Monitor Audio - Gold 100 - Bookshelf Speakers
The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from Monitor Audios flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensure a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned.
So well realised is the Gold 100, it’s the only stand mounting speaker of the series. The combination of 6½" (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, it’s an accurate and informative listen, able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:– RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped. – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
Every element of the new Gold Series has been specified to produce a class-leading loudspeaker with unrivalled sound. Each speaker in the range is the result of exacting audio engineering combined with cutting-edge acoustic technology, and each has the sophisticated good looks to complement its thrilling performance.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as they have to the outside. Absolute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand Monitor Audios passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
1. Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD) High-Frequency Transducer
The Platinum II MPD transducer technology has also been finessed. This high-frequency unit offers smooth, crisp top-end reproduction with attack but without harshness.
2. Rigid Diaphragm Technology (RDT II) Bass Drivers
The Gold Series adopts the unique driver technology of Monitor Audio’s extraordinary flagship Platinum II Series. Both the 8”(203 mm) and 6 1/2” (165 mm) mid- and bass drivers are specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin (i) Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium (C-CAM) (ii) Nomex honeycomb core, and (iii) woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped for exceptional rigidity and distortion-free fidelity. Add in over-sized magnets and voice coils, and the resulting sound is thrillingly accurate and expansive.
3. Supreme Cabinet Design
A loudspeaker cabinet has to blend easily with your interior, and it has to facilitate exceptional sound. The Gold Series cabinets are braced and damped with microscopic accuracy, ensuring ultra-low colouration and the most natural sound possible. All while looking like a high-end piece of furniture.
4. Classic and Timeless Appearance
Premium feet with removable spikes for use on both carpet and hard flooring
5. High-quality Terminals
Custom-made, high-quality gold-plated terminals
6. High Quality Crossovers and Pureflow Internal Cabling
High quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespokepolypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain.
7. Bespoke Magnetic Grilles
Clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent.
8. HiVe II Ports
Improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 40 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 2.8 Ohms @ 3.4 kHz
- Maximum SPL - 110 dBA (Pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 60 – 120 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass Reflex, HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver, 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 360 x 195 x 330.6 mm (143/16 x 711/16 x 13")
- Weight (each) - 9.12 kg (20 lb 2 oz)
- Sold as: pair
Please note: Satin White finish is a special order product. Enquire for lead time