Wharfedale - DS-2 - Bookshelf Speakers
The Wharfedale DS-2 stereo Bluetooth speaker system delivers true hi-fi sound in miniaturised form, and is perfect for a desk, table or shelf.
Based on the Wharfedale DS-1, a similarly diminutive pair of Bluetooth speakers widely acknowledged as the best available under £200 – “petite little desktop speakers that sound fantastic for the money,” said What Hi-Fi? whilst presenting them with an Award in 2015.
In contrast to most Bluetooth speakers, the DS-2 is a pair of proper two-way hi-fi speakers shrunk to desktop size, standing just 190mm high, 120mm wide and 140mm deep.
The mid/bass driver’s cone is fashioned from woven polypropylene, chosen for its ideal combination of lightness, strength and low coloration. Both drive units are protected by specially designed metal grilles, while a rear-firing port augments low-frequency performance to provide bass that’s surprisingly deep and punchy for the speakers’ size.
Inside the master speaker nestles new-generation, high-performance digital amplification outputting 2x15W continuous and 2x30W peak. This drives the treble and mid/bass units via a high-quality crossover network containing select audio-grade components.
Bluetooth provides simple wireless pairing with smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs, complete with support for the sonically superior aptX codec. Flexibility is further enhanced by an auxiliary input via a 3.5mm analogue stereo input.
- Woofer - 3" (75mm) woven polypropylene bass cone
- Tweeter - 3/4" (19mm) silk dome
- Rated System Power - 2 x 7 Watts
- Maximum System Power - 2 x 15 Watts
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB) - 55Hz – 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio - >80dB ( A weighted)
- Line Input Sensitivity - 350mV
- Bluetooth - V4.0 BC8 with aptX
- Bluetooth Range - Approx 10m (line of sight)
- NFC Support - YES (Android & Windows Phone only)
- Power Consumption - 35W max
- Standby Power Consumption - < 0.5W
- Dimensions in mm (H x W x D) - 190mm x 120mm x 140mm
- Gross Weight - 2.9 Kg