CocktailAudio - X50(D) - Digital Player
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is cocktailAudio the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Most versatile and powerful Pure Digital Music Server with database, CD Ripper, Network Streamer and much more
Features of Hardware and Engineering
- Equipped with high-performance Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0Ghz
- XMOS 32bit/500MIPS 8 Core Powerful Microcontroller
- DDR-1066 1GByte Main Memory and 8GByte Nand Flash Memory
- High speed optical disk drive for quick CD ripping
- 7 inch TFT LCD(1024 x 600 pixels) screen for intuitive GUI
- DAB+/FM Tuner built-in
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output for connecting to an USB Digital-to-Analogue Converter(DAC)
- I²S Digital Out(RJ45 & HDMI) to support up to Native DSD including 24bit/192Khz
- Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbps) built-in
- Support up to 8TB(Tera Bytes) storage like 3.5"/2.5" hard disk or SSD
- Using RAID System function, total 16TB storage configuration is possible
- HDMI Out connector for using an external screen like TV as its GUI screen
- Rugged chassis construction with full aluminum body chassis by CNC cutting
Versatile Software functionalities and usage
- Support various file formats like MQA, DSD(64/128/256), DXD(24Bit/352.8Khz), including 24Bit/192Khz WAV/FLAC and full range hi-res audio file formats
- CD Ripping with professional CD metadata and album cover art provided by Gracenote
- Make your own digital music file collection of DAB+/FM radio and Internet radio to X50D MusicDB via its recording function with hi-res sampling rate 24bit/192Khz
- High Connectivity
- Various network protocol supported(UPnP(DLNA) Server/Client/Media Renderer, Samba Server/Client, FTP Server,Web Server, etc
- Major Music Streaming Services(TIDAL, TIDAL MQA, Deezer, Qobuz, Napster, Spotify Connect) and Internet Radio(Airable) available
- Customised Remote Control App, NOVATRON MusicX for iOS and Android
- Customised WebInterface(WebUI) for remote control and MusicDB management by PC
- Support 'Roon Ready', which is the famous Music Player for Music Lovers
Many Useful functions
Created by custom-designed smart software developed by in-house R&D centre
- Listing by Text or Cover Art: To display album or song list by Text or Cover Art by pressing TEXT/ART key of RC
- Alarm: X50D offers Alarm function
- Sleep function: Pressing SLEEP key of RC will make X50D powered off automatically after set time
- Clock & Display OFF: Pressing CLOCK key of RC will make X50D screen show current clock or off
- Jump to Song Mode: On Now Playing screen, pressing CAP/NUM key of RC will lead you to 'Jump to Song Mode' or 'Seek to Percent Mode' On 'Jump to Song Mode', pressing numeric key is to jump to the song equal to the pressed number
- Seek to Percent Mode: On 'Seek to Percent Mode' pressing numeric key is to seek the location of the playing file equal to the pressed number
- Auto CD Ripping function: When you want to rip many CDs, Auto CD ripping function will be helpful. If you insert CD to the X50D, remaining tasks will be done by X50D until the CD is ejected after CD ripping is completed
- Display Mode: You can display Music DB list by unit of Album, Genre, Track, Artist, Composer, Year, Mood, etc
- To merge multi-album or rip it into one folder(Album): You can rip Multi-album into one folder (album)
- Reservation Recording: Schedule when you want the X50D to record iRadio with reservation recording
- Auto Cutting function: Using this function, you can edit a file recorded by X50D easily
- Edit recorded files: Edit recorded files cutting by unit of track or adding album tag info
- ROON Ready: If you like 'ROON' remote app from Roonlabs, you can use it with the X50D
- Audio file format conversion: Convert existing audio files into other formats, (e.g. mp3, FLAC, WAV, MP4) for use on other devices -MP3 player, car stereo, etc
- Audio CD Burning: You can burn Audio CD with the X50D
- Gapless Playback
- Scroll Speed: Control text scroll speed on the screen
- HDD Format: Easy solution to format hard disk with Linux file system or NTFS
- Import & Export your music: Import/Export music to/from the X50D Music DB via USB or over a network
- Edit music tag info
- Make Playlist
- Music DB backup & Restore
- Make 'My Playlist’: This is virtual playlist. If you stop playing it, My Playlist will disappear
- Auto Shutdown: Schedule when you want the X50D powered off
- HDD Sleep: Go into sleep mode as set
- USB Keyboard: Use an USB keyboard to edit song tag info easily
- Section Repeat: Set specific section to play repeatedly
- Resume Play: After booting up, resume playing automatically where it was last stopped
High Performance System Resources and custom-designed software
Based on Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 main processor running at 1.0GHz, additional 32Bit/500MIPS Microcontroller and custom-designed smart software, the X50D will satisfy highend audiophiles and all music lovers with great performance and versatile features
Wonderful Sound Quality created by in-house circuit design know-how and qualified components
Our all experiences, know-how and technologies for digital circuit design accumulated for long period and qualified components are applied completely to the X50D to deliver great sound to music lovers
XMOS 32Bit/500MIPS 8 Core Powerful Microcontroller
X50D can support up to Native DSD256 via its I²S Digital Output(RJ45 & HDMI) for highend audiophiles who have already a nice DAC which has I²S Digital Input
DAB+ Tuner and FM Radio Tuner
For high quality digital radio and traditional FM Radio, X50D offers DAB+ tuner and FM tuner
High Quality Digital Out Terminal
Two Coaxial Out, Toslink and AES/EBU XRL are available to let users make perfect audio component system by connecting to various external devices
USB Audio Class 2.0 Output
For music lovers and audiophiles who have already nice USB DAC, the USB Audio Out solution will be very useful
12V Trigger Out and In
You could use 12V Trigger Out/In to trigger(on/off ) a connected device like amplifier
Via this Word Clock Out, X50D will send out the sample rate signal of currently playing file
Two High Speed USB3.0 Host Ports
For quick data transfer purpose, X50D offers two(2) high speed USB3.0 Host ports at rear side
HDMI for bigger external screen or Audio out
Via this HDMI out, users may connect to bigger external screen for GUI, or connect to an audio devices which have HDMI input
RAID System with Two Storage Deck for Music Server
X50D offers two storage decks which accept 3.5"/2.5" SATA hard disk and Solid State Drive(SSD). According to users' purpose, they can setup RAID system easily. X50D offers three(3) kinds of RAID mode such as Mirror, Stripe and Big
CD Ripping with Gracenote CD metadata and Album cover art
Load all your CD collection onto the X50D Music Database in FLAC, ALAC, WAV or MP3 file format with professional CD metadata and album cover art from Gracenote
Music Database function
The X50D has a well-organized Music Database built-in, which offers very nice and convenient functions like SEARCH, display by text or cover art, SORT, various View, etc
X50D has digital inputs(Toslink & Coaxial) for connecting to external source devices. You can make your own digital music collection by X50D's recording function
Recording with 192Khz hi-res sampling rate
The X50D offers a recording function for internet radio, DAB+/FM radio and Digital Inputs. You can make your own digital music collection with wonderful sound
Auto/Manual Cutting for the recorded files
Auto/Manual cutting function to edit the recorded files is available at the X50D. You can easily edit files and import them into X50D Music Database
Versatile Networking and Remote Control with a Customised App
Connect the X50D to your network for streaming music to and from other devices, listen to cloud based music services and control remotely using mobile devices with our customised remote control app, NOVATRON MusicX or WebInterface
Control remotely by mobile devices with customized Remote Control App, NOVATRON MusicX app
Major Music Streaming Services integrated
You can access tens of thousands of internet radio stations and online music services like TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and Qobuz including Spotify Connect function
Control remotely by PC with WebInterface
Control the X50D remotely by your PC with its nice WebInterface function
Support various network protocols like UPnP Server/Client/Renderer, Samba Server/Client
Stream songs to and from other compatible devices in the same network
AirPlay and Spotify Connect
You can play songs from iOS devices and musics from Spotify via X50D wirelessly
Control X50D by Roon
As X50D supports 'Roon Ready', you can control X50D with Roon, which is great music player for music loves
7 inch TFT LCD Screen for Intuitive GUI and HDMI Out for external screen
7 inch big screen will let you control the X50D easily with intuitive GUI, and connect it to your TV for an external screen to view bigger GUI or a slideshow of photos while listening to your music collection
DAB+/FM Radio Tuner built-in
Enjoy high quality digital radio via DAB+ Tuner, and record any song or broadcast with high quality sound
High Connectivity for various external devices
- 2 x USB3.0 host at rear and 1 x USB2.0 host \
- GigaFast Ethernet LAN
- HDMI Out for external screen or Audio out
- USB Audio Class2.0 Output
- Digital Outputs(2 x I²S, 1 x Word Clock, 2 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink, 1 x AES/EBU XRL, 1 x HDMI)
- Digital Inputs(1 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink)
- And more.....
Two(2) Storage Decks for Music Server
3.5"/2.5" SATA hard disk and Solid State Drive(SSD) is accepted to the X50D, which supports up to 8TB capacity of individual storage. X50D offers RAID System configuration. According to users' purpose, they can setup RAID system easily by themselves. It offers three(3) kinds of RAID mode such as Mirror, Stripe and Big
Rugged and durable casing with full aluminum CNC cutting
The X50D front panel is based on 13mm thickness aluminium with CNC cutting, and whole body also is based on full aluminium CNC cutting. The die-cast aluminium feet provide rigidity along with additional resistance from external vibration.
- Host CPU & Memory: CPU - Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 running at 1.0GHz; CPU - Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 running at 1.0GHz; NAND Flash 8GByte
- CD Player: front loading; Supported media - CD, CD-DA, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW
- Display: 7.0" TFT LCD(1,024 x 600pixels)(* able to connect to ext. screen via HDMI out)
- Interface: Key & Jog(Volume/Scroll), IR Remote Control, Customised Remote App for iOS and Android devices, Web Interface
- Digital out (Variable/Fixed): COAXIAL x 2 - S/PDIF 75ohm RCA, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; TOSLINK x 1 - S/PDIF, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; AES/EBU/XRL x 1 - 110ohm, Sample rate: up to 24bit/192KHz; I²S Out x 2 - RJ45 (Native DSD, DoP, PCM up to 24bit/192Khz), HDMI (Native DSD, DoP, PCM up to 24bit/192Khz); USB Audio x 1 - USB Audio Class 2.0 Out(supported up to DSD256); HDMI Out x 1 - HDMI Audio Out(*Shared with HDMI Out for external screen); Word Clock Out - up to 192KHz
- Digital Input (For X50D only): COAXIAL x 1 - Sample Rate up to 24bit/192Khz; TOSLINK x 1 - Sample Rate up to 24bit/192Khz
- Supported Storage: Hard Disk - 2.5" SATA, up to 8TB, 3.5" SATA, up to 8TB; SSD - 2.5" SATA, up to 8TB (* Two(2) Storage Decks * RAID System for two storages (3 modes: Mirror, Stripe or Big))
- Tuner: DAB+/FM - DAB+/FM Tuner built-in(Selectable for DAB/DAB+ or FM Radio)
- Connectivity: USB Host - USB3.0(5V/1A) x 2 at rear, USB2.0(5V/1A) x 1 at front; Network - Wired = Giga Fast Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbs), Wireless(Option) = ※ 802.11b/g/n WiFi USB dongle(Option); 12V Trigger - Out = Max 200mA 12V, In = Max 12V; HDMI Out - Connect to external screen(* Shared with HDMI Audio Out)
- Codec & Format supported: MQA, DSD(DSD64, DSD128, DSD256), DXD(24Bit/352.8Khz), HD WAV(24Bit/192KHz), HD FLAC(24Bit/192KHz), APE/CUE, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AIF, AAC, M4A, MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, M3U, PLS, CAF, etc
- Network Protocols Supported: UPnP(DLNA) Server/Client/Media Renderer, Samba Server/Client, FTP Server, Web Server, etc
- Internet Services: Internet Radio - Airable; Online Music Services - TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify Connect
- Supported OSD languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean(To be added by request)
- Power Source: AC110 - 240V / 50 - 60Hz Free Voltage
- Mechanical: Material - 13mm thickness aluminium by CNC cutting front, Aluminum by CNC cutting knob, Full aluminium by CNC cutting body; Dimension - 441mm(W) x 330mm(D) x 100mm(H) with foot
- Certificate: CE, FCC, EMI, etc
※ Specification to be changed without notification