Golden Ear - Super Centre X - Centre Speaker
The SuperCenters are high-performance center channel speakers appropriate for the highest quality home theatre systems. They are designed to perfectly complement and match our Triton Towers and Aon Bookshelf loudspeakers, both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, both minimizing their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
These center channel speaker models incorporate a D’Appolito Array of two newly developed long-throw 5-1/4˝ bass/midrange drivers (four, with reference focused field magnet structures, on the Reference model) surrounding one of our signature High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters (and a High-Gauss Reference HVFR on the Reference model). The 5-1/4˝ drivers incorporate spiderleg cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as our unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP), to minimize cross-apex wave propagation interference. They also utilize top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that both extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. Since the top-mounted passive radiators put out a very low frequency pressure wave, they only require an inch or two of clearance above them so they can be placed in cabinets/wall units if desired (always position the speaker at the front of the opening for best performance)..
Sonically, the SuperCenters offer the same lifelike, highly detailed, high-resolution, smooth, open, boxless sound quality that our SuperSat centers are famous for, but with additional low frequency extension and greater power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.
The amazingly compact, high-performance SuperCenter X incorporates two 5-1/4" bass/midrange drivers, the GoldenEar High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, and one 7" x 10" quadratic planar low frequency radiator, for surprisingly full-range performance from a modest sized enclosure. The SuperCenter X is just the perfect size and performance for the typical size living room or family room home theater system.
High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR)
- Tweeter Diaphragm is a High Temperature Film
- High-Power Neodymium Magnets
- Squeezes/Pressurizes Air Instead of Pushing It
- Greater Control, Smoother More Extended Response
- Vanishingly Low Distortion
- Dramatically Improved Dynamic Range and Detail
- Superb Dispersion Characteristics
- High-Gauss Reference HVFR on Reference Model
5-1/4˝ High-Definition Bass/Midrange Driver
- GoldenEar Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP) Design
- Rigid Free-Flow Cast-Basket Chassis
- Proprietary Computer Optimized Cone Topology
- High-Gauss Magnet Assembly (Focus Field design on Reference model
- 1˝ High-Temperature Kapton Former Voice Coil
- Extremely Extended Resonant-Free Linear Frequency Response Characteristics
Quadratic Planar Low-Frequency Radiator
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance
- Performs Like a well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior transient Performance and Control
- SuperCenter X Uses One, SuperCenter XL Uses Two, SuperCenter XXL Uses Three
- Dimensions - 20˝ (50.8 cm) W x 5-3/4˝ (14.6 cm) H x 11˝ (28.0 cm) D
- Weight - 7kgs
- Frequency Response - 45 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement - Two - 5-1/4˝ Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Drivers, One - HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon High-Frequency Radiator, One - 7˝ x 10˝ Quadratic Planar Low-Frequency Radiator
- Recommended Amplifier - 20 - 200 watt/channel