MM preamp delivers an outstanding musical reproduction and is technically identical to the highly acclaimed Limetree Phono. The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook also delivers finest sound and has sufficient output power reserves for demanding headphones like e.g. magnetostats.
The power supply of the Musicbook sets new benchmarks for an interference- and noise-free performance. All functional areas are equipped with proprietary, ultra low-noise voltage regulators with less than 10 µV of noise voltage. Therefore a mutual influence between the Musicbook’s individual elements can be ruled out.
Primarily decisive for the sound of a digital component is the digital/analog converter.
For this reason LINDEMANN is breaking all new ground with the Musicbook SOURCE. Irrespective of the source, all digital input signals can be converted into a high-resolution 1-bit signal (DSD 256). In the converter blocks this signal is then converted directly into an analog signal – without any further influence through digital filters or a digital volume control. Lindemann do without DSPs (digital signal processors) completely. Filtering and volume control are purely analog.
The music signal generated thereby is utterly pristine: with ultimate resolution, brilliant timbres, unlimited dynamics and a new, absolutely “genuine” atmosphere that reminds of analog playback!
- Main connection: 90 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 0,2 W Stand-by, 8 W Betrieb, 18 W maximal
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 280 x 220 x 63 mm (11,02 x 8,66 x 2,48 in.)
- Weight: 3 kg (6,61 lbs)
- Resolution: 768 kHz/32 bit and DSD 512
- Dynamic range: > 125 dB
- THD & Noise: < 0,001% (@ 0 dB FS)
- Master Clock: ultra-low jitter MEMS femto-clock
- Re-Sampling: with 180 dB dynamics and 32-bit resolution, bit-perfect or DSD
- Jitter suppression by re-sampling: > 60 dB
- Converter architecture: two AK4493 DACs in dual different mono mode, AK4137 re-sampler
- Output voltage: 2,5 V @ 0 dBFS RCA, 5 V @ 0 dBFS XLR
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPS support
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- USB 2.0: high-speed host interface hor hard discs, USB sticks, DVD-ROM drives
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, DSD
- UPnP and DLNA support
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit. (WLAN up to 192 kHz)
- DSD resolution: DSD 64 up to DSD 256. (WLAN up to DSD 128)
- Gapless playback
- Streaming services: TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, Spotify
- Internet radio and podcast
- Roon Ready
- Line inputs: three analog line inputs with 20 kOhms of input impendance. Input sensitivity adjustable via app.
- Phono MM input: gain 40 dB. Input impendance 47 kOhm/150 pF. Input sensitivity adjustable via app. Also suitable for high-output MC systems.
- Outputs: one balanced and one unbalanced output. The outputs can be used independently. Max. output voltage: 2.5 V unbalanced, 5 V balanced.
- Volume control range: 0 to 99 with the following characteristic: 0 to 20 in 2-dB steps, 21 to 60 in 1-dB steps, 61 to 99 in 0.5-dB steps.
- Balance control: + / – 6 dB in 1 dB steps.
- Frequency response: 1 – 200 kHz (-3 dB)
- Gain: 0 dB / 6 dB / 12 dB adjustable
- THD & Noise: < 0,001% @ 2,5 V output
- Headphone connector: 6,35 mm jack socket
- Headphone gain: 0 dB / 12 dB (adjustable via app)
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16 – 200 Ohm
- Damping factor headphone output: >100.