Lindemann - Musicbook Source°CD - CD Player
A signal source which can really do everything and still sound like big high-end?
Lindemann proudly present: the Musicbook SOURCE is an incredibly versatile source that meets even the highest demands on sound quality. Be it music from streaming services or from a music server, from CDs or LPs, everything’s possible and easy to operate via the app. Friends of high-class headphones will also get their money’s worth: the built-in class-A amplifier sets benchmarks in this class. The icing on the cake is the excellent phono MM input for turntables!
Connect your Musicbook SOURCE to a suitable power amplifier such as the Musicbook POWER or directly to active loudspeakers, and from now on you’ll be enjoying music in the most beautiful way: rich in detail and yet relaxed, with a wide stage or a small ensemble, dynamically vigorous or soft and emotional.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
- Streaming 4.0 makes it possible. The new LINDEMANN streaming platform offers music playback from the internet in high-res quality with 24-bit resolution. And all that wireless via WLAN. Owing to WPS the connection to the router is a piece of cake. The ARM-core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets in landscape mode. The album oriented programming excels by a fluent browsing and an easy, intuitive operation. The app allows to control all functions and settings of the Musicbook SOURCE.
- Technologically the Musicbook SOURCE is far ahead of the competition: all digital input signals are converted into DSD, a highly appreciated data format among audiophiles all over the world. This completely new approach raises in particular “normal” CD grade recordings to an exceptionally high sound quality level.
- Via USB the Musicbook SOURCE supports the connection of external CD-ROM drives and thus transforms easily into a top-class CD player without high costs! And this, of course, plug-and-play; the drive is automatically recognised and integrated via the LINDEMANN app. Control and CD text support included.
- The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook SOURCE has a powerful output stage which can drive headphones from 16 to 200 ohms. Owing to class A mode, the high damping factor and ultra short signal paths in the device the sound quality is beyond any doubt.
- The Bluetooth function of the Musicbook SOURCE enables direct wireless music playback from smartphones or tablets (without a network). Here the A2DP Bluetooth audio transfer protocol guarantees ultimate sound quality.
- Lindemann use a proven and robust CD-ROM drive which is very quiet in operation and stands out by its short access times. The drive serves as a data supplier and reads only media in the CD/CD-R/CD-RW formats. The music data on the CD are buffered and played back directly via the Musicbook’s streaming core. For this purpose playback software is used which has been specially optimized for music reproduction. Owing to the subsequent data processing (re-sampling) and the D/A conversion as a 1-bit signal (DSD), the Musicbook as a CD player achieves a sound quality level that makes all previous Lindemann CD players look very outdated.
- The phono MM preamp of the Musicbook SOURCE has been derived from our well-known Limetree PHONO and offers an exceptional sound quality from vinyl records. The input is very low-noise and can also be driven by high-output MC-systems. The sensitivity is adjustable via the app.
- A special highlight is the multi-room feature which allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually. Convenient controlling is provided by the LINDEMANN app
- Two digital SPDIF inputs allow to connect digital sources like e.g. CD drives.
- Two analog line inputs allow to connect sources like TV, tuner or tape recorders.
All functions of the Musicbook SOURCE can be controlled conveniently via the newly developed LINDEMANN app which is available for Android and iOS, for tablets also in the particularly lucid landscape mode. The app offers an easy to understand and intuitive control over the various sources. A comprehensive menu for the device settings makes the operation of the Musicbook as easy as 1-2-3.
The integrated multi-room function allows to run several streaming devices in different rooms simultaneously or individually.
The supply of streaming services is broadly diversified, with a clear focus on streaming in high-res quality. Make your choice between TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, and HighResAudio. Furthermore, besides internet radio there are also podcasts from a large range of providers.
The optionally available remote control made of high-quality aluminium offers all basic functions of the Musicbook and also gives you a quick access without opening the app.
The circuitry of the Musicbook SOURCE has been designed around the high-performance streaming platform and fine-tuned for optimum sound quality.
In the digital-analog converter of the Musicbook SOURCE Lindemann use one of the best-sounding converter elements of all times, the AK4493 from the Japanese digital specialist AKM. This converter excels metrologically by extremely low distortion figures and musically by natural timbres, a perfect timing and a totally relaxed pace. The converter blocks are run in mono mode, i.e. each channel has its own D/A converter. But there is more! Prior to the actual conversion, all digital input signals are submitted to an ultra-precise re-sampling by means of an MEMS femto-clock. The thus generated data are absolutely jitter-free: the basic prerequisite for perfect sound with digital music! An additional improvement offers the possibility to convert all data into a 1-bit signal (DSD). From a musical point of view, this operation mode is the icing on the cake and opens up an all new sonic dimension.
The analog preamp of the SOURCE uses a purely analog volume control around the MUSES 72320. This element is used in components which cost many times as much and is beyond any doubt regarding sound quality. The built-in phono MM preamp delivers an outstanding musical reproduction and is technically identical to the highly acclaimed Limetree Phono. The headphone amplifier of the Musicbook also delivers finest sound and has sufficient output power reserves for demanding headphones like e.g. magnetostats.
The power supply of the Musicbook sets new benchmarks for an interference- and noise-free performance. All functional areas are equipped with proprietary, ultra low-noise voltage regulators with less than 10 µV of noise voltage. Therefore a mutual influence between the Musicbook’s individual elements can be ruled out.
Primarily decisive for the sound of a digital component is the digital/analog converter.
For this reason LINDEMANN is breaking all new ground with the Musicbook SOURCE. Irrespective of the source, all digital input signals can be converted into a high-resolution 1-bit signal (DSD 256). In the converter blocks this signal is then converted directly into an analog signal – without any further influence through digital filters or a digital volume control. Lindemann do without DSPs (digital signal processors) completely. Filtering and volume control are purely analog.
The music signal generated thereby is utterly pristine: with ultimate resolution, brilliant timbres, unlimited dynamics and a new, absolutely “genuine” atmosphere that reminds of analog playback!
- Main connection: 90 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 0,2 W Stand-by, 8 W Betrieb, 18 W maximal
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 280 x 220 x 63 mm (11,02 x 8,66 x 2,48 in.)
- Weight: 3 kg (6,61 lbs)
- Resolution: 768 kHz/32 bit and DSD 512
- Dynamic range: > 125 dB
- THD & Noise: < 0,001% (@ 0 dB FS)
- Master Clock: ultra-low jitter MEMS femto-clock
- Re-Sampling: with 180 dB dynamics and 32-bit resolution, bit-perfect or DSD
- Jitter suppression by re-sampling: > 60 dB
- Converter architecture: two AK4493 DACs in dual different mono mode, AK4137 re-sampler
- Output voltage: 2,5 V @ 0 dBFS RCA, 5 V @ 0 dBFS XLR
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPS support
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- USB 2.0: high-speed host interface hor hard discs, USB sticks, DVD-ROM drives
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, DSD
- UPnP and DLNA support
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit. (WLAN up to 192 kHz)
- DSD resolution: DSD 64 up to DSD 256. (WLAN up to DSD 128)
- Gapless playback
- Streaming services: TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, Spotify
- Internet radio and podcast
- Roon Ready
- Line inputs: three analog line inputs with 20 kOhms of input impendance. Input sensitivity adjustable via app.
- Phono MM input: gain 40 dB. Input impendance 47 kOhm/150 pF. Input sensitivity adjustable via app. Also suitable for high-output MC systems.
- Outputs: one balanced and one unbalanced output. The outputs can be used independently. Max. output voltage: 2.5 V unbalanced, 5 V balanced.
- Volume control range: 0 to 99 with the following characteristic: 0 to 20 in 2-dB steps, 21 to 60 in 1-dB steps, 61 to 99 in 0.5-dB steps.
- Balance control: + / – 6 dB in 1 dB steps.
- Frequency response: 1 – 200 kHz (-3 dB)
- Gain: 0 dB / 6 dB / 12 dB adjustable
- THD & Noise: < 0,001% @ 2,5 V output
- Headphone connector: 6,35 mm jack socket
- Headphone gain: 0 dB / 12 dB (adjustable via app)
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16 – 200 Ohm
- Damping factor headphone output: >100.