Monitor Audio - Gold FX - Surround Speakers
The Gold FX has been designed to immerse the listener in a compelling surround sound experience. Monitor Audio’s premium driver technology ensures an unforgettable audio performance.
Nothing enhances your home cinema experience like a dedicated surround sound speaker. A compact, discreet design, yet able to pack in two MPD high-frequency transducers and two 4" (100 mm) mid/bass C-CAM drivers, Gold FX can be flush-mounted and can function in either bi-pole or di-pole modes at the flick of switch.
Monitor Audio are masters of the effects speaker, and the Gold FX represents the state of the art.
- Discreet design with flush wall placement – recessed terminations
- Angled baffles for optimal dispersion
- Sealed cabinet – for accurate performance when installed in restricted voids or close to a wall
- Switchable di-pole/ bi-pole configuration – handed pairs
- Dual MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 4" Bass/Mid-range drivers with C-CAM cone technology
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- High-quality crossovers with premium-grade polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated flexible bracket included for easy installation
Every element of the new Gold Series has been specified to produce a class-leading loudspeaker with unrivalled sound. Each speaker in the range is the result of exacting audio engineering combined with cutting-edge acoustic technology, and each has the sophisticated good looks to complement its thrilling performance.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as they have to the outside. Absolute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand Monitor Audios passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
1. Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD) High-Frequency Transducer
The Platinum II MPD transducer technology has also been finessed. This high-frequency unit offers smooth, crisp top-end reproduction with attack but without harshness.
2. Rigid Diaphragm Technology (RDT II) Bass Drivers
The Gold Series adopts the unique driver technology of Monitor Audio’s extraordinary flagship Platinum II Series. Both the 8”(203 mm) and 6 1/2” (165 mm) mid- and bass drivers are specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin (i) Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium (C-CAM) (ii) Nomex honeycomb core, and (iii) woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped for exceptional rigidity and distortion-free fidelity. Add in over-sized magnets and voice coils, and the resulting sound is thrillingly accurate and expansive.
3. Supreme Cabinet Design
A loudspeaker cabinet has to blend easily with your interior, and it has to facilitate exceptional sound. The Gold Series cabinets are braced and damped with microscopic accuracy, ensuring ultra-low colouration and the most natural sound possible. All while looking like a high-end piece of furniture.
4. Classic and Timeless Appearance
Premium feet with removable spikes for use on both carpet and hard flooring
5. High-quality Terminals
Custom-made, high-quality gold-plated terminals
6. High Quality Crossovers and Pureflow Internal Cabling
High quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespokepolypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain.
7. Bespoke Magnetic Grilles
Clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent.
8. HiVe II Ports
Improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 60 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 3.7 Ohms @ 3 kHz
- Maximum SPL - 109 dBA (Pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 30 – 100 W
- Bass Alignment - Sealed cabinet
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 4" C-CAM mid-range driver, 2 x MPD high-frequency transducer
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 270 x 341.8 x 160 mm (105/8 x 137/16 x 65/16")
- Weight (each) - 6.2 kg (13 lb 10 oz)
- Sold as: pair
Please note: Satin White finish is a special order product. Enquire for lead time.