Marantz - NR1711 - AV Receiver
Slim 7.2 8K AV Receiver w/ HEOS
Slim 7.2ch 8K AV receiver with HEOS Built-in and Voice Control Hear the most musical sound from an elegantly slim profile. The Marantz NR1711 7.2ch 8K AV receiver drives immersive, high-fidelity audio from a compact chassis. At half the height of a traditional AV receiver, the NR1711 supports multi-dimensional audio formats Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X.
- Slim design, exceptional performance: With a slim profile that is half the height of a traditional AV receiver, the NR1711 delivers exceptional performance and sound quality.
- Performance, power and connectivity to suit your audio preferences: 7.2 channel discrete power amplifier, 90W per channel.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for every entertainment need: With the latest technology in HDMI support, enjoy 8K quality video from your 8K source devices or with 8K upscaling from Full HD or 4K sources.
- Support for the most advanced three-dimensional audio formats: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X processing are all supported to allow you to listen to immersive, multi-dimensional audio.
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) HDMI support: Through the main HDMI output, connect your TV with eARC HDMI support to allow uncompressed and object-based audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X directly from a smart TV app to your AV receiver.
- The greatest technology for home cinema: Support for the latest HDR formats including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 colour resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR provides exceptional picture quality for brightness, clarity and contrast.
- Advanced gaming specifications: With 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), experience gaming thrills with amazing imaging and reduced lag.
- High-resolution streaming for audiophile approved sound: Ability to decode ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz; DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks — enjoy your music exactly as the artist intended.
- Features HEOS Built-in and the free HEOS App: Your key to digital music streaming, multi-room audio and voice control throughout your entire home.
- Almost unlimited music sources: Stream from music services like Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music HD, Tidal and more, or stream directly from smart devices via AirPlay 2 or Bluetooth.
The Most Musical Sound
Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters at the most state of the art facilities to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. No component leaves the hands of the Marantz sound masters until it passes rigorous testing. Envelop yourself with the most musical sound, from any source.
Premium-Performance Discrete 7-Channel Amplifier
With unparalleled Marantz performance, the new NR1711 AV Receiver is made for those wanting the ultimate audio and video experience, paired with the latest features.
Masterful 8K HDMI Connectivity with eARC Support
The new Marantz NR1711 includes 6 HDMI inputs and 1 output for all your favourite sources. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through. Additionally, the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI ports. Showcasing the latest HDMI technology and specifications, the new NR1711 lets you take home entertainment to the next level with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT support. The video processor is capable of upscaling native video sources up to 8K quality. The NR1711 also features HDMI eARC support, which supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in masterful quality from your TV apps. Conveniently, your HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves with information provided by the source (when available).
Dolby Atmos and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with a 5.1.2 speaker setup. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos enabled up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.
DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X
DTS:X immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X offers improved immersion and heightened realism for all your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
Experience the Next Chapter in Movie Entertainment
Enjoy all your entertainment in the highest quality formatting available. Screen your movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, and take advantage of advanced video technologies like Dynamic HDR, HDR10+ or Dolby Vision. Quick Media Switching (QMS) eliminates previously known video delay.
The Next Level in Gaming
Experience the highest quality gaming thrills yet. Enjoy your gaming with 4K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips, no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Supports Major Voice Control Agents
Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use - you’re in control. (Functionality and availability vary by voice agent)
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Use your voice to stream your favourite music services through Alexa to the NR1711 with HEOS Built-in. Ask Alexa to play music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, TIDAL and more. Turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice. To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
Google Assistant Voice Control
Ask your Google Home, Google app or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more. “Works with the Google Assistant” feature is always improving.
AirPlay 2 and Apple Siri Voice Control
Stream audio from your favourite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV. Hear audio perfectly synced to your speakers from AirPlay 2 sources. AirPlay 2 also supports multi-room audio — wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering for smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or control with your voice via Siri.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Wireless Streaming with Dual Diversity Antennas
Featuring dual diversity antennas, the NR1711 lets you stream your favourite audio tracks wirelessly via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The dual diversity antenna system ensures stable streaming even in congested urban environments, and the Wi-Fi function features 2.4GHz (11b/g/n), 5GHz (11a/n) technology for compatibility with the widest range of smart devices. The NR1711 offers quick and easy push-button Wi-Fi protected setup and simple iOS Wi-Fi sharing.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission
Watch the latest movie or listen to music without waking the house. Listen to the audio on Bluetooth-connected headphones wirelessly and main speakers off, not to disturb anyone around you. The NR1711 allows you as well to play audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to enjoy a movie together without raising the overall volume.
HEOS Built-in is your key to an unlimited music experience, anywhere in your home. Play songs stored on your smart device or personal media server, and stream your favourite hits from leading streaming services like Spotify, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, TuneIn Internet Radio and more, even in high resolution. Pair your HEOS enabled AVR with any HEOS Built-in product or speaker, and distribute any music source or TV sound anywhere in your home.
*Availability differs by area, subscription may be required
Hi-Res Audio Support
The ability to decode Hi-Res audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) lets you enjoy each note exactly as the artist intended. Listen to your music via the front panel USB port or over network sources.
Integrated Phono Input
Easily connect your analogue turntable to the amplifier and enjoy the warmth and realism of your vinyl collection.
“Roon Tested” Certified
All new Marantz AV amplifiers are now Roon Tested. Get more out of your digital music library with searchable, surfable information about your favourite artists and songs. Find lyrics, concert dates, photos, bios, reviews and more. Subscription required.
Enjoy 5.1 channel surround sound in your home theatre and simultaneously play stereo sound from the same source or another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook-up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
All Zone TV Audio
Share the main zone TV audio in the second zone without losing fully discrete multi-channel playback in the main zone. Select “Source” for the second zone from the AVR remote app so that main zone audio will not switch to stereo PCM.
Easy to Setup, Easy to Use
The NR1711 features colour-coded, premium loudspeaker terminals with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure correct hook-up. The included Setup Assistant offers clear, step-by-step graphical on-screen instructions to ensure optimal setup for any configuration, bringing the most out of your home theatre setup from the very beginning.
Smart TV Connectivity
Easily control the NR1711 with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your amplifier, then set “Smart Menu” to ON to begin controlling the amplifier with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen gives you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AV amplifier setup menu, and four Smart Select options.
Convenient Smart Select Functions
Four Smart Select function buttons on the included remote allow you to store your preferred or frequently used settings and change them when you want — including input source, volume level, sound mode, Audyssey configuration and even “All Zone Stereo” setting for party mode. With the push of a button, the NR1711 instantly configures the amplifier to your desired setting.
Marantz AVR Remote App
The Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS and Android provides complete control over the latest Marantz network AV amplifiers. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS Built-in app.
Audyssey MultEQ for Simple Setup and Room Calibration
Optimise your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for seamless setup of your listening environment. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes each speaker output (including the subwoofer) and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Use Audyssey Dynamic EQ to deliver clear dialogue and wide-band response even at reduced volume levels, or Audyssey Dynamic Volume to avoid shocks and normalize volume when content switches between commercials, announcements and TV programs.
Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The NR1711 supports the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go “under the hood” to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences, including:
- View the speaker detection results to check correct installation
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes
- Adjust the EQ frequency range for each channel pair
- Switch between two high-frequency roll-off target curves
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother
- Save and load calibration results
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
External Control Capabilities
Features external RS232 and IP control capabilities for easy customisation and compatibility with third-party integration solutions. The Marantz NR1711 offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices, as well as Control4 SDPP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for seamless integration with Control4 home automation equipment. IR (infrared) remote control input and output are included on the rear panel for remote control compatibility with other components in your home theatre system.
More Than 65 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the NR1711 carries on the long Marantz tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X / DTS:X Pro - Yes/Yes/No
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X - No/Yes
- DTS Virtual:X - Yes
- IMAX Enhanced - No
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Dolby ProLogic Ilz / Dolby Surround - No/Yes
- Auro 3D - No
- Multichannel Stereo - Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels - 7.1
- Discrete Power Amplifier - 7
- Pure Direct
- Power Transformer: EI
- Audyssey - MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- HEOS Multi-room and Streaming
- Bluetooth Re-transmit for Bluetooth headphones
- Amazon Alexa / Google Voice Assistant / Apple HomePod
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless Formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24
- DSD Audio Streaming - 2.8/5.6MHz
- Gapless Playback - FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD
- AirPlay Audio Streaming - AirPlay2
- Internet Radio - TuneIn
- Spotify - Connect
- Amazon Music HD / Deezer / TIDAL / Napster / others (varies per region
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones - Android/iOS
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets - Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Port
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front - 6/0
- HDCP2.3 support
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone - 1/0
- HDMI to HDMI scaling - up to 8K 60/50Hz
- 8K/60Hz / 4K/120Hz / CEC / eARC
- Dolby Vision / HDR10+ / Dynamic HDR / HLG
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) Pass-through for gaming
- Variable Refresh Rate / Quick Frame Transport / Quick Media Switching
- HDMI pass-through in Standby Mode
- Auto LipSync
Multiroom / CI
- HEOS Multi-Room Integrated
- TV Sound Grouping
- Multi-Room zones - 2
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI (2ch) / Opt, Coax (2ch) / Network, USB / Analogue
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout
- IP Control / Web Control / App Control
- Marantz Remote Bus
- DC Trigger Output - 1
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone - Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display - 1 line
- Graphic User Interface - GUI - Advanced
- ISF Certification
- GUI Languages - 9
- Setup Assistant
- Smart Select
- Firmware Update by Network / USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimised Bass Redirection
- ECO Mode
- Auto Power Of
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In / Out - 3/1
- Component In / Out - 2/1
- HDMI In / Out - 6/1
- Analogue In / Out - 3/0
- Phono (MM) In
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial - 1/1
- Multi-Room Out: Analogue / Digital - 1/0
- Multichannel Pre Out - 2.2
- Subwoofer Out - 2
- Speaker Terminal: Regular Screw
- Number of Speaker Terminals - 7
- Speaker A / B - assignable
- Bi-Amp Drive - assignable
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal - assignable
- Front Inputs: USB
- USB Audio
- FM/AM Tuner
- Number of Poweramps - 7
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) - 50W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) - 70W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 1% 1ch Drive) - 90W
- 70% Guarantee
- System Remote Control - RC042SR
- Power Consumption in W - 250
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO on / off) in W - 30 W / 40 W
- Standby Consumption in W - 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W - 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W - 3.7
- Maximum Dimensions in mm - Antenna:Horizontal:(W x D x H) 440 x 378 x 105; Antenna:Vertical:(W x D x H) 440 x 378 x 173; w/o Antenna:(W x D x H) 440 x 366 x 105
- Weight in kg - 8.3