Marantz - AV8805A - Pre-Amplifier
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Marantz the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
13.2CH 8K ULTRA HD AV SURROUND PRE-AMPLIFIER WITH HEOS BUILT-IN
The Marantz AV8805A pre-amplifier sets the standard for audiophile home cinema with 13.2 channel processing and full 8K pass-through capabilities.
Created with passion and extraordinary attention to detail, this versatile pre-amplifier redefines the audiophile home cinema and music listening experience.
Its high-resolution preamplifier uses in total 15 single Marantz HDAM boards for reference-setting audio performance.
Breathtakingly Natural 3D Audio
Movie and TV sound moves around you in space, emulating the finest movie theatres and the real world.
From high-resolution stereo to 13.2 channel surround sound, experience pure Marantz audio through any configuration you need.
Tuned For Pure Enjoyment
No matter how you listen or what you watch, the AV8805A is extensively tuned to deliver the most enjoyable music and movie experiences you can imagine.
Advanced 13.2 channel pre-amplifier
The Marantz AV8805A processor/pre-amplifier was built for the most advanced home theatre enthusiast. With 13.2 channel processing, 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs, and flexible amplifier stages, enjoy your movies with a system you deserve.
The AV8805A is made for home cinema enthusiasts who want everything, versatility, flexibility, and musicality. Extensively tuned by world-renowned sound acousticians at the most state-of-the-art facilities, we leverage decades of experience in Hi-Fi to drive exceptional, audiophile-quality surround sound for all your entertainment.
Advanced 8K HDMI connectivity with eARC support
Enjoy exquisite video performance thanks to the latest HDMI technologies. The Marantz AV8805A includes 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs for all your favourite sources. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, while Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10+, 21:9 video, 3D, BT.2020 pass-through and HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI inputs.
Full 3D audio support
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X™, DTS:X® Pro, IMAX® Enhanced, and Auro-3D®.
The next chapter in movie entertainment
The new AV8805A offers the highest-quality, crystal-clear viewing experience. Enjoy your movies with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, as well the latest in HDMI technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
Marantz HDAM and Current Feedback topology
The AV8805A features exclusive Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) technology that provide ultra-fast slew rate, true wide-band performance, and maximum dynamic range for optimum sound quality.
More than 60 Years of audiophile heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the AV8805A continues our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X / DTS:X Pro: Yes / Yes / Yes (update)
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X: No / Yes (11ch)
- DTS Virtual:X: Yes
- IMAX Enhanced: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization / Dolby Atmos Music: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic Ilz / Dolby Surround: No / Yes
- Auro 3D: Yes
- 360 Reality Audio / MPEG H: No
- Audyssey DSX: No
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 13.2
- Copper Plated Chassis: Yes
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / EI: Yes / No
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM): Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Gold Plated RCA Terminals: Yes
- Clock Jitter Reducer: Yes
- Odyssey: MulitiEQ XT32
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume: Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC: Yes
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2: Yes
- HEOS Multi-room and Streaming: Yes
- Bluetooth Re-transmit for Bluetooth headphones: No
- Alexa / Google Voice Assistant / Apple HomePod: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Network Audio Sharing: Yes
- Lossy formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24: Yes / Yes / Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming: Yes (2.8/5.6MHz)
- FLAC HD 192/24: Yes
- WAV 192/24: Yes
- ALAC 192/24: Yes
- Gapless Playback: Yes (FLAC, WAV ,ALAC ,DSD)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming: Yes (AirPlay2)
- Internet radio: Yes (TuneIn)
- Spotify Connect* / Tidal* / Deezer* / others *: Yes (connect)
- Pandora: Yes
- SiriusXM: Yes
- Other Streaming Services *: Amazon Music HD/ Amazon Music / TIDAL / Deezer / iHeart Radio / Napster / Soundcloud / Mood Mix
- Roon Tested: Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 7 / 1
- HDCP2.3 support: Yes
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 2 / 1
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI: Yes
- Analogue to HDMI scaling: up to 8K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 8K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- HDMI 2.1: 8K/60Hz AB / 4K/120Hz AB: Yes / Yes
- HDMI 2.0: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / No
- Enhanced ARC: Yes
- HDR / HLG / Dolby Vision / HDR10+ / Dynamic HDR: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) Pass-through for gaming: Yes
- Variable Refresh Rate / Quick Flame Transport / Quick Media Switching: Yes / Yes / Yes
- 3D Signal Pass-Through: Yes
- 8K signal pass-through / scaling / GUI overlay: Yes / Yes / Yes
- 4K Signal Pass-Through / Scaling / GUI Overlay: Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode: Yes
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction: Yes / Yes
- CEC: Yes
- DSD Audio Capability: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Auto LipSync: Yes
Multi-Room / CI
- HEOS Multi-Room Integrated: Yes
- HEOS Link Compatibility: IR/ IP: Yes / Yes
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog: Yes (2ch) / Yes (2ch) / Yes / Yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout: No / Yes
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source: Yes
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- IR Flasher In: Yes
- Marantz Remote Bus: Yes
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- HDMI Diagnostics: Yes
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- FL Display: 2 lines + port hole
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification: Yes
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Smart Select: Yes
- Firmware Update by Network / USB: Yes / Yes
- Variable Cross Over: Yes
- Optimised Bass Redirection: Yes
- Bass Sync: Yes
- ECO Mode: No
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 4+1 / 2
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI: Yes / Yes
- Analogue In / Out: 6+1 (1x XLR) / No
- Phono (MM) In: Yes
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 2
- Multi-Room Out: analog / digital: 2 / No
- Multichannel Pre Out: Yes (15.2 RCA & 15.2 XLR)
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independant)
- 7.1 multichannel input: Yes
- Speaker A / B: assignable pre out
- Bi-amp drive: assignable pre out
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: Pre Out
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: Yes / Yes / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / No / No
- AM/FM Tuner: Yes
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- System Remote Control: RC039SR
- Pre-Programmed / Learnable / LCD Display: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Power Consumption in W: 90
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO on/off) in W: No
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 3.5
- Network Control On Consumption in W: No
- Weight in kg: 13.8