Wharfedale - Airedale Heritage Classic - Floorstanding Speakers
Special Order only
AN AUDIO LEGACY IN THE MAKING
Founded in 1932, Gilbert Briggs quickly established Wharfedale as one of the finest loudspeaker manufacturers in the world. Part of that early lineup of loudspeakers included Airedale, a large and chambered hexagonal enclosure with Alnico magnets and its famous upward firing “ambience tweeter.” In celebration of those early achievements, former head of engineering at Wharfedale Steve Hewlett has re-created a masterpiece once again worthy of the Airedale name.
HAND BUILT, HIGH GRADE AUDIO MAGIC.
Completely hand built and utterly uncompromising, each and every component employed in the construction of Airedale is of the highest material grade. Airedale’s manufacturing follows a long tradition of craftsmanship that represents the finest in both traditional and contemporary artisanal practices. All this is done to deliver an incredibly large, highly detailed performance for both big band and orchestral performance. Superbly balanced, extremely powerful, and warm without being lush, Airedale retains the magic of its original era without lingering on nostalgia.
THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAIL.
With a 380mm sandwich cone combination of glass fibre, carbon fibre and glass fibre again, the Airedale bass driver is extremely stiff and rigid. It’s highly responsive 200mm upper/bass mid driver consists of a light weight kevlar cone and it’s studio monitor quality midrange driver delivers very low distortion over the crucial midband frequencies. Combined with dual 25mm soft dome tweeters, one front firing and the second up-firing for ambient effect of the highest frequencies, Airedale delivers a superior sonic performance matched only by the beauty its finish.
- Enclosure Type - Sealed and Bass Reflex Cabinet
- Bass Driver - 15 inch Tri-Laminate Glass & Kevlar cone with die-cast aluminium basket and Alnico magnet
- Mid/Bass Driver - 8 inch Tri-Laminate Glass & Kevlar cone with die-cast aluminium basket and Alnico magnet
- Midrange Driver - 3 inch soft dome with die-cast aluminium chassis and Alnico magnet
- Tweeter - 1 inch silk dome with die-cast aluminium chassis and Alnico magnet
- Super Tweeter - 1 inch silk dome with die-cast aluminium chassis and Alnico magnet
- Crossover Frequency - 180Hz, 700Hz, 3.5kHz, 9kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB) - 25Hz - 45kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m) - 90dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 100 - 400W
- Nominal Impedance - 6 Ohms
- Dimensions (H x W x D) in mm - 1354 × 800 × 540
- Weight - 108kg
- Available Colours - Hand Oiled & Waxed Walnut Veneer