The Audio Tailor - Turntable Set-Up & Calibration - Advanced In-Home Serivce
Operating for over 17 years with 50 years of combined professional experience within the Hi-Fi industry, we have much more to offer than a good price. To put it frankly, you have to know what you’re doing to get the best out of your Hi-Fidelity system and we, at The Audio Tailor know what we’re doing.
This is a comprehensive process for an in-home turntable set-up enabling your system to work at optimum performance. We’re looking to provide a premium service for our customers to share in what we know as an amazing experience only true Hi Fi can give us.
This service is geared towards the high-end models that require more finesse and need to be set up in the home for the best results. It includes delivery and full set-up including wiring the unit into the customers stereo system. An allowance of 2 hours on site and the travel time are included.
Below is a more detailed outline of what goes into this singular set-up as evidence of our determination to have your turntable running at the pinnacle of its potential.
Available to Brisbane Metro clients only
For more advanced set-ups requiring several hours it's recommended that we individually provide an estimate
- Unboxing of unit
- Assembly og unit and it’s components
- Precise levelling of the turntable in its environment
- Setting cartridge tracking length (ensures the correct distance between pivot point and stylus contact is optimised)
- Setting linear tracking (ensures the tracking arc is optimum and set for the best performance and longevity of both the stylus and record)
- Adjusting azmuith (ensures that the stylus is aligning with the record for best performance and also to alleviate premature stylus wear and record groove wear)
- Arm alignment
- Fitting the drive belt (ensuring no finger grease or contaminants are transferred to the belt or pulley components)
- Installing the cartridge onto the tone arm and ensuring tonearm cables are correctly wired and kept away from the vinyl surface when playing.
- Fitting/adjusting the anti skate system (so the needle doesn’t skate across the surface or put undue force against the vinyl record groove)
- Applying any lubricants, bearing oils, and mechanism greases required (ensures good longevity and smooth operation)
- Balancing the arm (particular care is needed to ensure the arm is precisely at the best position for optimum tracking)
- Electronically setting the tracking force to best suit the cartridge (even though this can be guessed with a manual set up in most cases an electronic set up will refine the standard settings by up to 25%)
- RPM speed testing (ensures the turntable is not running above or below recommended speeds ensuring the sound is as it was intended to be heard)
- Fine tuning horizontal parallel settings (ensures the stylus is best aligned from a front and rear aspect to achieve optimum audio quality)
- Adjustments to tone arm heights and fitting spacers where required
- Full overview and instruction on how to achieve best usage and maintenance ideas
- Insider tips to prolong the life of the motor, stylus and your records
- Removal and disposal of packaging if required