Wharfedale - Diamond DFS - Surround Speakers
DFS stands for 'Diffuse Field Surround, and is ideal for the reproduction of rear surround effects. It is specifically designed and engineered for rear wall mounting and produces both ambient and direct sound for accurate stereo rear effects. With the Wharfedale DFS speaker you can recreate a convincing and realistic rear sound field using a single pair of speakers.
For almost 30 years, Wharfedale's famous Diamond speakers have served as the classic entry point to true high-fidelity sound, their exceptional value for money earning countless awards around the globe, with over 1 million pairs sold worldwide. Now, with the introduction of the all-new Diamond Series, Wharfedale has again raised the bar for affordable, high-performance bookshelf speakers.
Following an exhaustive period of research and development, Wharfedale's acoustic design team has enhanced the speakers in the following ways:
- 1. Stronger cabinet walls
- 2. Composite front baffle panel
- 3. Improvements to the mid/bass drive unit
- 4. Rear-firing twin reflex ports
- 5. Tweeter diffuser
- 6. Enhanced front grill with "invisible" fixing
Other Diamond attributes remain, like the sturdy bi-wire terminal block and air cored inductors in the crossover, high purity copper internal wiring and an interference free front grill, now affixed without unsightly pegs in the piano-black finish front baffle.
- Enclosure Type - Sealed
- Bass Driver - DUAL 4 inch Kevlar cone
- Tweeter - 1 inch soft dome
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB) - 70Hz - 24kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m) - 86dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 15 - 120W
- Nominal Impedance - 6 Ohms
- Dimensions (H x W x D) in mm - 280 x 290 x 132 each
- Weight - 6kg each
- Stocked Colours - Black