Monitor Audio - Gold W12 - Subwoofer
You Save: $544.00
For lovers of deep and refined bass notes, the Gold W12 is a must-have addition to any speaker set-up. Every soundtrack is reinforced by the deep and balanced depth effortlessly delivered by our premium subwoofer.
All of the rumble and wallop of Hollywood’s most action-packed blockbusters is yours from the potent Gold W12 Subwoofer, in which a 12" (305 mm) long-throw driver is reinforced by a pair of Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR) and powered by 600 W of Class D amplification. The power and scale this combination are capable of generating can be felt just as easily as it can be heard, thanks to its prodigious 20 Hz bass extension.
Gold W12 has a number of fine-tuning options, and thanks to Monitor Audio’s Automatic Position Correction (APC) system, the subwoofer can work at its optimum no matter where it’s positioned. And this is no blunt instrument – Gold W12 is just as capable of delivering all the music and harmonic detail of a kettle drum to the earth-shattering power of a volcanic explosion.
Settings adjustment is provided by the innovative controller mounted on the cabinet top panel, or by using Monitor Audio’s proprietary ‘SubConnect’ software. The settings provide four fully configurable user pre-sets per input, including modes for; Flat/Music/Movie and Impact equaliser settings. Fine-tuning can be made by adjusting the frequency, slope, trim and equaliser filters for each pre-set. The Night Mode actively reduces the dynamic range of louder sections according to the level the listener desires.
- Three driver subwoofer system featuring two 200 mm ABR’s (Auxiliary Bass Radiators)
- Punchy bass below 20 Hz
- Ultra-long throw 12" driver featuring: Dished C-CAM cone, Black pole and motor plates for effective heat radiation, Larger 75 mm diameter voice coil – black anodised to radiate more heat away, Triple suspension for ultimate linearity – ensuring control at high power and excursions
- Powerful 600 Watt Hypex Class-D Amplifier module, with switching power supply – provides instantaneous deliveryof high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
- APC (Automatic Position Correction) – in-house developed automatic room set-up feature using microphone for simple system optimization
- Top mounted control panel
- USB for connection to ‘SubConnect’ application, firmware updates and service
Every element of the new Gold Series has been specified to produce a class-leading loudspeaker with unrivalled sound. Each speaker in the range is the result of exacting audio engineering combined with cutting-edge acoustic technology, and each has the sophisticated good looks to complement its thrilling performance.
Monitor Audio has taken technology from its acclaimed flagship range of Platinum II Series loudspeakers and adapted it to make the new Gold Series an immediate class-leader. The high-achieving Platinum II driver has been painstakingly developed and honed to make truly high-end audiophile levels of performance more affordable than ever before.
This remarkable level of audio fidelity is matched by the craftsmanship and engineering excellence of each Gold Series cabinet. From the clean good looks of the front baffle (Monitor Audio’s renowned single-bolt construction technology is to thank for this smooth appearance) to the delightfully tactile gold-plated speaker terminals at the back, every Gold Series speaker looks and feels as exquisite as it sounds.
Monitor Audio has brought just as much expertise to bear inside the cabinet as they have to the outside. Absolute rigidity, judicious damping and rigorous attention to the details of cabinet bracing means each speaker’s cabinet disappears leaving just the intended radiated sound from the transducers. The Gold Series resists standing sound waves and unwanted resonances like never before.
This combination of world-class engineering and groundbreaking technology has resulted in a six-strong range of loudspeakers superlative in their versatility and performance.
To see, feel and hear Gold Series is to understand Monitor Audios passion, and to enjoy an undiluted audiophile experience.
1. Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD) High-Frequency Transducer
The Platinum II MPD transducer technology has also been finessed. This high-frequency unit offers smooth, crisp top-end reproduction with attack but without harshness.
2. Rigid Diaphragm Technology (RDT II) Bass Drivers
The Gold Series adopts the unique driver technology of Monitor Audio’s extraordinary flagship Platinum II Series. Both the 8”(203 mm) and 6 1/2” (165 mm) mid- and bass drivers are specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin (i) Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium (C-CAM) (ii) Nomex honeycomb core, and (iii) woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped for exceptional rigidity and distortion-free fidelity. Add in over-sized magnets and voice coils, and the resulting sound is thrillingly accurate and expansive.
3. Supreme Cabinet Design
A loudspeaker cabinet has to blend easily with your interior, and it has to facilitate exceptional sound. The Gold Series cabinets are braced and damped with microscopic accuracy, ensuring ultra-low colouration and the most natural sound possible. All while looking like a high-end piece of furniture.
4. Classic and Timeless Appearance
Premium feet with removable spikes for use on both carpet and hard flooring
5. High-quality Terminals
Custom-made, high-quality gold-plated terminals
6. High Quality Crossovers and Pureflow Internal Cabling
High quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespokepolypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion. Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain.
7. Bespoke Magnetic Grilles
Clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent.
8. HiVe II Ports
Improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- System Format - Long-throw 12" driver featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cone. Dual 200 mm ABR (auxiliary bass radiator). Front baffle 36 mm, cabinet 25 mm MDF construction with internal bracing and sealed amplifier compartment
- Lower Frequency Limit - -3 dB @ 25 Hz / -10 dB @ 20 Hz (Free Field). Music preset (Default): -3 dB @ 19 Hz / -10 dB @ 16 Hz (In Room). Assignable Low Frequency Limit Protection Filter: -3 dB @ 12 Hz
- Upper Frequency Limit - -3 dB @ 150 Hz
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 12" C-CAM subwoofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil
- Linear Driver Excursion - 19 mm Peak to Peak,, Total displacement 1.6 Litres
- Amplifier Output - 600 W
- Amplifier Classification - Class D with high current Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- DSP - 50 MIPS DSP Core giving 512 instructions per sample, 138 dB of dynamic range and 56-bit double precision processing, dynamically updated by an up to 50 MHz MCU
- Digital Conversion - 24 bit/up to 48 kHz ADCs & DACs built into ADAU1701 DSP Core
- LED UI Control Panel - Adjustable brightness 0% - 100%, configurable auto off feature. Quick access to menu items: Trim & Mute, LPF, Phase, Preset Select
- Global Settings (via SubConnect) - Display Brightness (0-100%), Dim (to 10% or to Off), Default Preset, Mute Link Outputs, 12 V Trigger Assignment (Power On / Off or Preset select), Input gain (Master -80 to +20 dB, Trim -11 to +11 dB, Mute), Phase (0 – 360 in 15-degree steps), Night Mode Threshold (0 dB to -36 dB), Auto On / Off (Enable Signal Sense, Always On, Time to off 5 – 240 mins)
- User Presets (via SubConnect) - 4 fully configurable user Presets including, Preset Name, LPF Frequency (5 Hz Steps from 20 – 135 Hz), LPF Slope Order (-12 or -24 dB/Oct), Input (Stereo, LFE or Both), Trim Offset (-6 to +6 dB), EQ mode (Impact, Music, Movie or Default), User EQ (6 adjustable filters applied on top of EQ mode), Room EQ (On / Off), Night Mode (On / Off)
- User Equalisation (via SubConnect) - 6 fully controllable EQ filters and 4 default filters with gain offset per preset, Voreinstellungen: Flat / Music / Movie / Impact
- Room Correction EQ - 6 System controlled parametric EQ filters set using advanced detection algorithm. Measurement can be initiated from the control panel or the SubConnect with up to microphone 6 positions (default 2)
- Night Mode - Night mode, assignable (On or Off) per Preset with global threshold (0 dB to -36 dB). Introduces dynamic range reduction lowering the level of loud sections
- Phase Control - 0 – 360 degrees Increments of 15 degrees with a pure invert at 180 degrees
- Low Pass Filter Alignment - 2nd or 4th order (12 or 24 dB/Octave), Increments of 5 Hz from 35 Hz to 135 Hz
- Auto Sensing Input Requirements - Line Level >1mV on unbalanced and balanced inputs. Auto Standby feature, adjustable between 5 – 240 minutes in increments of 5 minutes
- Digital Volume Level - -11 to +11 dB in 1 dB increments, via the control panel. -80 to +20 in 1 dB increments, via SubConnect application
- IR Remote Control Code - Supplied IR remote. Front facing IR receiver with red LED indication
- SubConnect (PC Application) - Windows (7 onwards) (32/64 bit) compatible setup application available from the Monitor Audio website. Allows the user to control advanced subwoofer setup features. Settings can be saved while not connected to the subwoofer for off-site setup
- Audio Input/Outputs - LFE balanced input (XLR), LFE unbalanced input (RCA), stereo unbalanced inputs (RCA). LFE balanced output (XLR), LFE unbalanced output (RCA), stereo unbalanced outputs (link RCA)
- Connection - 12 V Trigger in (3.5 mm mono mini-jack, 6 V threshold), assignable to On/Off or Pre-set change, 3.5 mm Microphone input jack (mic supplied), RJ45 connector supporting RS232 (EIA/TIA - 561, Tx Pin 6, Rx Pin 5, Gnd Pin 4), IR repeater – Output (3.5 mm mono mini-jack), USB – Type B, for connecting to SubConnect PC application and Firmware update
- Electrical Certifications - CE / CB/ ETL / Fcc / CCC/ ErP (Energy saving compliant)
- Mains Input Voltage - 100 – 120 Vac ~60Hz / 220 – 240 Vac ~50/60 Hz (Manually selected)
- Power Consumption - Maximum 600 W, Standby <0.5 W (ErP compliance)
- Fuse Type - 20 mm T8AL 250 VAC
- Weight (unpacked) - 26.98 kg (59 lb 8.3 oz)
- External Dimensions (Including Amp, Drivers and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 413 x 410 x 433.5 mm (161/4 x 161/8 x 171/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Amp, Drivers, Terminals and Feet (H x W x D)) - 445 x 410 x 433.5 mm (171/2 x 161/8 x 171/16")
Please note: Satin White is a special order product. Enquire for lead time