Monitor Audio - Silver C150 - Centre Speaker
You Save: $109.00
Monitor Audio’s Silver C150 dialogue speaker is designed primarily to partner the smaller stand-mounts and floorstanders in the range, being carefully voiced to complement the timbre and balance of the Silver 50 and Silver 200 models; guaranteeing consistent sonic character.
The compact Silver C150 is diminutive enough to position easily under most AV racks and on cabinets, without resorting to a dedicated stand.
The compact Silver C150 centre-channel speaker sits at the heart of your surround-sound system and features two of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers in a familiar three-driver configuration. The system has been designed electrically to be a two-and-a-half way configuration, which provides better dispersion and elimination of the central ‘dead spot’ exhibited in the typical mid-tweeter-mid (MTM) configurations. The brand’s C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter delivers articulate dialogue and crisp dynamics to movies while complementing the quality of the new Silver range effortlessly.
The Silver C150 has been carefully tuned to match the timbre of the other speakers in the range, resulting in a consistent sonic character across the front channels of a home theatre system. Drivers have been optimised for use in a sealed box enclosure, ensuring installation close to a wall or in a restricted location will provide excellent and consistent results.
- Two-and-a-half way, three-driver MTM configuration
- Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in your AV rack, restricted voids or even close to a wall
- 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- Dual 5¼-inch bass and bass/mid drivers featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cones mean better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Cast polymer driver chassis design for maximum rigidity and damping characteristics
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
1. Thirty-year perfection of metal dome tweeter
Newly developed 1” (25 mm) C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter has the lowest-ever distortion. It provides exquisite treble with crystal-clear highs that are smooth and without harshness.
2. Hallmark drivers beat at the heart
Loudspeakers’ crucial drive units produce the sound waves we hear. Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM RST ‘dished’ cones (created from a single piece of unique Aluminium Magnesium alloy and formed into a dish profile) ensure pure, undistorted sound across the bass and mid-range. The cone has been developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) which enables the use of thinner and lighter C-CAM. The internal magnets and voice coils promise a clean sound, even at the high level.
3. Perfecting integration
Top-quality component selection for the crossover networks ensures the various drive units work together seamlessly, creating a unified sound. Polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors are employed to preserve the best possible signal integrity and deliver ultimate enjoyment.
4. Cabinet rigidity is key
Precision laser scanning research at the world-renowned National Physical Laboratory was a critical part of the Silver Series development. The result is optimal internal bracing, ensuring the most natural sound possible.
Monitor Audio’s unique bolt-through technology provides a cleaner sound with much lower coloration.
5. Standing tall, standing elegantly
Silver Series floorstanders employ ‘outrigger’ feet, constructed from solid metal components to provide a stable platform.
6. Quality components throughout
The slimline grilles of the Silver Series have concealed magnetics for clean-looking baffles. Monitor Audio’s unique HiVe II ports rely on an innovative straight-rifled design to accelerate airflow and reduce turbulence, moving air much faster than inferior port types. The result is an immediately noticeable quick bass with power and weight, and a superior transient response to reveal a true sense of timing.
- System Format - 2 1/2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 3.7 ohms @ 193 Hz
- Maximum SPL - 112 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 150 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 60 – 150 W
- Bass Alignment - Sealed cabinet
- Crossover Frequency - LF: 650 Hz, MF/HF: 3.1 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 51/4" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 165 x 450 x 200 mm (61/2 x 1711/16 x 77/8")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 165 x 450 x 229 mm (61/2 x 1711/16 x 9")
- Weight (each) - 9.1 kg (20 lb 1 oz)
Please Note: Natural Oak, Rosenut and Satin White finishes are special order products. Enquire for lead time