The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
Zappiti - Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition - Video Management System
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Zappiti the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
The Best Movie Watching Experience Ever
Zappiti designs and manufactures only professional grade Video Management Systems; delivering the highest quality, outstanding performance, and best possible user experience.
All of the Zappiti products are designed to provide the end-user customers with convenient and intuitive access to their entire movie library collection, in stunning 4K, High Definition resolution. The award winning Zappiti devices are being successfully used to improve the movie watching experience, in residential and commercial environments all over the globe. The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is the result of 1 year of intensive research and development. It combines the best performance possible with a truly unique design for high-end home entertainment. The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR supports the majority of digital audio and video formats, including the most modern HEVC video codec with one billion colours (10-Bit colour encoding), all modern 3D video standards with 3D subtitles, and features heavy and solid chassis, dual HDMI output, 4K 60p, HDR, DTS:X, extremely low noise power supply, zero signal output and headphone output 6.35 mm for the best possible home theatre experience. The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR received the ISF Certification (Imaging Science Foundation)
Audiocom Cinema Edition
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition is the result of 1,5 year of intensive research and development. Supporting almost all video and audio formats, codecs and file containers, including all modern video standards such as HDMI 2.0a, Ultra HD 4K, HDR, 3D subtitles and HEVC / H.265 (up to 10-Bit), the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR sets an entirely new standard. The all new Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is equipped with a dual HDMI output, an internal 3.5" SATA HDD dual-bay for huge total capacity (up to 32 TB) and offers powerful Wi-Fi 2.4 & 5 GHz and Ethernet gigabit network capability. The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is compatible with most audio and video formats such as ISO Blu-ray and UHD (with Menu support), M2TS, MKV (2D and 3D), home theatre audio (Dolby Atmos or DTS:X) and high-resolution lossless audio files up to 32-Bit. This new player is also compatible with the new Zappiti Video application for the best possible home theatre experience. In addition, the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition provides 6.35 mm output to connect your Hi-Fi headphones. The Pro 4K HDR Cinema Edition player raises the bar for video and audio playback, taking picture and sound quality to exciting new heights. The video playback has improved picture depth, deeper Black levels, greater contrast, increased dynamic range, more natural tones and colours making movie watching an immersive experience.
- ISF Certification: The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is certified ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) to get the best picture quality for viewing both UHD and Full HD 1080p contents.
- Dual HDMI: Use the second HDMI to separate audio and video for the best performances and enjoy the 4K HDR, while using an old-generation AV receiver or soundbar non-4K compatible. You can enjoy both HD sound and 4K HDR without having to replace your AV receiver or soundbar.
- Zappiti MagicPixel v2.5: Enjoy outstanding picture quality - far better than the previous generations - with improved dynamics, accuracy colorimetry, increased contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the image of your display! 3D also offers better image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
- HDR: Display your HDR video content, while also providing increased dynamic range on your HDR display (TV/projector).
- HDR Conversion: Convert your HDR video content into SDR to display it on your 1080p TV or projector.
- 10/12-Bit: Enjoy powerful 10/12-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display and benefit from increased nuances.
- REC. 2020: Enjoy a wider colour space for more saturated and richer colours.
- 4K 50/60p: Display your 4K 50p or 60p video content in 3840x2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Real Cinema: Advanced auto framerate detection compatible with all video frequencies (23.976 / 24 / 29.97 / 30 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz).
- Up-Scaling 4K: Display your videos with an ultra-high quality upscaling Ultra HD 4K (3840x2160 and 4096x2160).
- Direct Output: Display your videos in their original resolution and frequency without scaling processing.
- 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC) in true Full HD quality (Frame Packing) when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images.
- Network Player: Connect your Zappiti on your local network and enjoy your content from a PC/MAC or a NAS via SMB.
- SMB Server: Access the contents located on the internal hard drives of the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition (or a connected hard drive) from a computer connected via local network.
- MKV Player: Playback SD, HD and UHD video content in MKV and other modern video file containers and formats, including top quality HEVC/H.265 video codec with very high bit-rates > 400 Mbp/s.
- BD / UHD ISO: Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and access to the additional contents, director's cut or theatrical version, bonus and extras, bookmarks, etc. with seamless branching support.
- Dual HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA hard drives up to 32 TB (2x 16 TB).
- USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
- Ports USB 3.0 and Type-C: Read or transfer your files in ultra high speed. Note: USB Type-C and USB 3.0 ports cannot be used simultaneously.
- Full Range of A/V Connectors: S/PDIF coaxial and optical audio output, audio analogue output (cinch), CVBS video analog output, HDMI 2.0a (Deep Colour, xvYCC, 12 bits, and CEC), HDMI 1.4 (Audio Only).
- Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream up to 11.2.4, downmix stereo.
- Hi-Res Music Playback: Playback Hi-Res Audio quality (up to 24-bit / 192 kHz) music files in various formats (FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio APE, DTS, AC3, etc).
- Many Shortcuts and Advanced Playback Features: 1-9: direct playback access to 10 - 90%; Direct access to 1 min rewind and forward with dedicated button; Direct access to 10 sec. rewind and forward with dedicated button; Cursor down and up: Fast rewind and forward (up to x32); Dedicated button for STOP function.
- Playback Memory: Resume playback from the last position.
- Backlit Remote Control: High quality backlit remote control with convenient direct access and shortcuts, wide range (60° / 26 ft) and recordable buttons to control another device.
- Bluetooth 4.0: Connect your wireless devices via Bluetooth such as joysticks, headphones, connected speakers ...
- Computer Mouse & Keyboard: Connect a keyboard and computer mouse to control third-party apps and more convenient text input in Zappiti apps.
- Complete File Management System: copy, cut, past (multitasking), delete, rename.
- Zappiti Video Control: Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone.
- Open GUI: Add apps shortcuts to the home page.
- 6.5 Headphone Output: Connect your high fidelity headphone using the 6.5 mm headphone output.
- Hi-End R-Core Type Power Transformer: Top-quality power supply for ultra low audio/video noise.
- Hi-Fi Coaxal Output: The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition offers an ultra-high quality coaxial output that provides extremely high efficiency and transparent high fidelity sound up when using an external DAC. The coaxial output also provides lower jitter than the optical output.
- Zero Signal Output: Connect the Zappit to empty AV receiver connector to delete ground loop issues. Ground loops are a major cause of noise, hum, and interference in audio and video systems.
The World’s Best 4K Media Player
The Pro 4K HDR Cinema Edition player raises the bar for video and audio playback, taking picture and sound quality to exciting new heights. The video playback has improved picture depth, deeper Black levels, greater contrast, increased dynamic range, more natural tones and colours making movie watching an immersive experience. The sound quality is equally thrilling, reproducing a captivating sound both from the HDMI audio and digital audio outputs. Spoken voice is clearer and more discernible, with film scores having an increased sense of acoustic space, greater dynamics, improved depth, and a more natural tonality. The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Cinema Edition is the winner of the Best Product Award by CePro.
Notice: This modification is the only one certified by Zappiti with official warranty. The players support feet are unchanged from the original unit. Several types of isolation feet were evaluated with different equipment racks and the results were varied, inconclusive and in some cases the performance degraded. Therefore, Zappiti recommend customers try their own choice of isolation feet or platforms and decide if there are any performance benefits.
Disclaimer: Zappiti recommend this product has 400 hours burn-in to reach the optimum video and audio performance
Zappiti MagicPixel v2.5
Forget expensive outboard video processors… with Zappiti, you're living the video dream! The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR incorporates Zappiti MagicPixel v2.5 technology, which offers outstanding picture quality - far better than the previous generations - with improved dynamics, accuracy colorimetry, more contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the improved image of your display! 3D also offers greater image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
The Best Picture Possible
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR has received the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) certification, which guarantees the best viewing experience possible. The Imaging Science Foundation (ISF), a leader in image quality since 1994, is here to help by creating standards for display devices so that they can look their best in different environments, with a dedication to improving the quality of electronic imaging. ISF has four basic roles in this industry, which are consulting with manufacturers regarding product development, dealer training, media communications, and ISF licensing.
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR features a Direct Output function. This powerful feature allows you to display videos in their original resolution and frequency without scaling processing. If the resolution or frequency does not match any video standard, Zappiti automatically adapts the output video signal using the closest resolution and frequency.
With this new feature, your picture quality on Blu-ray ISO and SD content can be greatly improved, especially if you are using high-end 4K projector such as Sony, JVC, Epson, or if you are using dedicated scaler such a Lumagen Radiance.
Ultra HD 4K
Zappiti Pro 4K HDR features HDMI 2.0a output to provide the best compatibility with latest UHD 4K video content such in HDR. Zappiti MagicPixel upscales your video files up to UHD (3840x2160) into 4x times Full HD! The high-quality upgrade dramatically improves video image quality.
If you don't own an Ultra HD 4K display, don't worry! Zappiti Magic Pixel converts Ultra HD video content into extremely high-quality 1080p uncompressed 4:4:4 video to enjoy 4K content on Full HD 1080p displays. This process increases the resolution by about 30% compared with Blu-ray on a 1080p TV. In addition, the HDR is perfectly converted into SDR with BT.2020 to BT.709 conversion (3D LUT) for perfect colour grading. With Zappiti MagicPixel v2.5, the benefits of 4K are not restricted to large screen sizes.
DVD, Blu-Ray & UHD Menus Support
Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and access to the additional contents, director's cut or theatrical version, bonus and extras, bookmarks, etc. This feature is compatible with both ISO and BDMV (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and UHD). If you do not want to display the menus, you can start a movie immediately without trailers or warnings. The seamless branching is also supported for perfect gapless playback on director cut editions.
Astonishing User Interface
The amazing new Zappiti Pro 4K HDR sets an entirely new standard in Media Centre with an astonishing GUI, 3D effects, motion design, reflections and optional, beautiful skins. Zappiti settings allow you to enable/disable some visual features such as top movie covers (Blu-ray, DVD, MKV, etc...), and light effects.
Hi-Quality Backlit RC
Easily control the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR media player with the IR remote control (accessory included). You can also control the player using a wireless mouse or keyboard (not supplied). In addition, the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR can be controlled by the leading brands of universal remote controls such as Crestron, ProControl, RTI, Control4 or Logitech Harmony.
Direct Access & Shortcut Buttons
Switch instantly from one application to another (Zappiti or Explorer) using the direct access buttons: image ratio, 3D, subtitles, audio tracks, repeat mode, ... The remote control of the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR feature true STOP button, and direct playback access to 1 min. forward / backward and 10 sec. forward / backward.
Wide Range IR Sensor
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR features a high sensibility infrared sensor that cover a wide angle on long distance (60° / 26 ft). In addition, the remote control is equipped with two IR diodes.
Zappiti lets you share musics, from Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) to your Zappiti Pro 4K HDR using Airplay. Simply tap the AirPlay icon on your Apple device and share the latest musics to your Zappiti. Convenient built-in controls appear on your iPhone in apps, on the Lock screen, and in Control Centre — so you can easily play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, and adjust the volume on your TV or AV receiver.
High Precision Clock
Realising the importance of low jitter in the video domain, Audiocom installs a very high precision clock for the Realtek RTD1295 processor (SoC) to optimise the video and audio data processing. The new clock is highly accurate to within 0.01ppm with an extremely low jitter figure of 77 Femtoseconds making it one of the lowest in the industry.
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition features two HDMI outputs – an HDMI 2.0a port for connecting to the latest UHD 4K TVs, projectors and A/V receivers, and an additional HDMI 1.4 port dedicated to audio for connecting to older A/V receivers and for better audio performances. The HDMI Audio Only port features a high-stability, high-precision HDMI clock. This design significantly reduces jitter and eliminates timing errors, allowing you to enjoy your audio & video contents with increased accuracy when you use the audio-only HDMI output port for connecting the audio signal to your A/V receiver. In addition, on the video output, the audio stream is automatically muted when the HDMI Audio Only output is used, thereby reducing the effects of video noise on the main HDMI output.
The Audiocom Cinema Edition features high quality gold-plated output ports for HDMI connectors, analog audio left/right, audio digital coaxial for better sonic accuracy and more detailed, natural sound as well as less corrosive effect in time. Zappiti gold-plated ports use advanced engineering methods and the highest-quality materials to reduce noise and interference and deliver cleaner, natural, more accurate sound from your components. Gold-plated materials are also used for Wi-Fi and CVBS ports. The coaxial audio digital output of the Audiocom Cinema Edition has been improved from the original edition.
High-End Power Supply (R-Core)
The Audiocom Cinema Edition is powered by a massive R-Core type power transformer, which provides superior efficiency over standard power supplies and delivers a very clean and robust power source, producing low noise and significantly lower external magnetic field interference than traditional transformers equipped with a laminated steel core. R-cores transformers offer less capactive coupling between primary and secondary (less noise getting through) than toroid transformers. They also offer better efficiency than EI cores. Sort of most of the advantages of both without the penalties of both. Finally, R-cores are more cost-effective than other types.
With its enhanced power supply filtering, the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition provides great overall picture quality thanks to its amazing crystal sharp picture and an extreme black depth, particularly interesting in video projection, less noise, and accurate colours. Audio outputs are noise-free for more natural timbres, perfect channel balance, perfect silence and breathing, and faster dynamic accents.
Audiocom’s Pro 4K Cinema Edition features an improved power supply using components specially selected to achieve the lowest noise; including high current Schottky diodes, audio-grade low ESR capacitors with additional film bypassing. The benefits are a reduction in noise artefacts at the output resulting in a cleaner power supply.
Audiocom equips the Pro 4K HDR Cinema Edition with enhanced power supply filtering; for a cleaner AC mains supply. A very high-quality Furutech NCF IEC inlet with 6N Copper wiring is fitted to the power input board. Furutech’s NCF technology provides the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping to the incoming power line achieving a lower noise floor.
High Quality Headphone Output
For top audio fidelity the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is equipped with a dedicated headphone circuit that features a high speed ultra low distortion wideband system that's paired with a fully discrete final output stage. The dedicated amplifier is able to drive low sensitivity headphones (SPL). The headphone jack features a 6.35mm connector for compatibility with premium home and professional studio headphone models.
In order to optimize the quality of audio video signal transmission, the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR features a Zero Signal transport. By connecting your Zappiti Pro 4K HDR to a free RCA input connector of your AV receiver, the potential difference is eliminated for a perfect balance between different devices with a suitable reference level (ground). Mass loop effects (buz) are also eliminated. On the Audiocom Edition, the performance of the Zero Signal board is enhanced by utilising OS-CON Polymer decoupling capacitors.
Ultra Rigid Chassis
The 1.6 mm-thick chassis is reinforced with a 3 mm-thick steel plate rigid top cover. This solid chassis structure and overall rigidity provides low level of external vibration to the inner electronics, offering superior audio and video playback.
Dual HDD Slot
With its dual 3.5 "SATA hot-swap rack, the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is capable of supporting up to 32 TB total storage internally; the equivalent of about 600 Blu-rays or 300 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays. And as it is possible to exchange hard drives, you have no capacity limit! With the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, you no longer need to worry about storage problems.
Note: When using 2 hard drives, is able to mix contents from the 2 drives. When using more than 2 drives, it is possible to create a Zappiti collection for each hard drive.
Hard drive not included. Warning! The hard drives dedicated to servers NAS such as WD Red series are now compatibles.
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR is totally passively cooled and does not use a fan for ultimate quiet experience thanks to its fully metal housing and ventilation holes!
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR comes with an IR extender. This allows you to place your Zappiti Pro 4K HDR behind closed doors in a cabinet or in another room and still be able to control them from in front of your TV. It comes with self stick tape on the back of the IR bud for easy installation on any flat surface.
The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Audiocom Cinema Edition is HEVC / H.265 compatible. This new compression format is the successor to H.264. This codec reduces file size by 50%.
Zappiti Real Cinema
Cinema movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps), but most video or Blu-ray files are recorded at 23.976 fps. Today, many multimedia players output a video signal at 24,000 Hz. However, this conversion generates problems of stuttering in the image, in particular on video projectors. Zappiti Real Cinema technology maintains the original frame rate of the file, whether in 23.976 fps or 24,000 fps until the final display in order to enjoy the same fluidity as in the cinema and preserve the original integrity of the work displayed. On the other hand, thanks to autoframerate, the player automatically switches to the correct output frequency depending on the frame rate of the file, namely: 23.976 Hz, 24 Hz, 50 Hz and 59.94 Hz (60 Hz) depending on the type of file being read.
Enjoy all your 3D BD ISO and 3D MKV MVC movies files in true Full HD quality when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images.
With HDR (High Dynamic Range) support, the Zappiti Pro 4K will offer you images of striking realism by perfectly restoring all the richness and variations of light intensity of the HDR content with much more contrast and dynamics than with traditional video content.
10-bit & REC.2020
Enjoy an extended colour range with the REC.2020 format (much broader colour space than traditional video) and an increased number of shades (1024 levels instead of 256 levels per primary colour) support for 10-bit colour encoding format. The gradients will offer increased nuances; with colours more realistic and vibrant! And if your TV allows it, you can even use 12-bit output for even more subtle nuances.
Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
Enjoy the most amazing multichannel audio formats included Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD in 5.1 or 7.1, and even DTS:X and Dolby Atmos®, two revolutionary new audio technologies that transport you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. These new audio systems create powerful, realistic audio by introducing two important concepts to cinema sound: audio objects and overhead speakers.
With the power of the Realtek processor and Zappiti apps, enjoy true multitasking. Imagine: you can watch a movie during the indexing of TV shows and the files are transferred via Zappiti Explorer at the same time! You can also cancel copying of a particular file in the list of files being transferred using the current task window. And since Zappiti apps are active simultaneously in the background, you can instantly switch between them.
High Speed Network Transfer & Playback
With the next-generation Gigabit Ethernet bus, data rates are at peak levels: up to 115 MB/s in file transfer (20 MB/s on previous models) and up to 400 Mb/s in HEVC file playback. That is 7 times the bitrate of the Blu-ray format and 3 times the throughput of the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format!
* Only in SMB with an internal hard drive in the right rack using SATA III.
Zappiti products have been specially designed to operate in high-end installations and integrations: multi-level security locking, IP and IR control codes for Control4, Crestron, ProControl, RTI, Pronto, Logitech Harmony, Middle Atlantic rack panel, discrete codes ON / OFF and even a Zappiti API for high-end custom integrations.
- Chipset: Realtek RTD1295.
- CPU: ARM® Cortex® CA53 x4 (Quad Core).
- GPU: Mali™-T820 MP3 (3 Core) (equivalent to an Octa-core Mali 450) - DirectX 11.1, OpenGLES 3.1, OpenGL 1.2, FP, ASTC, Renderscript. 4x Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA).
- Operating System: 64-Bit.
- DSP: Video and Audio DSP with hardware acceleration. Native hardware 10-bit YUV support. Hardware performance optimizations for Zappiti UI.
- Cache: 1 MB L2.
- RAM: 2 GB DDR4.
- NAN eMMC: 16 GB (5.0).
- Connectors: gold-plated HDMI Audio Video 2.0a (HDCP 2.2, CEC, Deep Colour, 12-bit, xvYCC, MHL 3.0), gold-plated HDMI Audio Only 1.4a, 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB Type-C, gold-plated CVBS video analog output (both analog and digital video outputs are active at the same time), gold-plated audio analog RCA (both analog and digital video outputs are active at the same time), gold-plated coaxial and S/PDIF optical audio output (Toslink), Ethernet Gigabit 10/100/1000 Gb/s, Wi-Fi 2.4 & 5 GHz with 2 gold-plated removable antennas, IR input for IR extender, AC input, AC button On/Off (at the front), power LED on front panel controlled with RC, gold-plated zero signal output, gold-plated headphone output 6.35 mm.
- High-end Power Transformer (R-Core Type): High quality internal power supply for extremely low signal-to-noise ratio.
- Dual HDD Rack Enclosure Option: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA hard drives up to 32 TB (2x 16 TB).
- Media Sources: External HDD (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), PC and NAS in local network (SMB), other Internet and local network media sources. External multi-bay USB storage enclosures supported.
- Easy and Fast File Transfers: up to 90 MB/s via SATA, 70 MB/s via USB 3.0 / 115 MB/s via Ethernet. Only in SMB with an internal hard drive in the right rack using SATA III.
- Internet Navigator: Connect a computer mouse and keyboard to browse Internet as on a computer.
- DLNA Server: MiniDLNA Server (OpenWRT).
- SMB Client/Server: Zappiti Share, OpenWRT.
- FTP Client/Server: Transfer your files using FTP protocol (OpenWRT).
- Video Codecs: HEVC, H.265, x265 (up to Main10 Level 6.1 High 60p in 4K), MVC, AVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264/x.264 (up to 60p in Full HD and 24p/20 Mbps in 4K), FLV, AVS, XVID, DIVX (from version 4), Sorenson Spark L70, VP9 HW (up to 4K 60p) ; ultra high bitrate support (up to 400 Mbit/s in HEVC 4K).
- Video File Formats: UHD ISO, 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MKV 3D, MK3D, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, WebM, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS, RMVB, RM, DAT, VOB, 3GP, FLV, DAT, AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD 3D, AVHD Progressive).
- Video Output Flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format from SD to 1080p, Ultra HD (3840x2160) and 4K (4096x2160). Up to 4K 60p. Display your movies in true 24p (23,976 Hz ouput).
- Audio Codecs: AC-3 / Dolby Digital, EAC3, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X, MPEG, MP3, ALAC, APE, M4A, AIFF, WAV, VSELP, FLAC (2.0 only), AAC, AAC-LC, HEAAC, HE-AAC v2, AMR-NB, OGG (Ogg/Vorbis), RA_COOK, LPCM, PCM, ADPCM, FLA, MQA; lossless and audiophiles formats support (up to 24-bit / 192 kHz). DSD format is supported only using third party apps.
- Zappiti Music: Album cover thumbnail support (internal and folder.jpg), folder playback (including sub folders), random (shuffle), repeat playlist, repeat title, favorites and excludes, playlists creation and management. Control the music playback using Zappiti Music Control app for smartphone or tablet (Android/iOS) without the need of TV. Musical slideshow for live concerts or display the internal pages of album booklet or the back cover (via Zappiti Explorer).
- AirPlay: Zappiti lets you share musics, from Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) to your Zappiti using Airplay. Simply tap the AirPlay icon on your Apple device and share the latest musics to your Zappiti. Convenient built-in controls appear on your iPhone in apps, on the Lock screen, and in Control Center — so you can easily play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, and adjust the volume on your TV or AV receiver.
- Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream, downmix stereo (DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos).
- Force SD Audio: In SPDIF output, multichanel HD audio formats are donwmixed in Dolby Digital or DTS (if Core) or stereo (if not core). Note: Only HDMI can support HD audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD.
- Subtitle Formats: SRT (Subrip / external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (sous-station alpha / MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, SUB/IDX external), SMI (Sami), IDX, PGS (UHD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, M2TS, MKV), DVBSUB (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C).
- Subtitle Options: Download subtitle option. 3D subtitles support with depth settings. Multi-coding. Multiple external subtitles. Default subtitle setup.
- 3D Hardware Acceleration: OpenGL.
- Photo File Formats: JPEG (hardware decoding), PNG, BMP and GIF with resolution up to 8192x8192 pixels (displayed in 1080p). Musical slideshow option with dynamic transition effects.
- Supported Formatting: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), EXT4 (read), NTFS (read-write), MAC OS / HFS+ journaled (read-write), ExFAT (read-write).
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mb/s.
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11ac, 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz. Dual band. Dual external antenna (gold-plated and removable).
- Bluetooth 4.0: BT4.0
- Android 6.0: Install and enjoy additional apps via GooglePlay. Warning! Some Android apps are not suitable for use with the remote control. In this case, use a connected computer mouse or an AirMouse (not supplied).
- Mirroring Audio / Photo / Video: Mirroring your smartphone or tablet device's display and sound on your TV, showing off photos from a recent trip, or listening your favorite songs.
- Network Playback: Special optimisation of the network, guaranteeing better performances of the local network playback no matter which type of media thanks to SMB protocol (HEVC UHD files included) via Gigabit Ethernet or Ethernet 10/100.
- Universal RC: Integrate seamlessly into smart home installations via ready-to-use Control4 driver, RTI driver Crestron IP codes, Logitech, Pronto, and general IP codes. Power ON and Power OFF discrete codes.