Pro- Ject - X1 - Turntable
Pro-Ject‘s classic turntable design reimagined and lifted to new heights!
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
In 1991 Pro-Ject started a revolution in HiFi with the introduction of the Pro-Ject 1 turntable. A new high-end, low budget turntable at a time when CD was king. Against all odds, we were creating interest in analogue audio at a time when others were turning their backs, and the success was only down to three critical philosophies:
- Simple yet technically correct design
– High-quality valuable materials
– Fully handcrafted, expert engineers, made in the EU
There are no fancy, unnecessary features; it was a strictly manual turntable design and all of these decisions resulted in unbelievable sound at a fantastic price. The X1 is based on the same concept as the P1, but improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production methods.
Better Chassis: Heavier, denser, less resonating new MDF material
Better Platter: Non resonating, heavier Acryl platter
Better Motor Isolation: New motor suspension for better decoupling of the motor vibrations to tonearm and chassis
Better Tonearm: Super stiff, perfectly damped Carbon/Alu sandwich construction
Better Counterweight: New Anti-resonant counterweight with TPE damper to reduce cartridge-tonearm resonance
Better Motor Speed Control and Electronic Speed Change: A sophisticated DC/AC generator board generates clean and stable power to drive the motor
Better Feet: Height adjustable, isolating Alu/TPE sandwich feet
Better audiophile features: Aluminium Tonearm Base with Azimuth and VTA adjustment. Stiff one-piece tonearm without a vibration causing detachable headshell
Better Cable: All our turntables come with a high-quality phono RCA cable. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. Compared to other digital and analog music sources, the signal coming from a turntable cartridge is very fragile in nature and cheap RCA cables often do not provide the ideal conditions for getting a phono signal to an amplifier. The Connect it E is purpose-designed for this exact application.
The design is carefully tuned to offer the most critical features for the best price and everything is put together with Pro-Ject‘s decade long experience in making the best-performing turntables without blowing the budget: MDF is 2-3 times more expensive than standard particle boards, not to mention a plastic chassis, but sounds and feels way better.
The X1‘s luxury 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish are 3-4 times more expensive than simple foils. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. This adds additional cost, but performs many times better than a simple, direct powered AC motor.
For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system. In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment, offering the flexibility that so many people are asking for, especially in this and even lower price ranges.
The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances. The X1 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use.
Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on.
The X1 has all the high-end features of modern turntable designs to maximise the music and listening experience. All these features can in fact be done at a reasonable cost. Due to our extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, we put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money.
- Speed - 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle - belt drive
- Speed variance - 33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
- Wow & flutter - 33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%
- Platter - 20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing - stainless steel/brass
- Tonearm - 8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
- Effective arm length - 218,5 mm
- Overhang - 18 mm
- Effective tonearm mass - 10,0g
- Tracking force range - 0 - 30mN
- Included accessories - 15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat
- Power consumption - 5,0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
- Dimensions - 415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight - 7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight
- Stock availability subject to change - please enquire. White is special order item