Lindemann - Limetree Network II - Network Player
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Lindemann Audio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Limetree NETWORK II – What's new?
D/A converter and analog output stage (new development):
- Converter module ES9038 Sabre DAC. Ultra high resolution, integrated DPLL and SRC for jitter elimination. Briefly, one of the best D/A converter chips on the market.
- MEMS femto-clock < 500 fs clock jitter. Extremely stable clock with ultra low phase noise for best sound results.
- High-quality analog level control. Thus extremely low noise level. HF intermodulation of the converter module is attenuated together with the volume. Full resolution even at low levels.
- Excellent sounding headphone amplifier with high output current. Ultra low distortions, high damping factor, drives headphones from 16 to 300 ohms.
- IR remote control for volume, mute and track selection. (incl. CD player operation with external CD-ROM drive)
Integrated preamp with extended functions:
- Separate volume control for headphone and line output.Perfect for simultaneous operation with headphones and loudspeakers. Each output will remember its last volume setting.
- Balance control with a +/- 6 dB setting range (in 1 dB steps).
- Headphone volume with ideal gain range: 0 dB / + 12 dB.Useful e.g. with low-sensitivity magnetosts.
Additional app settings:
- 7 different oversampling filters selectable.
- Balance +/- 6 dB
- Headphone output low/high
- LED brightness low/high
Limetree NETWORK I
The Limetree NETWORK is a high-grade network player which can play back music from streaming services and local storage media in studio master quality. It is connected to the network with a LAN cable or via WLAN. It offers an additional USB port for docking harddisk drives or USB storage media. Beside an analog line level output, the network player also features a high-quality headphone output.
- Designed in Germany, made in Europe
- The LINDEMANN streaming platform offers a studio master grade reproduction. Either through a LAN connection or wireless via WLAN. Due to WPS, integrating the device into your existing system is just a breeze. Moreover, the ARM core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- Technically speaking, the Limetree NETWORK is way ahead: all digital signals can be converted into DSD 256, a data format which is highly esteemed by audiophiles worldwide. This radical new approach also lets "normal" recordings in CD quality shine with an exceptionally good sound.
- The Limetree NETWORK is equipped with a high-quality headphone amplifier, but may also be connected directly to an amplifier or active loudspeakers via the line output on the rear side.
- A special highlight is our multi-room function which allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. These are conveniently controlled via the LINDEMANN app.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets. The album-oriented programming convinces by fluent browsing and an easy, intuitive operation. Lindemann's definitive highlight.
- Via USB the Limetree NETWORK supports the connection of external CD drives and thus turns easily into a top-class CD player at little cost! And this, of course, plug-and-play; the drive is automatically recognised and integrated via the LINDEMANN app. Including control and CD text support.
- The Limetree NETWORK offers a Bluetooth function which enables a wireless music playback e.g. from smartphones or tablets. At the same time the A2DP Bluetooth audio transmission protocol ensures the very best sound quality.
The Limetree NETWORK is controlled almost exclusively via the newly designed LINDEMANN app which is available both for Android and iOS. Apart from the smartphone version, there is also a proprietary tablet version in the landscape mode. The app allows a fluent, intuitive browsing and searching. A new feature is the simultaneous display of browse view and play view. In addition you can also call up your current play queue. The album-oriented programming allows the playback of a complete album with just one push of a button!
In addition, the specially integrated multi-room function also allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. The range of streaming services is diversified, with a clear focus on studio master quality and hi-fi subscriptions. Customers may choose between TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio and Spotify. Through our partner airable they will also get access to thousands of podcasts and radio stations worldwide.
The circuitry – designed around the powerful streaming platform – has been tuned for optimum signal quality. All music files are post-synchronised by an ultra precise FemtoClock. The data processed in this way are free from “jitter“, the most frequent cause of a poor digital playback quality. The sound is open, natural and follows the recording in its true sense. An extra gain in sound quality is provided by the option to convert any data into a 1-bit signal (DSD). The converter blocks are run in mono mode, each channel has its own D/A converter. For the output stage we use one of the best amp modules on the market which also cuts a very fine figure as a headphone amplifier.
For the power supply Lindemann use a high-quality “medical grade“ wall plug transformer which ensures a particularly good isolation from line disturbances. Owing to the elaborated onboard filtering and special voltage regulators, they were able to realize an exceptionally low-noise power supply with a ripple voltage below 10 µV.
- Power consumption: 0.1 W standby, 3.5 W operation, 11 W max.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 107 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 4.2 in)
- Weight: 300 g (0.66 lbs)
- Power supply: 5V DC
- Resolution: 384 kHz/32 bit and DSD 256
- Dynamic range: > 120 dB
- THD & Noise: < 0.001 % (@ 0 dB FS)
- Clock: ultra low jitter MEMS FemtoClock
- Re-sampling: bit-perfect or DSD
- Converter architecture: two AK4452 DACs in dual differential mono mode, AK4137 re-sampler
- Output voltage: 2.0 V @ 0 dB FS
- Output impedance line output: 100 ohms
- Headphone connector: 3.5 mm mini jack socket
- Recommended headphone impedance: 32 -200 ohms
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- USB 2.0 high-speed host interface, max. output current 1.5 A
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, DSD
- UPnP und DLNA support
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit.
- DSD resolution: DSD 64 up to DSD 256.
- Gapless playback
- Streaming services: TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, Spotify,
- Internet radio and Podcast
- Roon Ready