Monitor Audio - Gold 200 - Floor Standing Speakers
The Gold 200 is the most compact floorstander in the series. As with our other Gold stand mount and floorstanding speakers, it combines the driver technology of our Platinum II flagship speakers and beautiful cabinetry to stunning effect.
A more compact floorstander, the Gold 200 nevertheless delivers full-scale performance. Its three-way design features two 6½" (165 mm) RDT II bass drivers beneath a 2½" (64 mm) C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, backed up by dual rear-firing HiVe II ports.
All but the largest rooms will benefit from Gold 200’s remarkably tight and textured bass response, deftly informative mid-range and smooth high-frequency attack. Regardless of volume or your listening position, Gold 200’s powers of communication will move you.
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 61/2" bespoke bass drivers, featuring: – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped. – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Dual HiVe II ports – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Sturdy cast metal out-rigger feet with spike or rubber foot for carpet or hard flooring – provides more attractive appearance and takes up less floor space
Every element of the new Gold Series has been specified to produce a class-leading loudspeaker with unrivalled sound. Each speaker in the range is the result of exacting audio engineering combined with cutting-edge acoustic technology, and each has the sophisticated good looks to complement its thrilling performance.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as they have to the outside. Absolute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand Monitor Audios passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
1. Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD) High-Frequency Transducer
The Platinum II MPD transducer technology has also been finessed. This high-frequency unit offers smooth, crisp top-end reproduction with attack but without harshness.
2. Rigid Diaphragm Technology (RDT II) Bass Drivers
The Gold Series adopts the unique driver technology of Monitor Audio’s extraordinary flagship Platinum II Series. Both the 8”(203 mm) and 6 1/2” (165 mm) mid- and bass drivers are specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin (i) Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium (C-CAM) (ii) Nomex honeycomb core, and (iii) woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped for exceptional rigidity and distortion-free fidelity. Add in over-sized magnets and voice coils, and the resulting sound is thrillingly accurate and expansive.
3. Supreme Cabinet Design
A loudspeaker cabinet has to blend easily with your interior, and it has to facilitate exceptional sound. The Gold Series cabinets are braced and damped with microscopic accuracy, ensuring ultra-low colouration and the most natural sound possible. All while looking like a high-end piece of furniture.
4. Classic and Timeless Appearance
Premium feet with removable spikes for use on both carpet and hard flooring
5. High-quality Terminals
Custom-made, high-quality gold-plated terminals
6. High Quality Crossovers and Pureflow Internal Cabling
High quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespokepolypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain.
7. Bespoke Magnetic Grilles
Clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent.
8. HiVe II Ports
Improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- System Format - 3-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 35 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 88 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 3.4 Ohms @ 1 kHz
- Maximum SPL - 114 dBA (Pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 200 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 80 – 200 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass Reflex, Dual HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - L.F/ M.F: 650 Hz, M.F/ H.F: 3.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 61/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver, 1 x 21/2" C-CAM mid-range driver, 1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 950 x 195 x 330.6 mm (373/8 x 711/16 x 13")
- External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D)) - 997 x 282.8 x 387.8 mm (391/4 x 111/8 x 151/4")
- Weight (each) - 21.86 kg (48 lb 2 oz)
- Sold as: pair
Please note: Satin White finish is a special order product. Enquire for lead time