Golden Ear - Super Sat 3 - Satellite Speakers
Every GoldenEar SuperSat satellite speaker model takes advantage of the extraordinary GoldenEar High‐Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) design tweeter. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion‐like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. The result is better impedance matching to the air in the room with greater control, smoother more extended response with lower distortion and dramatically improved dynamic range. Each SuperSat speaker model also utilizes GoldenEar’s ground‐breaking 4.5" cast-basket upper bass/midrange drivers, which incorporate their proprietary Multi-Vaned Phase Plug design (MVPP™) as well as their proprietary computer optimized cone topology, arranged in a D’Appolito array surrounding the HVFR tweeter.
The SuperSat 3 is an elegantly curved, compact satellite speaker designed for use when very high-performance yet small size is desired. (It is also the ideal matching Surround/Rear speaker and on-wall Height channel speaker for any GoldenEar-based system.) Four SuperSat 3s and one SuperSat 3C, combined with a ForceField 3 powered subwoofer, make up the superlative and award winning SuperCinema 3, a sub/sat 5.1 multichannel system.
As with all SuperSat satellite speakers, there is both a vertical model and a horizontal ("C") model which is optimized specifically for centere-channel, or any horizontal, applications. The SuperSat 3’s svelte, 2.7” deep, 12” tall cabinet is constructed from a rigid, non-resonant marble-powder infused polymer and is finished in a gorgeous piano-gloss black.
The SuperSat 3 satellite speakers includes a stand for shelf mounting; the SuperSat 3C includes an adjustable angling foot for ideal centre channel positioning. Both models incorporate a rear threaded insert as well as keyhole mount for wall mounting options. The Keyhole mount allows flat-on-the-wall mounting and the threaded insert can be used with our SuperSwivel universal bracket. Or, use the optional SuperStand Floor Stand - note total height of speaker and floor stand is 46"
High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR)
- Tweeter Diaphragm is a High Temperature Film
- High-Power Neodymium Magnets
- Squeezes/Pressurizes Air Instead of Pushing It
- Greater Control, Smother More Extended Response
- Vanishingly Low Distortion
- Dramatically Improved Dynamic Range and Detail
- Superb Dispersion Characteristics
4.5˝ High-Definition Bass/Midrange Driver
- GoldenEar Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP) Design
- Rigid Free-Flow Cast-Basket Chassis
- Proprietary Computer Optimized Cone Topology
- High-Gauss Magnet Assembly
- 1˝ High-Temperature Kapton Former Voice Coil
- Extremely Extended Resonant-Free Liner Frequency Response Characteristics
- Dimensions - 12˝ (30.5 cm) H (W) x 4-3/4˝ (12.1 cm) W (H) x 2-3/4˝ (7 cm) D
- Weight - 2.3kg
- Frequency Response - 80 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency - 92 dB
- Nominal Impedance - Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement - Two - 4-1/2˝ High-Definition Cast-Basket MVPP™ Mid/Bass Drivers, One - HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Recommended Amplification - 20 - 200 watt/channel
- Available as a pair