Optoma - UHZ65 - Laser 4K Ultra HD Projector
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Optoma the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Designed for home cinema rooms, the UHZ65 offers unforgettable 4K digital cinema quality images in the comfort of your own home. Laser technology provides accurate, true to life colour reproduction with 80% of DCI-P3 coverage - perfect for recreating the big-screen experience at home. Packed with the latest technology and features, the stylish UHZ65 boasts High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatibility, HDCP 2.2 support and sophisticated PureMotion frame- interpolation processing which eliminates motion blurring or image judder.
- Laser Light Source with IP5X proof level, life up to 20,000 hours
- Bright 3,000 ANSI lumens and stable output, achieves 2,000,000 : 1 Contrast
- Super Wide Gamut II and Pure Engine Technology for vivid colors.
- 100% of Rec.709 gamut coverage, 84% of DCI-P3 coverage and BT.2020 compatible.
- Full 8 million pixel display, perfect pixel alignment and great ANSI contrast.
- HDR10 Support, with 1.6x zoom & vertical lens shift.
Optoma Laser projectors use high-quality lasers to create the projected image. In many situations the perceived brightness from laser illumination projectors can be twice that of an equivalent lamp-based model. They also deliver increased increased efficiency to maintain consistent brightness, superior color performance, instant on/off and an extraordinary life span of up to 20,000 hours.
4K UHD Resolution
With over eight million pixels, Ultra HD 4K resolution brings four times more detail than Full HD, to deliver sharper, life-like images and richer colors. Allowing you to sit closer to the screen and enjoy a more immersive experience.
The UHZ65 projector also passed the qualification from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) definition of 4K Ultra HD resolution.
Full 8.3 million pixels display
The UHZ65 deliver accurate, razor sharp and high quality images by adopting the DLP 4K UHD chip and XPR technology. Capitalizing on the fast switching speed and advanced image processing, UHZ65 delivers over 8.3 million pixels to the screen.
Perfect pixel alignment
DLP 1-chip system is perfectly aligned compared to other non-DLP 4K projectors.
Great ANSI contrast
ANSI contrast is a key measurement of contrast for real viewing situations with both black and white content in the same scene or image. The UHZ65 adopted DLP technology, which well-known for great ANSI contrast.
Capable of receiving and displaying HDR meta data, the UHZ65 allows you to see far more detail and texture. Objects look more solid and life like and the extra detail creates a greater sense of depth. It’s like looking through a window.
SDR to HDR conversion
Give your SDR content a second lease of life with SDR to HDR conversion. This unique feature lets you enjoy near-HDR content from any standard source – providing enhanced contrast, detail and colors to all SDR content.
Amazing Color Performance - Super Wide Gamut II
The 2nd generation of color enhancement technology from Optoma, with unique Phosphor wheel and color wheel design, delivers superior coverage of 100% Rec.709 gamut, and 84% of DCI-P3 coverage, and with BT.2020 compatible.
Automatically optimize the brightness of the display during dark / light movie scenes to be shown in incredible detail.
Significantly increase the image’s vividness
Using sophisticated frame-interpolation technology, advanced motion control processing eliminates motion blurring or image judder, even in high-speed action sequences.
This technology ensures all the information contained in an image is faithfully reproduced on the screen giving a stunning crystal clear, pin-sharp picture
Dynamic Black smoothly adjusts the lamp output automatically, based on the brightness information of each frame, to create a stunning contrast ratio. Bright scenes are crisp and clear, while dark scenes remain detailed with deep blacks which gives exceptional light and shade detail.
Ultimate Design – Precision Optics
The UHZ65 projector has 1.6x zoom for ease of installation, and with 1.39~2.22 throw ratio that is suitable for living room or theater room settings.
Vertical lens shift
Simplify installation with vertical lens shift, which provides a wider range of projector placement possibilities. This makes it easier to position the projector in your room and enables a wider range of screen size options.
ntegrated Stereo Speakers
- Equipped with high quality speaker Delivers remarkable clarity unheard on projectors before.
- Enclosure design separately The integrated speakers have its own enclosure that allows the full range transducer together with large passive radiator to produce undistorted soundtrack whether watching movies, playing games or other sound effects. To improve the clarify, and prevent vibration or any unwanted frequencies that could impact image quality, the speaker enclosure is separated from the projector chassis with silicon.
This feature allows you to save your calibrated day and night mode settings for the highest possible viewing experience.
- USB power - Use the USB-Power to power an HDMI dongle, such as Google Chromecast.
- MHL - Turn your projector into a smart display by connecting a smartphone or tablet with a single cable using MHL to play games, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
- Display Technology - DLP 4K UHD chip
- Native Resolution - 4K UHD 3840×2160
- Brightness - 2200 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast - 1,200,000:1
- Light source - Lamp
- Lamp Life - 15000 / 10000 / 4000 (Dynamic Black / Eco / Bright mode)
- Throw Ratio - 1.39 – 2.22:1
- Zoom Type - 1.6x Manual
- Lens Shift. - +15% Vertical
- I/O Connectors - HDMI 2.0, HDMI, VGA (RGB/YPbPr), Audio in 3.5mm, Audio out S/PDIF, Audio Out 3.5mm, RJ45, RS232, USB-A Power (1.5A), USB service, 12V trigger
- Speaker (watts) - 2 x 4W Stereo speakers
- Weight - 7.8
- Dimensions (WxDxH) - 498 x 331 x 154mm (w/o feet)
- Aspect Ratio - 16:9 Native, 4:3 Compatible
- Projection Screen Size - 30" – 300”
- Projection Distance - 1.3 – 9.3m
- Projection Lens - F/2.5~3.26; f=20.91~32.62mm
- Uniformity - 85%
- Computer Compatibility - UHD, WQHD, WUXGA, FHD, UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, HD, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
- Video Compatibility - 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p(50/60Hz), 1080i(50/60Hz), 1080p(24/50/60Hz), 2160p(24/50/60Hz)
- Horizontal Scan Rate - 31~135KHz
- Vertical Scan Rate - 24~120 Hz
- Displayable Colours - 1073.4 million colors (10 bit)
- Noise Level - 25dB (Eco mode)
- Power Supply - 100~240V, 50?60Hz, auto-switching
- Power Consumption - 345W Bright mode / 279W Eco mode ( < 0.5W Standby)
- Lamp Type - 240W
- Security - Security bar, Kensington lock
- On Screen Display - 10 Languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Português, Italiano, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese.
- Standard Accessories - AC power cord, remote control, 2x AA batteries, Basic user manual
- Optional Accessories - Ceiling mount
- Optional Wireless - No
- RoH - Compliant