Monitor Audio - CP-CT380 - In-Ceiling Speaker
Alongside a pivoting C-CAM tweeter, CP-WT380 and CP-CT380 models introduce powerful 8” C-CAM bass drivers featuring the Rigid Surface Technology (RST®) cone surfaces employed by our range-topping home audio speaker systems. RST uses a pattern of surface dimples to stiffen the cone for higher output and reduced distortion. A wider overall response and greater power-handling are attenuated according to taste by built in high frequency and boundary compensation controls.
- Pivoting C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
- C-CAM bass driver featuring Rigid Surface Technology (RST).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Boundary compensation controls.
- The innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment.
- Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
Award-winning speaker engineering, designed to disappear
By adapting our world-famous driver technologies for the architectural speaker environment across four performance levels, we’ve ensured that the potency of a Monitor Audio CP system is as breath-taking as it is from its cabinet counterparts. You’ll experience naturally fluid dynamics generated by precision engineered co-axial configurations of MMP®II or C-CAM® bass mid drivers and our signature 25mm C-CAM dome tweeter. In each case the tweeter pivots to direct high frequencies for perfect imaging. To the range-topping models we’ve added the pivoting IDC® module, which houses both a midrange driver and tweeter to allow you to focus more frequencies toward the listening area. Fine-tune the sound for room acoustics with the high frequency control on each CP model and use the boundary controls on the higher performance models to remove any chance of bass boom. With the breadth of choice available from CP, you’ll have all the control you need to design stunningly involving, immersive audio for music and home cinema more easily and discreetly than ever before. And because of the enclosed nature of CP design, you’ll enjoy a superior level of sound isolation between rooms and floors as well.
Easy, discreet, reliable installation
Not only can audio be controlled for optimum results, trimless bezels and super-discreet, paintable magnetic grilles allow the latest CP range to blend almost invisibly with walls and ceilings for a near-seamless integration with décor. Once easily and securely installed via Monitor Audio’s patented Tri-Grip® mounting, high reliability is assured by CP’s airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
A ‘stealthy’ super-narrow bezel and paintable grille ensure a near-invisible blend with décor. The grilles attach magnetically to the speaker frame, allowing removal and re-fixing in seconds
Pivoting C-CAM tweeters: all models excluding IDC
Created originally by aerospace engineers for jet-engine blades, Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium exhibits the ideal properties for accurate sound reproduction, being extremely strong but very light. Advanced software simulation has allowed us to optimise our C-CAM tweeter design, bringing higher sensitivity and a wider bandwidth to reveal the finest high frequency detail up to 25kHz at entry-level and 30kHz in the flagship CP models. The CP tweeter is able to pivot through 15 degrees in all directions for optimum imaging
RST bass drivers
The advanced RST C-CAM cone surface is patterned with radial ridges, which reduce mass, increase stiffness and eliminate the bending associated with conventional metal cone designs. The result is a smoother, more agile response, better control of break-up and a wider dynamic range.
Tri-Grip Mounting System
Our innovative Tri-Grip system has three clamping points per dog-leg providing three times the surface area and a better surface seal maximising bass response and mid-range clarity. This design also features a cam allowing the clamp to move smoothly as the installer tightens the mounting screw
Pre Construction Brackets
Pre Construction Brackets are available for all models as an accessory to help mark speaker placement during framing and prior to sheetrock application. The brackets will span up to 24-inch stud spacing. Pre Construction Brackets are not required for retrofit applications.
Adjustable Response Controls
Optimum imaging and set-up are established via pivoting tweeters, pivoting IDC driver modules, high-frequency, midrange-frequency, and/or boundary compensation controls (depending on model). The boundary compensation control provides a gentle midrange roll-off response, while preserving extreme low frequency output when the speaker is placed close to ceiling and wall boundaries
- Frequency Response - 50 Hz - 25 kHz
- Nominal Impedance - 6 ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 89 dB
- Maximum SPL - 109.6 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 30 - 120 W
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz @ 12dB / Octave
- Drive Unit Complement - 2-Way 8" C-CAM RST cone bass driver, 1" C-CAM pivoting Gold Dome tweeter
- Adjustment Controls - HF Level Switch (+3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB), Boundary Compensation Switch
- Overall Diameter (Including Grille) - 309 mm (123/16")
- Overall Depth (Including Grille) - 187 mm (7 3/8")
- Cut-Out Hole Diameter - 274 mm (1013/16")
- Mounting Depth - 181 mm (71/8")
- Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions - 309 x 309 mm (123/16")
- Fixing Type - 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Material - Mineral Filled ABS Plastic (RoHS2 Compliant)
- Weight - 3.74 kg (8 lb 4 oz)
- Connection - Gold plated 'push' type terminals
- Pre-Construction Bracket - CB10 Pre-Construction Bracket (Light Brown)
- Sold as: individually