Monitor Audio - CP-CT150 - In-Ceiling Speaker
Offering high impact audio and discreet trimless design for smaller environments the entry-level CP-CT150 in-ceiling model features a 5" MMP II bass driver, high frequency level adjustment (+3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB) and a pivoting C-CAM tweeter.
- Pivoting C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and MMP II bass driver.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3 dB).
- The innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment.
- Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
Ultra-discreet high performance sound for every room.
Given the choice, most home owners would favour great sound from ‘invisible’ speakers over traditional box designs. But as every custom installer will confirm, fitting drivers flush with room surfaces is only part of the solution. They know that sound quality relies as much on the acoustics of the void behind the walls and ceilings, as the size and shape of the room in front of them. This is why the challenge of achieving the wide, detailed, dynamic sound of box speakers - in a room without boxes - is made so much easier with Monitor Audio’s ‘Controlled Performance’ range. Unlike open-backed architectural speakers, the CP range is fitted with fully-sealed back-boxes. They are, in fact, brilliant miniature cabinet speakers optimised for in-wall/in-ceiling locations. From no fewer than ten CP models you’ll enjoy the performance of a genuine Monitor Audio cabinet speaker, and the super-discreet qualities of near-invisible installation combined.
Award-winning speaker engineering, designed to disappear
By adapting our world-famous driver technologies for the architectural speaker environment across four performance levels, we’ve ensured that the potency of a Monitor Audio CP system is as breath-taking as it is from its cabinet counterparts. You’ll experience naturally fluid dynamics generated by precision engineered co-axial configurations of MMP®II or C-CAM® bass mid drivers and our signature 25mm C-CAM dome tweeter. In each case the tweeter pivots to direct high frequencies for perfect imaging. To the range-topping models we’ve added the pivoting IDC® module, which houses both a midrange driver and tweeter to allow you to focus more frequencies toward the listening area. Fine-tune the sound for room acoustics with the high frequency control on each CP model and use the boundary controls on the higher performance models to remove any chance of bass boom. With the breadth of choice available from CP, you’ll have all the control you need to design stunningly involving, immersive audio for music and home cinema more easily and discreetly than ever before. And because of the enclosed nature of CP design, you’ll enjoy a superior level of sound isolation between rooms and floors as well.
Easy, discreet, reliable installation
Not only can audio be controlled for optimum results, trimless bezels and super-discreet, paintable magnetic grilles allow the latest CP range to blend almost invisibly with walls and ceilings for a near-seamless integration with décor. Once easily and securely installed via Monitor Audio’s patented Tri-Grip® mounting, high reliability is assured by CP’s airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
A ‘stealthy’ super-narrow bezel and paintable grille ensure a near-invisible blend with décor. The grilles attach magnetically to the speaker frame, allowing removal and re-fixing in seconds
Pivoting C-CAM tweeters: all models excluding IDC
Created originally by aerospace engineers for jet-engine blades, Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium exhibits the ideal properties for accurate sound reproduction, being extremely strong but very light. Advanced software simulation has allowed us to optimise our C-CAM tweeter design, bringing higher sensitivity and a wider bandwidth to reveal the finest high frequency detail up to 25kHz at entry-level and 30kHz in the flagship CP models. The CP tweeter is able to pivot through 15 degrees in all directions for optimum imaging
Tri-Grip Mounting System
Our innovative Tri-Grip system has three clamping points per dog-leg providing three times the surface area and a better surface seal maximising bass response and mid-range clarity. This design also features a cam allowing the clamp to move smoothly as the installer tightens the mounting screw
Pre Construction Brackets
Pre Construction Brackets are available for all models as an accessory to help mark speaker placement during framing and prior to sheetrock application. The brackets will span up to 24-inch stud spacing. Pre Construction Brackets are not required for retrofit applications.
Adjustable Response Controls
Optimum imaging and set-up are established via pivoting tweeters, pivoting IDC driver modules, high-frequency, midrange-frequency, and/or boundary compensation controls (depending on model). The boundary compensation control provides a gentle midrange roll-off response, while preserving extreme low frequency output when the speaker is placed close to ceiling and wall boundaries
- Frequency Response - 75 Hz - 25 kHz
- Nominal Impedance - 6 ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 85 dB
- Maximum SPL - 102.8 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 50 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 20 - 50 W
- Crossover Frequency - 2.8 kHz @ 12 dB / Octave
- Drive Unit Complement - 2-Way 5" MMP II cone bass driver, 1" C-CAM pivoting Gold Dome tweeter
- Adjustment Controls - HF Level Switch (+3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB)
- Overall Diameter (Including Grille) - 250 mm (913/16")
- Overall Depth (Including Grille) - 155 mm (61/8")
- Cut-Out Hole Diameter - 212 mm (83/8")
- Mounting Depth - 151 mm (515/16")
- Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions - 249 x 249 mm (913/16")
- Fixing Type - 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Material - Mineral Filled ABS Plastic (RoHS2 Compliant)
- Weight - 2.14 kg (4 lb 12 oz)
- Connection - Gold plated 'push' type terminals
- Pre-Construction Bracket - CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket (Purple)
- Back Box - CCBOX-L
- Sold as: individually