About The Audio Tailor
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Mytek the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
It doesn’t really matter how you look at it, but great things usually come in pairs. In this case it means you may accompany the Brooklyn ADC either with a Brooklyn DAC+ to obtain a hi-res end-to-end conversion solution, or add a Ferrum HYPSOS power supply to the Brooklyn ADC to make it perform to its max. The ultimate setup would mean adding two HYPSOS units to both ADC and DAC. Not to take anything away from the numerous advantages a Brooklyn ADC will bring both professional studio sound engineers and home studio enthusiasts.
Some people are amazed by the fact a Brooklyn ADC packs as many features in its very compact housing, and others are amazed by sound quality of this professional audio analog to digital converter. In fact the Brooklyn ADC manages to give a sound signature that is unheard of. Just giving a touch of oomph without any significant coloration. Just sit back and take in some of its unique features.
The Brooklyn ADC is Mytek's best sounding ever ADC. Designed specifically for the most demanding mastering and recording applications.
- Conversion: PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, DSD256 with simultaneous formats on output, including USB
- Inputs: Transparent line level (electronic) or passive nickel transformer with saturation control, mic or phono input (optional plug in cards), inputs accessible from both back and front panels
- Outputs: AES, SPDIF, ADAT/Toslink (up to 192k, 24 bit), SDIF DSD, USB2 Class2 (All formats, up to 32 bit) (No drivers for Mac or Linux, bidirectional interface function with digital out on AES)
- MQA Kernel(tm): Built in (MQA compliant filters and dithering)
- Control panel with one button HiRes recording: Mac or Win app enabling control of all settings from a computer via USB - features one button simultaneous maximum resolution PCM and DSD recording without a DAW and easy flash firmware upgrades
- Clock: <1ps jitter Mytek Femtoclock (tm) generator, Wordclock I/O
- Power: Worldwide 30 W power supply 100-240 V 50/60 Hz. Optional 12VDC power input (2.5 mm, inner +)
THE HIGHEST QUALITY
Dual mono ADC chipsets with fully balanced signal path and conversion are sampling audio at 12 MHz, with a choice of high resolution audio output formats: up to 384kHz /32 bit and DSD 256. Brooklyn ADC is the first commercially available ADC to feature built in MQA Kernel (TM) to be used for mastering to MQA streaming format. Together with the Brooklyn DAC , there is a set of mastering converters capable of capturing the finest details of music like never before with practical workflow enabling easy mastering in a variety of Hi-Res formats, including MQA. Brooklyn ADC offers a choice of input flavors: electronic line level or passive nickel transformer as well as optional high perfomance mic or phono input. PCM up to 384kHz, 32 bit, DSD256 with simultaneous formats on output, including USB.
INPUTS & OUTPUTS
Inputs Transparent line level (electronic) or passive nickel transformer with saturation control, mic or phono input (optional plug in cards). Inputs accessible from both back and front panels. Outputs AES, SPDIF, ADAT/Toslink (up to 192k, 24 bit), SDIF DSD, USB2 Class2 (All formats, up to 32 bit) (No drivers for Mac or Linux, bidirectional interface function with digital out on AES)
- Mytek's best sounding ever ADC
- High resolution audio output formats, up to 384kHz /32 bit and DSD 256
- The first commercially available ADC to feature built in MQA Kernel
- Transparent line level, passive nickel transformer, mic or phono input
- AES, SPDIF, ADAT/Toslink, SDIF DSD and USB2 Class2 outputs
- Conversion: PCM up to 384kHz,32 bit, DSD256 with simultaneous formats on output, including USB
- Transparent line level (electronic) or passive nickel transformer with saturation control, mic or phono input (optional plug in cards). Inputs accessible from both back and front panels.
- Outputs: AES, SPDIF, ADAT/Toslink (up to 192k, 24 bit); SDIF DSD, USB2 Class2 (All formats, up to 32 bit) (No drivers for Mac or Linux, bidirectional interface function with digital out on AES)
- MQA Kernel(tm): Built in (MQA compliant filters and dithering); Control panel w. one button HiRes recording; Mac or Win app enabling control of all settings from a computer via USB. Features one button simultaneous maximum resolution PCM and DSD recording without a DAW and easy flash firmware upgrades.
- Clock: <1ps jitter Mytek Femtoclock (tm) generator. Wordclock I/O
- Worldwide 30W power supply 100-240V 50/60 Hz. Optional 12VDC power input (2.5mm, inner +)
- Weight: 4 lbs (2kg)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 8.5” x 8.5” x 1U