PS Audio - DirectStream Power Plant P20 - Power Regenerator
Special pre order offer, pre order and save big. Stocks expected later in 2020 due to high international demand. Simply place a deposit now and the balance when stocks arrive. A great way to get the best and also save large.
The DirectStream Power Plant 20 is our most powerful AC regenerator ever with 2000 watts of pure regenerated power, and the first to accept both 20 amp and 15 amp power cables. The massive P20 is our finest expression of the art of pure power delivery, providing more than enough power for an entire system. Regardless of incoming power quality the P20 outputs clean, protected, low impedance, regulated power you can count on for the most demanding systems in the world.
Don’t starve your music. A P20 gives you improved dynamics, far better bass and a much bigger, open soundstage.
- Built in Boulder
- 2000 VA output
- Passively cooled
- 40% more power
- 3X lower impedance than any Power Plant yet
- Can deliver up to 70 amps peak from internal storage
- 13 EU/AU/GR/UK outlets
- 10 amp AC input EU/AU/GR/UK
- 230 volt Regulated EU/AU/GR/UK
- Range 200 –285VAC EU/AU/GR/UK
- 100% regenerated AC
- Pure Sine Wave generated through DSD (PDM) engine
- Integrated oscilloscope
- THD metre
- Improvement metre
- Power meter
- Control over the LAN
- Adjustable output voltage
- Colour touchscreen
- Field upgradable
Bigger, Better, More.
In 1998 PS Audio reinvented AC power. They’ve learned a lot over these last 20 years. The DirectStream P20 Power Plant is their finest expression of performance to date. It brings to even the most demanding systems remarkable dynamics, stunning transparency, and holographic imaging.
Pure power. Engineered without compromise.
When it comes to regenerated AC power we wrote the book. With two decades of engineering and a patented architecture in hand we built the biggest and best Power Plant ever. The P20 converts your home’s variable, compromised AC power into pure DC, then back again into safe, protected, regulated, perfect AC. The P20 will improve system performance like nothing else.
Reimagined DSD engine. Our cleanest source of power yet.
DirectStream Power ushers in a new world of purity with a clean, analog-like DSD generator. A Power Plant regenerator ‘s precise output is tied to its internal sine wave generator, not some coal-fired monstrosity feeding miles of noisy powerlines. The P20’s FPGA based DSD engine delivers the cleanest, lowest noise sine waves of any regenerator in the world.
Twice the size. Twice the power. Half the impedance.
System performance is improved by lowering the AC impedance, ensuring dynamic AC regulation, and providing instant, unlimited reserves of clean power of up to 70 amp peaks. The P20 does it all, with twice the output amplifier devices, twice the power supply capacity of our P10. Its available 20 amp input circuitry and unprecedentedly low output impedance make the P20 the most powerful regenerator ever.
A breakthrough in power delivery.
100 pounds of pure muscle. Sheathed in solid metal.
With twice the number of output devices and double the power supply storage of any previous Power Plant, DirectStream P20 is the new benchmark for power products. Regardless of the quality of AC coming into P20, your equipment is guaranteed clean, safe power, with significantly lower distortion than ever before. Safe, regulated to within 1/10th of a volt, P20 provides unquestionable purity for systems of all sizes.
Upgraded internal architecture. Nothing spared in execution.
Rethinking decades of engineering has resulted in greater phase accuracy, transient response, increased error correction, improved regulation and 3X our lowest output impedance ever. P20 brings you closer to your utility’s power source than ever before, eliminating all noise and artifacts of the miles of wire and connecting transformers in the way. Think of P20 as better than your direct connection to the power’s source because it fills in what’s missing.
Not just another conditioner. Rebuilding AC from scratch.
Power conditioners are passive collections of capacitors, resistors, transformers, and coils of wire which lack the ability to add missing energy back onto the power line. Power Plants use active components, like those found in large and powerful audio amplifiers, to store and release energy for peak demands (up to 70 amps), rebuild the AC signal and produce clean, clear, distortion-free, regulated AC for your equipment. When performance matters, why compromise?
- Location - Indoor use only
- Duty Cycle - Suitable for continuous operation
- Moisture Sensitivity - Not sealed against moisture
- Operating Humidity - <80%rh
- Storage Temperature - -40C to +40C
- Operating Temperature - 0C to 40C
- Max Operating Altitude - 12,000’ (3500m)
- Electrical Supply Nominal Rating - 230V 10A 50/60Hz
- Unit Dimensions - 17” W x 14” D x 11” H (43cm W x 36cm D x 27.9 cm H)
- Unit Weight - 96 lbs ( 43.5kg)
- Nominal Input Voltage - 200 –285VAC .
- Maximum Continuous Load - 2000VA
- Maximum Peak Load - 3600VA
- Voltage Regulation - >1V
- Output Distortion (Resistive Load) - <0.5%
- Output Distortion (Reactive Load) - <0.5% / 0.1% typical
- Output Impedance - <0.005 ohm
- Noise Reduction - 100kHz – 2MHz >80dB
- Efficiency @1500 VA - >85%
- Input Frequency - 45 – 65 Hz
- Under Voltage Limit - Continuous -10% of setting 15 sec duration -15% of setting
- Over Voltage Limit - Continuous 5% of setting 15 sec duration 10% of setting
- Energy Dissipation - 5040J
- Peak Current Surge - 180,000A
- Clamp Level - 775V
- DC Trigger Configuration - Tip Positive
- DC Trigger Voltage - 5 – 15Vdc