Tube Amp Doctor - 6L6GC-STR Premium - Power Tubes
RCA-style black-plate, excellent tone and maximum lifetime
TAD has the remakes of the all time favorite 6L6 classics by RCA and GE. The TAD 6L6GC-STR is your perfect choice if you are up for the sound of the rock legends. It provides the low end with the right amount of pressure, as known from the famous RCA tubes. It has clear, transparent but unobstrusive highs and exactly the right bite to provide you with all those classic 6L6 sounds from big warm cleans to modern hard rock sounds.
This TAD 6L6GC-STR combines the famous reliability of the american made Philips/Sylvania STR series (also known as MESA 6L6GC-STR415) with the black-plate system of the highly regarded vintage RCA 6L6GC tubes. We joined best of both worlds! Silky top end, combined with deep bass response and lots of headroom make this tube a living classic. Our choice for lively clean sounds and powerful broadband multichannel amps.
Exclusive black-plate designs, gold gird wire, double getter construction, no-noise filaments and the 1.2mm thick heavy duty glass envelope.
Q: When does a power tube become a Premium Selected power tube?
A: All power tubes labeled Premium Selected have passed the following tests:
- Plate Current (PC) and Amplification (TC)
- Low Noise Test
- Microphonic Test
- Sonic Tests
- Shock Tests
- Listening Tests
- Shorts & Leakage Tests
Premium RT-Matching of Power Tubes
Our Premium Matching is an exact matching of power tubes with identical Plate Current (PC) and Transconductance (TC).
TAD Premium Selected tubes are guaranteed for a period of 6 months (according to terms of warranties) for the quality criteria mentioned above.
- Voltage (AC or DC) - 5.8V(min), 6.3V(nom.), 6.8V(max)
- Current - ca 0.9A
cathode-to-heater potential, max - +200V
Direct interelectrode capacitances, max *** -
- Grid no.1 to cathode and grid no.3, grid no.2 - base sleeve heater <10 pf
- Plate to cathode and grid no. 3, grid no.2 - base sleeve and heater <6.5 pF / grid no.1 to plate <0.6 pf
- Operating position - Any
- Base - JEDEC #8ET, octal, 8-pin
- Dimensions - 109mm(height, 95mm(seated height), 28mm(diameter)
- Cooling - convection
- Approximate net weight - 50g
AF Power Amplifier
- DC Plate voltage - 550V
- Grid no.2 DC (screen) voltage - 450V
- Grid no.1 (control) voltage - -37V
- DC cathode current - 100mA
- Plate dissipation - 30W
- Grid no.2 DC (screen) dissipation - 5W
AF power amplifier, Class A1 (single tube)
- Plate voltage - 350VGrid 2 screen voltage - 250V
- Grid 1 control voltage* - -18V
- Peak AF Grid 1 control voltage - 18V
- Zero signal plate current(avg) - 2.5mA
- Transconductance (nominal) - 5,500 mS
- Load resistance - 4200 Ohms
- Output power at 13% distortion - 8W