Marantz - PM7000N - Integrated Amplifier
PM7000N - Integrated Stereo Amplifier with HEOS Built-in
Discover the PM7000N, the first Marantz Current Feedback integrated Hi-Fi amplifier with HEOS Built-in technology. The ideal choice for audio connoisseurs, the PM7000N includes high-grade audio components, Marantz own HDAMs, a toroidal transformer and a high-speed instantaneous current power supply. Stream your favourite music and enjoy high-resolution digital audio files up to 192kHz/24bit or DSD5.6. Switch to the high quality Phono MM input to listen to your beloved vinyls as never before. The digital inputs support PCM audio, and decode - beside MP3 - lossless digital files like ALAC, FLAC and WAV up to 24-bit/192-kHz for high-resolution listening. USB-A and HEOS Built-in additionally support DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz playback. Stream your favourite music wirelessly via AirPlay2 and Bluetooth, and control the amplifier via the HEOS app or with leading voice agents Apple Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa where supported.
- Power to suit your audio preference: 2 channel fully discrete current feedback integrated Hi-Fi amplifier; 60W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz)
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuit: Wide dynamic range and famous Marantz soundstage
- Shielded toroidal transformer: Delivering high level of clean power for pure amplification without distortion
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support: Improved network stability even in Wi-Fi crowded homes
- HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming: Play nearly unlimited music from your favourite streaming services like Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music, Deezer, TuneIn Internet Radio and more with the comfortable HEOS app
- Wide range of connectivity: Four analogue inputs, one analogue output, one coaxial input, two optical digital inputs and one USB-A for high resolution audio files
- High-performance, high-resolution audio playback: Supports high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz — plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks for high-resolution listening supported by a high performance audio DAC AK4490
- Play vinyl with exceptional clarity: Integrated phono input with newly design FET input stage to improve signal purity and improve sound
- Fully shielded digital and network section with the option to deactivate: Minimises the risk of interference by digital section to achieve highest audio performance and a pure analogue experience
- Premium Marantz SPKT-1+ speaker terminals: Improved connection to speakers for high quality playback
- Speak your commands: Supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice agents for seamless voice control
- Works with your TV remote: Program the PM7000N to work with your TV remote and easily adjust volume up, volume down, mute and source selection
Modern Integrated Amplifier
The PM7000N is the first fully discrete, current feedback integrated Hi-Fi amplifier with HEOS Built-in technology for network music access from Marantz. It is the ideal choice for audio connoisseurs that require Marantz Musical sound with flexible operation and access to digital streaming music. The amplifier delivers a powerful 2x 60W into 8 ohm or 2 x 80W into 4 ohm (20Hz – 20kHz).
The Most Musical Sound
Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 65 years of Hi-Fi expertise, the PM7000N provides exceptional performance for your audio collection. Whether digital or analogue, enjoy the most musical sound from any source.
Fully Discrete Current Feedback Power Amplifier with HDAM-S3
Current Feedback amplification, a renowned Marantz-proprietary circuit technology, is thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of high resolution music for wide-bandwidth and high-speed audio reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is minimized, generating a very low ground potential. Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation by minimizing Negative Feedback (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and results in a high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback renders the power amplifier nearly immune to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Marantz HDAM-SA3 Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of each player and amplifier. The PM7000N uses the high-grade SA3 version.
High-Grade Sound Parts
Marantz has a steadfast reputation for choosing the best-possible components for its Hi-Fi products, and the PM7000N is built with that same performance-first Hi-Fi approach. Marantz engineers selected and optimized the PM7000N through extensive listening in dedicated Marantz facilities in Europe and Japan using Hi-Fi tuned sound parts.
Wide Range of Connectivity
The PM7000N is equipped with 4 analogue inputs and one analogue output, plus a high quality Phone MM equalizer and features one coaxial and two optical digital inputs, along with a USB-A input for high resolution audio files.
Hi-Res Audio Support
With the ability to decode hi-res audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD), enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. Listen to your music via the rear panel USB port or over network sources.
Improved Integrated Phono Input
For a long time, Marantz integrated amplifiers have featured high-quality phono stages. The PM7000N remains faithful to that legacy while also introducing a new design — one that integrates a FET (field-effect transistors) in the input stage. This provides high input impedance, eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors and simplifies the signal path, lowering distortion and noise vastly improving the signal purity overall.
Supports an optional external subwoofer with adjustable low pass crossover for low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips, no matter where you place your subwoofer.
High Quality, Original Marantz SPKT-1+ Speaker Terminals
The speaker terminals of the PM7000N are made of dense brass with a thick silver plating to provide best possible contact with speaker cables.
Shielded Digital Circuit
To preserve the analogue circuit from digital interferences or noise radiation, the digital circuit is installed into a shield case, preventing interference. The wireless digital boards can also be completely switched off independently using “Pure Modes” to avoid any interferences.
Source Direct Function
To ensure the shortest signal path and upmost fidelity, the PM7000N features Marantz Source Direct function, which bypasses the tone and balance control circuitry for a straight path, delivering elevated sound purity.
A Toroidal transformer offers several advantages that derive from its efficiency and power capability. The shape of it lends to low levels of electromagnetic radiation and mechanical vibration, producing improved sound quality over what you might experience with dated transformer models.
Separate Power Supply for Stand-by
In order to reduce power consumption in stand-by, the PM7000N features dual separate power supply circuits. While in standby the digital SMPS power supply is active so the network can wake up the PM7000N. When switching to operation mode, the SMPS power is switched off and the toroidal transformer is activated to supply the necessary high-current to reproduce the Marantz sonic signature.
Redesigned Pre-Amplifier Circuit with HDAM
Newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC couple with Marantz HDAM to realize better channel separation, dynamic range, improved S/N ratio and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analogue volume control device. The amplifier employs new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
The PM7000N is equipped with three “Pure Modes,” allowing you to disable entire broadcasting audio blocks and prevent interference when listening to analogue sources. Pure Modes can be individually switched off between network & USB-A, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth to provide the best musical experience.
High Resolution OLED Display
A large OLED display provides detailed information on streamed music and makes browsing for content from online or USB easy.
With HEOS Built-in technology, enjoy your favourite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify Free or Premium, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal and more or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS Built-in components, like HEOS-capable speakers, play all your music in one room or many.
Support for Major Voice Control Agents
Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use — you’re in control. Functionality varies by voice agent.
AirPlay 2 + Apple Siri Voice Control
Stream audio from your favourite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV. Hear the audio perfectly synced to your speakers from AirPlay 2 sources.
For multi-room audio, wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering to ensure smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Use your voice to stream your favourite music services through Alexa with HEOS Built-in. Ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music and more. Turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
Google Assistant Voice Control
Ask your Google Home, Google app or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more.
Connect your TV, Blu-ray, DVD Player and More
Connect your digital TV or cable/satellite set-top-box and a Blu-ray or DVD player to either of the three digital audio inputs (Optical 1 and 2, Coaxial 1) and enjoy full, dynamic range digital audio playback of your favourite movies and TV shows. All of the digital inputs can automatically wake the PM7000N when sensing an audio signal from the television, and your television remote control can be programmed to directly operate the master volume control, mute, power on/off and source selection of the PM7000N.
More Than 65 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the PM7000N carries on the long Marantz tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and television.
- Channels - 2
- Current Feedback Topology - Yes
- Phono EQ - OP amp + FET input stage
- HDAM version - HDAM-SA3, SA2
- Power Transformer - Toroidal
- High Grade Audio Components - Yes
- Customised Components - Yes
- Symmetric PCB Layout - Yes
- Aluminium Extrusion Heat Sink - Yes
- Shield Case for Digital Circuit - Yes
- Tone Control (Bass / Treble) - Yes
- Source Direct / Balance - Yes/Yes
- Pure Modes - 3
- Audio Inputs - 4
- Phono Input: MM - Yes
- Optical / Coaxial - 2 / 1
- USB-A - 1 (rear)
- Recorder Out - Yes .
- Pre-out - Subwoofer
- Gold Plated Cinch - Yes
- Speaker Terminals - Marantz SPKT-1+
- Number of Terminals - 1 Pair
- Remote Control Bus Terminal - Yes
- Headphone Out - Yes(Front)
- HEOS Multi-Room and Streaming / Network Audio Streaming - Yes/Yes
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV - Yes/Yes/Yes
- FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24 - Yes/Yes/Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming - up to DSD5.6
- Gapless Playback - Yes (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay2 Audio Streaming - Yes
- Internet Radio (Tune In) - Yes (TuneIn)
- Spotify Connect, Deezer, TIDAL, Soundcloud* - Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Supported Voice Agents: Alexa/Google Assistant/Siri - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP (iOS/Android) - HEOS
- Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Yes/Yes (dual antenna/dual band)
- Bluetooth - Yes
- Power Output (8 ohm) - 60W
- Power Output (4 ohm) - 80W
- Frequency Response - 5 Hz – 100 kHz ±3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz - 0.02%
- Damping Factor (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz) - 100 and over
- Input Sensitivity: MM - 2.0 mV / 47 kΩ/kohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: MM - 87 dB (5 mV input, 1 W output)
- Input Sensitivity: High Level - 220 mV/18 kΩ
- Signal to Noise Ratio: High Level - 115 dB (2 V input, rated output)
- FL Display - 3 line OLED
- Variable Cross Over (subwoofer) - Yes (40/60/80/100/120Hz)
- IR Learning for TV remote - Yes
- Auto Power On / Off - Optical In 1 / Optical In 2 / Coaxial In (Default: OFF)
- Sleep Timer - Yes
- Available Colours - Black
- Metal Front Panel - Yes
- Power Consumption - 220W
- Standby Consumption (network control on) - 4.6W
- Standby Consumption - 0.3W
- Detachable Power Cable - Yes
- Remote Control - Yes
- System Remote Function - Yes
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) - 440 x 379 x 125mm *excluding antennas
- Weight - 10.8kg