Marantz - AV7706 - AV Preamplifier
AV7706 11.2CH 8K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier with HEOS Built-in
The AV7706 is made for home cinema enthusiasts who want everything, versatility, flexibility and musicality. The Pre-Amplifier expertly handles any kind of high-resolution stereo or multichannel audio format. Enjoy superb surround sound audio quality from the latest formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. The AV7706 enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz's own current feedback HDAMs amplifier modules, before passing them to the high-quality 11.2 channel XLR or 11.2 RCA outputs and separate power amps.
Enjoy exquisite video performance thanks to the latest HDMI technologies such as 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, various HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) and Dynamic HDR, as well as the latest gaming technologies such as 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM).
Extensively tuned by world-renowned sound acousticians at the most state-of-the-art facilities, the new Marantz AV7706 leverages decades of experience in Hi-Fi to drive exceptional, audiophile-quality surround sound for all your entertainment.
- Premium-performance AV pre-amplifier with 11.2 channel XLR pre-out for maximum home cinema flexibility and musical fidelity
- Featuring the most advanced three-dimensional audio formats: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D processing are all supported to allow you to listen to all of your favourite audio styles.
- Advanced 32-bit Conversion on All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7706 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
- Exclusive components elevate the Marantz sonic signature: Marantz proprietary HDAM circuit boards, Current Feedback circuitry, AKM AK4458 32-bit D/A converters, and Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer produce more detailed, dynamic sound.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatised setup and room acoustic correction with Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Sub EQ HT and Low Frequency Containment deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass with improved definition.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for every entertainment need: With the latest technology in HDMI support, enjoy 8K quality video from your 8K source devices or with 8K upscaling from Full HD or 4K sources.
- HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup.
- The greatest technology for home cinema: Support for the latest HDR formats including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 colour resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR provides exceptional picture quality for brightness, clarity and contrast.
- The Next Level in Gaming: Enjoy your gaming with 4K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing.
- HEOS Built-in: Almost unlimited music sources: Stream from music services like Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music HD, Tidal and more, or stream directly from smart devices via AirPlay 2 or Bluetooth
- Phono EQ Stage with HDAM: The HDAM component of the Marantz AV7706 outperforms op-amp solutions due to its high speed and maintains a clean audio signal for exceptional sound performance.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: Surround yourself with even, accurate bass. The AV7706 features two subwoofer outputs to smooth low frequencies and improve bass dispersion, avoiding peaks and audible dips. Connected subwoofers can be calibrated independently thanks to Audyssey Sub EQ HT technology for more seamless bass performance tailored to your room.
Advanced 11.2 channel pre-amplifier
Experience a versatile home theatre setup with the new Marantz AV7706 processor/pre-amplifier. Featuring 11.2 channel XLR and RCA pre-outs, the AV7706 is built with masterful-quality external power amplification for the most demanding active speakers. Enjoy the audiophile sound you expect from Marantz combined with the latest video and audio decoding, as well as voice control with your favourite voice assistants.
With 11.2 channel pre-outs on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs, the AV7706 is designed to work alongside high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055, and MM7025. Not only is it a superb AV processor, the AV7706 is an extraordinary analogue preamplifier with an HDAM circuit board. Using Marantz-proprietary HDAMs, the preamp section of the AV7706 provides optimal channel separation, minimum crosstalk, and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging, while the ELNA capacitators of the analogue section ensure exceptional clarity, resolution and dynamic ability. All put together in the right ratio guarantees the incomparable Marantz sound.
Advanced 8K HDMI connectivity with eARC support
The new Marantz AV7706 includes 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs for all your favourite sources. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through while the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI inputs. Showcasing all the latest HDMI technology and specifications, the AV7706 lets you take your home entertainment to the next level with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, ALLM, VRR, QMS, and QFT support. The video processor can also upscale your native video source up to 8K quality. In addition, the AV7706 features HDMI eARC which supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® in masterful quality from your TV source. For your convenience, your HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves with information provided by the source when available.
Full 3D audio support
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X™, IMAX® Enhanced, and Auro-3D®.
The next chapter in movie entertainment
The new AV7706 offers the highest-quality, crystal-clear viewing experience. Enjoy your movies with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, as well the latest in HDMI technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
Marantz HDAM and current feedback topology
The AV7706 features exclusive Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) technology that provides ultra-fast slew rate, true wideband performance, and maximum dynamic range for optimum sound quality. Current Feedback technology, first introduced by Marantz nearly 70 years ago, replaces voltage feedback configuration that’s typical of AV receivers and delivers wide, closed-loop bandwidth and steep slew rate for superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
More than 60 Years of audiophile heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the AV7706 continues our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.
The most musical sound
Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters at the most state-of-the-art facilities to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. No component leaves the hands of Marantz sound masters until it passes rigorous testing. Envelop yourself with the most musical sound, from any source.
Masterful 8K HDMI Connectivity
The new Marantz AV7706 includes eight HDMI inputs and three outputs for all your favourite sources. With one dedicated 8K HDMI input to support 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability with 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling. 4K/120Hz (4:2:0 - 8-bit) Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through and HDCP 2.3, the latest in copy protection standards, are supported on all HDMI inputs. Showcasing the latest HDMI technology and specifications, the new AV7706 lets you take your home entertainment up a notch with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT support. The video processor is also capable of upscaling your native video source up to 8K quality.
DTS:X® and DTS Virtual:X™
DTS:X® immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X™ provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
Dolby Atmos® and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology
You can feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos®. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.
Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with IMAX® Enhanced — the latest technology from DTS that sets a new standard for home theatre imaging, sound, scale, and clarity. Watch clearer pictures and brighter images. Feel immersive, heart-pounding audio and experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX.
Putting you in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D® elevates the home theatre experience to amazing new levels by delivering the excitement of three-dimensional sound for music, games, broadcast, and films. The Auromatic up-mixing engine will enhance your existing audio-visual collection.
Featuring Built-in Dual Speaker Preset Memory
The new AV7706 lets you store two Audyssey profiles as well as other amplifier configurations. You can switch between the two settings on the fly, giving you freedom to tweak your listening experience for your content or listening environment.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Enjoy hands-free control with Amazon Alexa and your voice. Adjust the volume, skip to the next track, switch inputs for your different media players and more — “Just Ask.” Download the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill to enable Amazon Alexa voice commands for the AV7706, HEOS devices and other select Marantz products.
Google Assistant Voice Control
Ask your Google Home, Google app or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more. The “Works with the Google Assistant” feature is continually evolving.
AirPlay 2 and Apple Siri Voice Control
Stream audio from your favourite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV. Hear audio perfectly synced to your speakers from AirPlay 2 sources. AirPlay 2 also supports multi-room audio — wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering for smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or control with your voice via Siri.
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay 2 Capability
A dual antenna system lets you stream the most popular music services via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay 2. Listen to your playlists on Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer and more. Use AirPlay 2 to enjoy Apple music with ease.
HEOS® Built-in Multi-Room Streaming
HEOS® Built-in technology lets you enjoy your favourite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components, like HEOS-capable speakers, play all your music in one room or many.
High-Resolution Audio Support
Discover the incredible fidelity of Hi-Res Audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. You can also listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission
Enjoy your favourite audio without waking your whole home by transmitting the audio coming from your AV Pre-Amp to your Bluetooth headphones. The AV7706 even allows you to play the audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, we recommend this setup.
“Roon Tested” Certified
Get more out of your digital music library with searchable, surfable information about your favourite artists and songs. Find lyrics, concert dates, photos, bios, reviews and more. Subscription required.
Watch a movie in one room while another family member plays a song from Spotify in a different zone without interruption. Enjoy up to a 11.2-channel surround sound in the main room and a separate source or music stream in up to two other zones. Hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the second and third zone pre-out.
All Zone TV Audio
Share the main zone TV audio to all of your zones without losing fully discrete multi-channel playback in the main zone. Select “Source” for the second or third zone from the AVR remote app so that main zone audio will not switch to stereo PCM.
Smart TV Connectivity
The Marantz AV7706 can be controlled with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AV7706 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen offers quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Marantz AVR Remote App
The Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS and Android provides complete control over the latest Marantz network AV receivers and pre-amps. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input, and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS® Built-in app.
Convenient Smart Select Functions
The included remote has Four Smart Select function buttons so you can store your preferred or frequently used settings and call them up easily on the fly — including input source, volume level, sound mode, Audyssey configuration and even “All Zone Stereo” setting for party mode. With the push of a button, the AV7706 instantly configures the receiver to your desired setting at any time.
Easy Setup Experience
The AV7706 Quick Start Guide provides simple and direct instructions to get started. Once you connect your TV to the AV7706 via HDMI, the Marantz Setup Assistant appears on your TV screen and guides you through setup. The Setup Assistant helps you establish crucial settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration. The AV7706 will also rename HDMI inputs automatically when connected or you can rename them manually for your convenience.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV7706 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyses each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimise each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out disruptive jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialog, music and sound. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level, and Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing neighbours or people in other rooms of your home. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with improved definition. Plus, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app available on purchase from the app store lets you view and adjust settings for detailed tuning and customize the sound more precisely to your room and tastes.
External Control Capabilities
Features external RS232 and IP control capabilities for easy customisation and compatibility with third-party integration solutions. The Marantz AV7706 offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices, as well as Control4 SDPP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for seamless integration with Control4 home automation equipment. IR (infrared) remote control input and output are included on the rear panel for remote control compatibility with other components in your home theatre system.
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X
- DTS Neural:X
- DTS Virtual:X
- IMAX Enhanced
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation
- Dolby Surround
- Auro 3D
- Multichannel Stereo
- max. number of processing (preamp) channels - 11.2
- Power Transformer - EI
- Current Feedback Topology
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM)
- Pure Direct
- Gold plated RCA terminals
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Audyssey - MultEQ XT32
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Audyssey LFC
- Compressed audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- HEOS Multi-room and Streaming
- Bluetooth Re-transmit for Bluetooth headphones
- Alexa / Google Voice Assistant / Apple HomePod
- Network Audio Sharing
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24
- DSD Audio Streaming - 2.8/5.6MHz
- FLAC HD 192/24
- WAV 192/24
- ALAC 192/24
- Gapless Playback - FLAC, WAV, ALAC ,DSD
- AirPlay Audio Streaming - AirPlay2
- Internet Radio - TuneIn
- Spotify* - Connect
- Other Streaming Services * - Amazon Music HD / Amazon Music / TIDAL / Deezer / Napster / Soundcloud / Mood Mix
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones - Marantz AVR Remote
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets - Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Ports
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front - 7/1
- HDCP2.3 support
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone - 2/1
- Video Conversion Analogue -> HDMI
- Analogue to HDMI scaling - 480i/576i up to 8K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI scaling - up to 8K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- 8K/60Hz / 4K/120Hz
- 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC
- Enhanced ARC
- HDR / HLG / Dolby Vision / HDR10+ / Dynamic HDR
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) Pass-through for gaming
- Variable Refresh Rate / Quick Flame Transport / Quick Media Switching
- 3D signal pass-through
- 8K signal pass-through / scaling / GUI overlay
- 4K signal pass-through / scaling / GUI overlay
- HDMI pass-though in standby mode
- Picture adjust / Noise reduction
- DSD Audio capability
- Audio Return Channel
- Auto LipSync
- HEOS Built-in
- Multi-Room zones - 3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI (2ch) / Opt, Coax (2ch)/ Network, USB / Analogue
- Zone Audio Output: Preout
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control
- IR Flasher In
- Marantz Remote Bus
- DC Trigger Output - 2
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone - Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- FL Display - 2 lines + Port Hole
- Graphic User Interface - GUI - Advanced
- ISF Certification
- GUI Languages - 9
- Setup Assistant
- Smart Select
- Firmware Update by Network / USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimised Bass Redirection
- Bass Sync
- Auto Power Off
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In / Out - 3+1 / 2
- Component In / Out - 3/1
- HDMI In / Out - 7+1 / 3
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI
- Analogue In / Out - 6+1 / -
- Phono (MM) In
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial - 2/2
- Multi-Room Out: Analog / Digital - 2/-
- Multichannel Pre Out - 11.2 RCA & 11.2 XLR
- Subwoofer Out - 2 (independent)
- 7.1 Multichannel Input
- Speaker A / B - assignable pre out
- Bi-amp drive - assignable pre out
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal - pre out
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / HDMI / USB
- USB Audio
- Metal Front Panel
- System Remote Control - RC044SR
- Power Consumption in W - 60W
- Standby Consumption in W - 0.2
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm - 440 x 411 x 185mm
- Weight in kg - 10.4
Multiroom / CI